Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New O-Line Coach on the Horizon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much at all about Sparano as an OL coach to say he would be a good hire, but I don't think it would be bad either. I think having someone else on the staff with head coaching experience would be a good thing with all of the inexperience we currently have.

I don't see Sparano getting a head coaching job anytime soon either.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it may be tough for Sporano to get another HC shot. I would just want a guy coaching the OL that will know to stay in his lane and not try and do more than he is asked to do. Line coaches are usually just that. And they stick to what they know mostly.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparano would be a decent hire. The fact he has experience as a HC could also help Allen a bit.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Sparano would be a decent hire. The fact he has experience as a HC could also help Allen a bit.

Agreed. He's screwed up enough recently that he'd be a line coach for a year or 2. Would be good to give Allen a AHC for some support too.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Agreed. He's screwed up enough recently that he'd be a line coach for a year or 2. Would be good to give Allen a AHC for some support too.

True but personally I would prefer a Saunders be AHC. He doesn't want to move up so he wont be gunning for DA's job and is well respected. Still has high energy for a guy his age.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

True but personally I would prefer a Saunders be AHC. He doesn't want to move up so he wont be gunning for DA's job and is well respected. Still has high energy for a guy his age.

What does he even have to offer as an AHC though? Has he even been a HC anywhere before? His last OC job was to be Hue's underling. He should be more of an Assistant TO THE Head Coach.

(yes that was an Office reference)

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
reddevil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said in another forum that Allen looks to be surrounding himself with experienced heads on offense. A trio of Olson, Saunders and Sparano would bring a wealth of experience and as long as they stick to their roles and are able to work together constructively - you would expect that between them they could come up with something that would work. I can certainly see Allen's thinking if this is to be the case.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe D'Alessandris is the guy I'd like to see hired.

The Bills Oline was an underrated unit and he was coaching it. Their RBs were putting up awesome numbers behind his Oline.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: