Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's next for the Browns?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: What's next for the Browns? Reply with quote

Head Coach? Check.
OC? Check.
DC? Check.
GM? Sadly, Check.

What are the next moves for the team? What would you like to see happen over the coming months? What specific announcements would you like to see made regarding players, front office personnel, coaches, trades etc.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am okay with the front office. I'd like to hear about stadium changes if there are going to be any besides the name.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I think I am okay with the front office. I'd like to hear about stadium changes if there are going to be any besides the name.

Stadium changes are most certainly coming. The primary reason for the hiring of Alec Scheiner was to "improve the game day experience", and that includes changes to the stadium. He was in charge of the exact same thing in Dallas, and I'd expect changes to come very quickly.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD

Last edited by ReggieCamp on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Stadium changes are most certainly coming. The primary reason for the hiring of Alex Scheiner was to "improve the game day experience", and that includes changes to the stadium. He was in charge of the exact same thing in Dallas, and I'd expect changes to come very quickly.

There's a question I've had when people talk about "improving the game day experience" at the stadium... what does that mean exactly? For me, it's things that there's no chance of doing (e.g. cutting down TV timeouts, keeping concession prices reasonable, etc.) so I'm not sure how that would change. Can someone give any examples of what other teams do to heighten the fan experience?
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Stadium changes are most certainly coming. The primary reason for the hiring of Alex Scheiner was to "improve the game day experience", and that includes changes to the stadium. He was in charge of the exact same thing in Dallas, and I'd expect changes to come very quickly.

There's a question I've had when people talk about "improving the game day experience" at the stadium... what does that mean exactly? For me, it's things that there's no chance of doing (e.g. cutting down TV timeouts, keeping concession prices reasonable, etc.) so I'm not sure how that would change. Can someone give any examples of what other teams do to heighten the fan experience?

It sounds like they're looking at pretty much everything, from the mundane to the grandiose.

I've read about just about everything: Cleaner rest rooms, shorter lines for services, wireless capabilities, scoreboard upgrades, new and different signage, and even speculation about a roof/dome. Additionally, he'll focus on expanding and upgrading the radio and TV coverage.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

It sounds like they're looking at pretty much everything, from the mundane to the grandiose.

I've read about just about everything: Cleaner rest rooms, shorter lines for services, wireless capabilities, scoreboard upgrades, new and different signage, and even speculation about a roof/dome. Additionally, he'll focus on expanding and upgrading the radio and TV coverage.

Some how expanding TV coverage would be amazing. Tired of having to go find a place with the NFL ticket to watch the game and 90% of the time they are playing the audio of a different game.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Okay, mini-poll.

Which of these things is the most important to each of you to improve the game day experience?

1) WiFi
2) Cleaner/better accommodations
3) Controlled elements (roof)
4) Concessions
5) Mega screen
6) Pole dancers
7) Hug a Brown promotion
8 ) Get out of jail free cards on Steeler game day
9) La-Z-Boy seating
10) A better product on the field

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Okay, mini-poll.

Which of these things is the most important to each of you to improve the game day experience?

1) WiFi
4) Concessions
5) Mega screen
6) Pole dancers
7) Hug a Brown promotion
9) La-Z-Boy seating

Aside from Pole dancers, I don't see anything more important than WiFi. How many times have you wanted to check up on fantasy football in the middle of a lackluster game?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:

Some how expanding TV coverage would be amazing. Tired of having to go find a place with the NFL ticket to watch the game and 90% of the time they are playing the audio of a different game.

Yeah down in the Ytown/Warren area I get stuck with Sh!#sburgh all the time in the Nov and Dec because the games are more entertaining... I would love for Haslam to take over this area and color it brown and orange.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope right now they are evaluating our roster and deciding to try very hard to keep Dawson and extending Mack and Ward. They should also be looking at free agents. Biggest question is their evaluation of Weeden. I think Chud and Norv might be able to improve him at q.b.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

1) WiFi
4) Concessions
5) Mega screen
6) Pole dancers
7) Hug a Brown promotion
9) La-Z-Boy seating

I'll take 10.

But "Free Tickets" might just trump that.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

1) WiFi
4) Concessions
5) Mega screen
6) Pole dancers
7) Hug a Brown promotion
9) La-Z-Boy seating

I'll take in order

Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

1) WiFi
4) Concessions
5) Mega screen
6) Pole dancers
7) Hug a Brown promotion
9) La-Z-Boy seating

I'll take in order

A better product on the field is paramount.

I'm pretty sure Goodell said he wants wifi in all the stadiums so I think that's coming regaurdless.

I'd love to see Legends opened back up again for regular ticket holders. It was a good sanctuary to go to on those freezing game days to warm up. I think my girl would enjoy that part too.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: