Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

yes or no

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swindlemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: yes or no Reply with quote

A lot of mock drafts have you guys drafting Banks-cb in the first round.Cornerback is a big need for you and i was woundering if you would be willing to trade your first round pick and third to Buffalo so you could get the best cornerback in Milliner?
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no

garbage
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, mainly because with the cap room the team has created by restructing Nicks and Jackson, there certainly seems to be an expectation that the Bucs will be active in free agency to address holes on the roster. Certainly, there are some intriguing available CBs in free agency, so I expect them to pick up at least 1 CB in free agency.

However, if they would trade up, our GM has shown a willingess only to give up draft choices in the 4th round or later to move up. In your scenerio, I don't believe they would have interest in parting with a third rounder.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the front office feels that Milliner is that far ahead of the other corners I would have no problem pulling the trigger on that trade. We do have 2-4's so losing a 3rd isn't the end of the world.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on how high they value milliner and te rest of the cb class. It's not very strong so the value may not be their. Kinda want to trade down and acquire 2014 picks which wouldn't be that bad of an idea.
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, let's make the deal right now. I'll send the papers over for you to sign and once you sign the trade will be official. Good doing business with you Mr. Nix.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
scottonatable

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of right now i would say a 1st and 4th round...no combine or workout yet its truely hard to still rank these guys
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. Millner is regarded by many as the top corner. Scouts say there is a HUGE drop off from him, while I dont believe it to be as true as they say, Millner fits what we want in a CB to a T.

I think a 4th would get it done though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millner would be great and I would love to get him but Id rather keep our 4th to use it to get 2nds and draft both Tavon Austion and Khaseem Greene. Rhodes in my opinion is not completely different than Millner, just more raw and a bit bigger and more physical. Honestly, I think Rhodes will be the pick when its all said and done and with good coaching I think the kid will become one good CB in the league.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Millner would be great and I would love to get him but Id rather keep our 4th to use it to get 2nds and draft both Tavon Austion and Khaseem Greene. Rhodes in my opinion is not completely different than Millner, just more raw and a bit bigger and more physical. Honestly, I think Rhodes will be the pick when its all said and done and with good coaching I think the kid will become one good CB in the league.

Completely agree with this statement. Really hope Rhodes is the pick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

so in other words, my mock LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: