Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The ridiculing begins....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: The ridiculing begins.... Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/44512/in-the-end-the-same-old-falcons

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Pat. He actually likes us (NFC South writer for ESPN).

Don't care for this article though...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't really like this guy. I used to read the blog, but I feel he's constantly changing his opinion on our team. When we win a tough game he writes an article how we've turned the corner, then when we lose a game like this he writes how we're not they're yet.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent him an email with a very balanced, even keeled response to why his assessment of the Falcons is totally wrong. We aren't a perfect team. We do need to be able to run the ball better in the second half. We do need to get better defensive ends to shut down comebacks by the opponents. That doesn't mean we stink or are the same old Falcons. I'm not a fan of the article based on the fact that he took about 15% of the game and blew it up into 110% of the article. I'll let you know if I hear back but probably won't.

I'm proud of the Falcons and of this season. The 49ers lost the exact same game last year and look at them now. We know what we need to focus on and can hopefully make it back next year.

I feel like the Falcons are similar to the Peyton Manning led Colts. We'll hopefully make the playoffs most every year and then hopefully will have everything align just right one year and win a Super Bowl. We're a team on the rise and would still bet that we will win a Super Bowl in the next decade... and then I'd love to read Pat Yasinskas article of the same old Falcons.
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of this article, we all know the reason we cant close out games. Lack of a running game and lack of pass rush. The teams who won yesterday had those elements. We also have to get better defending the run. Until this team gets serious about the trenches we won't take the next step

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon McClure and Gonzo we need you to win it all!

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a really good guy. But he had to write from an unbiased perspective. I told him, that either way, this is still a very good team and he said that he wouldn't be shocked to see us do what the 49ers did this year.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
He's a really good guy. But he had to write from an unbiased perspective. I told him, that either way, this is still a very good team and he said that he wouldn't be shocked to see us do what the 49ers did this year.

Quote:
I’m getting the feeling Gonzalez and McClure could play another 10 or 20 years and the Falcons still wouldn’t be capable of getting to the Super Bowl

Sure scar Rolling Eyes

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how we are the same old Falcons. Are we supposed to make the Super Bowl every year? We played a hell of a game, and stuck with the 49ers, a team many thought would blow us out. Our time in the playoffs this season was NOT anywhere close to our past experiences.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
xxfalconfanxx20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
I don't get how we are the same old Falcons. Are we supposed to make the Super Bowl every year? We played a hell of a game, and stuck with the 49ers, a team many thought would blow us out. Our time in the playoffs this season was NOT anywhere close to our past experiences.

It's the same old team because we started of 17-0... Proceded to be up 24-14 at half and then let the 49ers take over. Constant theme of letting teams back into games this year. With the exception of the Giants and maybe one other team that happened in every other game. I don't quite understand how we can come out so strong and let sometimes BAD teams back into the game. We should be blowing people out of the water and making statements across the league.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

It's the same old team because we started of 17-0... Proceded to be up 24-14 at half and then let the 49ers take over. Constant theme of letting teams back into games this year. With the exception of the Giants and maybe one other team that happened in every other game. I don't quite understand how we can come out so strong and let sometimes BAD teams back into the game. We should be blowing people out of the water and making statements across the league.

I agree with this. I don't agree with yasinkas' article that seems to not have much substance behind it. It's clear we don't have that killer instinct bu, at least IMO, that's pretty easy to learn and adapt to. What's not easy to get is all the talent we have that plays so well together.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

How does jumping out to a lead then squandering it have any semblance to previous seasons. This article was written based on playoff performance. Other than the Arizona game we were blown out. This team was obviously different than past years evidenced by the fact we actually put points on the board and kept it competitive with the top teams in the NFL.

Coaches need to make better IN GAME adjustments. Previous years they could not adjust after the half. Consistently stubborn about forcing the gameplan even if it wasn't working. This year, if we were down, I saw nice adjustments that proved well worth the tweaks. However, whenever we were up, no adjustments were made even when the opposing defense had made theirs and started stopping our progress. We played with a bend but don't break philosophy when we had a lead. Mike Smith needs to play a better game of cat/mouse.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

How does jumping out to a lead then squandering it have any semblance to previous seasons. This article was written based on playoff performance. Other than the Arizona game we were blown out. This team was obviously different than past years evidenced by the fact we actually put points on the board and kept it competitive with the top teams in the NFL.

Coaches need to make better IN GAME adjustments. Previous years they could not adjust after the half. Consistently stubborn about forcing the gameplan even if it wasn't working. This year, if we were down, I saw nice adjustments that proved well worth the tweaks. However, whenever we were up, no adjustments were made even when the opposing defense had made theirs and started stopping our progress. We played with a bend but don't break philosophy when we had a lead. Mike Smith needs to play a better game of cat/mouse.

I agree, but we all know what it takes to close out games. You need a healthy running game and a solid Defense that can stop the running game and create pressure on the QB. That formula holds large leads. We all knew the Falcons had huge issues in both categories of running the football and stopping the run. Along with no pressure from our Dline, our ending fit perfectly.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How nice would Ray Edwards have been if he was playing up to his sack-a-game days in Minnesota?!?

Our lack of a pass rush and TRULY elite power running game is what's killing us. Good thing we have a great GM and a chance to fix it over the next few years. Soon those comebacks will get shut down and we'll be Super Bowl champions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: