Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Russell Wilson's reps asked Seahawks for new contract?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GET RID OF THAT MONEY HUNGRY UMPA LUMPA!!! NO MORE CHOCOLATE FOR HIM!!!
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shouldn't even be news. Now it just wasted my time reading it and now posting about it haha. Russ loves Seattle, I see him playing his whole career here with many super bowl appearances.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Besides Russell Okung, Zach Miller, Sidney Rice and Red Bryant, everybody else on the roster is far exceeding their contract."

Ya nearly struck out on this one, Tooki. Okung's pro-bowl, right? Zach's done exactly what theyve asked him to from day one- spent all last year blocking because he had to to keep Jackson alive. This year they only started to target him late in the year & he came up huge. Rice finally managed to stay healthy all year & (for reasons only they know) he wasn't targeted as often as last year or as most of us thought he should/would be. You gotta admit he made a couple of spectacular catches, held onto the ball when he got blasted, & was wide-open a couple times that RW either didn't see him, missed or just didn't throw it, who knows why. Red, I agree back-slid, but let's see how serious the injury he played with is, & what they do with his contract if/when they bring in someone else to play the position.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Red is the one guy that makes me cringe over how much we're paying him

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
"Besides Russell Okung, Zach Miller, Sidney Rice and Red Bryant, everybody else on the roster is far exceeding their contract."

Ya nearly struck out on this one, Tooki. Okung's pro-bowl, right? Zach's done exactly what theyve asked him to from day one- spent all last year blocking because he had to to keep Jackson alive. This year they only started to target him late in the year & he came up huge. Rice finally managed to stay healthy all year & (for reasons only they know) he wasn't targeted as often as last year or as most of us thought he should/would be. You gotta admit he made a couple of spectacular catches, held onto the ball when he got blasted, & was wide-open a couple times that RW either didn't see him, missed or just didn't throw it, who knows why. Red, I agree back-slid, but let's see how serious the injury he played with is, & what they do with his contract if/when they bring in someone else to play the position.

Okung? He is playing about par with his contract IMO. He is getting some nice dollar and is delivering on that.

Miller? His numbers don't match up with his contract, but his impact sure does. He was responsible for beating the 'skins and almost helped win the Falcons game. His impact in the run game cannot be fathomed.

Rice? He came up big time with some clutch catches but he needs to work on getting separation from the corner. I'm fine with paying him the money that he is on if he can stay healthy, but he isn't exceeding his contract by any extent.

My point is that players like ET, Sherm and KJ Wright are far exceeding their (rookie) contracts. The players that I named are getting paid correctly for their services IMO.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad. Guess I misunderstood your point. But, IMO, there are lots of guys on the roster who're "only" playing commensurate with their pay checks. Sherman, KJ et al who were UDFA's etc are overperforming by simply making the team. & I dunno if ET's "FAR exceeding" since he was a top half 1st rounder. If he'd held onto a bunch of those shoulda been Int's then yeah!
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
My bad. Guess I misunderstood your point. But, IMO, there are lots of guys on the roster who're "only" playing commensurate with their pay checks. Sherman, KJ et al who were UDFA's etc are overperforming by simply making the team. & I dunno if ET's "FAR exceeding" since he was a top half 1st rounder. If he'd held onto a bunch of those shoulda been Int's then yeah!

ET is on pretty nice money numbers wise. It's the Top-10 that got the stupid contracts, plus Russell Okung held out for a bit as you might remember to get some more coin.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
GET RID OF THAT MONEY HUNGRY UMPA LUMPA!!! NO MORE CHOCOLATE FOR HIM!!!
Laughing

He announced he didn't ask for a new contract this morning. Who knows who started that or why they did.

Oompa loompa is funny though.

Wilson is not impressed.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On Sunday, Chris Mortensen of ESPN created a bit of a whirlwind when he reported that Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson’s agent Bus Cook asked the team for a new contract even though the Collective Bargaining Agreement makes it impossible for a rookie to get a new deal after his first season.

Cook called the report “a bunch of bulls–t” and Mortensen later added an update to say that the request was made without Wilson’s knowledge. Now Wilson has addressed the report. Wilson spoke to Peter King of SI.com to say that he neither asked for nor desires a new contract that’s impossible for him to get at this point anyway.

“I speak for myself, and I never demanded or asked for a restructured contract. . . . I have complete understanding and respect for the new CBA rules. . . . Anyone who knows me knows I play for the love of the game. I play for the challenge of being the best one day and know I have a long way to go,” Wilson said. “I respect the NFL, respect the new CBA, respect my teammates, respect all of the other players across the league, and respect the Seattle Seahawks.”

The CBA makes it plain that a rookie cannot renegotiate or alter his existing contract until he’s played three years so the prospect of a new deal was never something to take seriously. Whether someone on Wilson’s team ignored that and made the request anyway is a different matter, one that should probably trouble Wilson if such a request truly was made without his knowledge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/russell-wilson-i-didnt-ask-for-a-new-contract/

silus wrote:
The source is ESPN's Chris Mortensen, who has a reputation to keep. These things aren't reported unless something actually happened. I believe it. The question is who exactly contacted the Seahawks, and what was their relation to RW? I'm leaning towards a family member that believed they were looking out for the best interests of RW without knowing the first thing about business.

I still believe this is media made up Wilson and his Agent denied ever asking for a raise.

Elise on KJR also brought up another good theory maybe somebody pretended to be his agent and prank called its happened before with the whole Sanu thing on draft day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: