Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conference Championship Game Ball?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Player of the game?
Colin Kaepernick
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Frank Gore
40%
 40%  [ 17 ]
Vernon Davis
21%
 21%  [ 9 ]
NaVorro Bowman
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Ahmad Brooks
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Carlos Rogers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Culliver
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 42

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I still vote for my jersey.

Dannngggggg, totally forgot to put you as an option if we won this week. I will tell you what, we win a Super Bowl and you will be option #1!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Frank, but Brooks was a very close 2nd for me. Ahmad really showed up for this one, and the shoulder injury he laid on Ryan at the end of the game may have been the reason Matty's last couple of throws looked off. He was favoring the shoulder pretty seriously after that hit, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear in the next few days that he suffered a mild seperation.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to go with Frank Gore.

Honorable mentions:

Kaepernick - Played a really good game overall. His pre-snap reads are still pretty awful and whenever he changes the play, we seem to lose yardage or Gore gets sent into a brick wall. When he gets a full offseason as the starter, I think this improves dramatically. When that happens, every game is his game to lose. Sky is the limit.

Vernon Davis - I wanted to go with Vernon, but I had to ask myself.... Am I wanting to vote for him because he's been invisible for so long? Had he been playing at even an average level of play for the last half of the season, I don't know if I would have even thought of voting for him.

Here's one that wasn't even mentioned in the poll:

Tarell Brown - His overall stats may not look amazing, but he made some huge plays down the field yesterday. Including one in the end zone, if I recall correctly. He's no shut-down guy, but the man is a good tackler and seems to make plays when it really matters.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
I went with Frank, but Brooks was a very close 2nd for me. Ahmad really showed up for this one, and the shoulder injury he laid on Ryan at the end of the game may have been the reason Matty's last couple of throws looked off. He was favoring the shoulder pretty seriously after that hit, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear in the next few days that he suffered a mild seperation.

Brooks did his best J.J. Watt impersonation yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:

Honorable mentions:

Kaepernick - Played a really good game overall. His pre-snap reads are still pretty awful and whenever he changes the play, we seem to lose yardage or Gore gets sent into a brick wall. When he gets a full offseason as the starter, I think this improves dramatically. When that happens, every game is his game to lose. Sky is the limit.

Vernon Davis - I wanted to go with Vernon, but I had to ask myself.... Am I wanting to vote for him because he's been invisible for so long? Had he been playing at even an average level of play for the last half of the season, I don't know if I would have even thought of voting for him.

Tarell Brown - His overall stats may not look amazing, but he made some huge plays down the field yesterday. Including one in the end zone, if I recall correctly. He's no shut-down guy, but the man is a good tackler and seems to make plays when it really matters.
Kaep had great pre snap reads yesterday. It seemed like he's been getting better at them since the GB game.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Honorable mentions:

Kaep had great pre snap reads yesterday. It seemed like he's been getting better at them since the GB game.

To be fair, pre-snap reads are as much on the playcaller than they are on the QB. If Roman calls a stupid-arse play that Kap has to audible out of, that's not Kap's fault. In the first quarter, it was a struggle. We don't truly know whether Kap really audibled in or out of play that much, because he wasn't using the "let it roll" or "kill" method (maybe they should have at times, because communication in a loud dome has to be simplified). So, many of Kap's audibles might have been decoys (I do it myself in video games... I call a route audible to a WR, while I'm actually calling a run play). The good thing is, there was an adjustment. Again, we can't know for sure who deserves the most credit. Was it Kap audibling to the right play or Roman not calling stupid-[inappropriate/removed] plays anymore? Who knows. But the adjustment was made and the offense got rolling.

The one great benefit to the let it roll/kill method was to give us fans an insight into playcalling. Now, we can't really tell. The other benefit was that the offense would set up faster. I'm getting sick of stupid delay of game penalties. I would use it, a couple of times a game (a good opportunity would be the opening drive, the scripted one), just to set up quickly and give Kap time to try to draw the defense offside. Imagine what he could do with a free play. Defense is offside, the play rolls on, Randy goes deep, Kap buys time and launches it deep. That could set the tone.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

Yeah, I thought Kap's pre-snap reads were pretty good last night, and his handling of the read option was perfect: he just handed the ball off every time because the ends were spying him, and backs had fat holes to run through (mostly on the right side) because the ends couldn't collapse and risk Kap burning them. Colin will have to practice working with crowd noise, pre-snap reads and clock awareness, but he's a hard worker and I'm sure he'll be better at all of those things next season. At any rate, we've gotten past the last hostile dome game this year, so it's all good.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From an outsiders prospective - gore or Davis.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
From an outsiders prospective - gore or Davis.
I think Gore was a key factor, but Davis killed it too.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RudyZ's Andy Lee jersey is missing from the list. That's my choice

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
Poster4613

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank for me.
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Kaepernick. The stats weren't amazing, but he commanded the field for us out there. Aside from a couple delay of game penalties he was damn near perfect.

Kap gets it for me. the audible calls versus a noisy crowd, hostile environment, and most of all, its his read option. He makes the decision to read the end and keep it or hand it off. and that is what made the runs by frank so dynamic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, Jaws said on ESPN today his pre-snap reads were great all game and surprised him big time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
VD for me. The invisible man steps up and returns to roast Nolan's zone in a game they obviously game planned against Crab and Kaep's legs. Someone had to step up and he did it again when it counts. Of course, someone had to throw it to him so props for Kaep as well!

Plus One
shuebakka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to go with Kap.

You expect Frank to do what Frank does, and pound it like a champ like he has his whole career. And you expect VD to show up like he should've been doing all season. But no one expects a second year QB with less than a season's worth of starts to remain calm and confident after a 17 point deficit and get it done on the national stage during the NFC Championship Game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: