Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFCCG GDT: San Francisco 49ers @ Mylanta Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who represents the NFC in the SB?
San Francisco 49ers
80%
 80%  [ 32 ]
Atlanta Falcons
20%
 20%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 40

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
Great game today fellas. Wish you the best now that the game is over, and you have a very talented team that should be a stalwart in the playoffs for many years. Didn't take any shortcuts, and built a team the right way. Kudos.

Thanks, you guys have nothing to be ashamed of as this was one hell of a game. The Falcons will be in the playoffs for years to come and may even make the big dance VERY SOON. Congrats on a great season..........................

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
One thing I like in our favour is that Jim is GREAT with a bye week of preperation. I think we've only lost once or twice in the 2 years Harbaugh has been here where we've had more than 7 days to prepare. That includes season openers, bye weeks, and first game of the season.

Neat trick to make lists look longer.

You forgot the first home game of the season, and the first away game of the season.

As well as the home opener and away opener.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
One thing I like in our favour is that Jim is GREAT with a bye week of preperation. I think we've only lost once or twice in the 2 years Harbaugh has been here where we've had more than 7 days to prepare. That includes season openers, bye weeks, and first game of the season.

Neat trick to make lists look longer.

You forgot the first home game of the season, and the first away game of the season.

As well as the home opener and away opener.

Pretty ricky tacky if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game locker room video.

It looks like I wasn't the only one jumping and chanting.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Locker-Room-Speech-NFC-Championship-Game/b3892397-902d-4070-8b17-eb218d221a34

^Kempes^

Last edited by 49ers4life52 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfCYAUFZ1A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
Post game locker room video.

It looks like I was the only one jumping and chanting.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Locker-Room-Speech-NFC-Championship-Game/b3892397-902d-4070-8b17-eb218d221a34

We goin to the 'SHIP!!!

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
tiger9er08

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
The whole game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfCYAUFZ1A

damn thanks man, that's awesome!
CJ4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
CJ4life wrote:
Great game today fellas. Wish you the best now that the game is over, and you have a very talented team that should be a stalwart in the playoffs for many years. Didn't take any shortcuts, and built a team the right way. Kudos.

Thank you, you guys are a great fan base and have been nothing but classy from the start. Best of luck to a good off-season for you guys.

Also....I envy your wide receivers.

Most teams do. Very Happy

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further reflection: Is it just my imagination or did Julio Jones get at least half his catches by pushing off our CBs? Not once was it called. Holding wasn't called on their OL either despite the fact that they were guilty often.
Ultimately though, I am just glad our 9ers over came everything obstacle to win in that game.
The Quest for Six is almost complete! Cool
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Upon further reflection: Is it just my imagination or did Julio Jones get at least half his catches by pushing off our CBs? Not once was it called. Holding wasn't called on their OL either despite the fact that they were guilty often.
Ultimately though, I am just glad our 9ers over came everything obstacle to win in that game.

On every unsuccessful play, I called a penalty on the falcons in my living room. But that was just me being a fan. There was arm action a lot of times with Julio, but to be honest, most of it was within the rules. Plus, we can't really complain, since that 4th down pass break up by Navorro wasn't exactly clean either. I think there are some unspoken rules out there, like referees will rarely call a holding penalty on an offensive lineman taking care of Justin, just like no holding will be called on Justin when he happens to grab a lineman. There's some give and take. Next time we play the seahawks, I hope we push off their corners a lot more. Referees can't call offensive PI on anyone, seeing how they never call defensive PI on them. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

On every unsuccessful play, I called a penalty on the falcons in my living room. But that was just me being a fan. There was arm action a lot of times with Julio, but to be honest, most of it was within the rules. Plus, we can't really complain, since that 4th down pass break up by Navorro wasn't exactly clean either. I think there are some unspoken rules out there, like referees will rarely call a holding penalty on an offensive lineman taking care of Justin, just like no holding will be called on Justin when he happens to grab a lineman. There's some give and take. Next time we play the seahawks, I hope we push off their corners a lot more. Referees can't call offensive PI on anyone, seeing how they never call defensive PI on them. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

There's a bit of difference with Bowman's: it was within the first 5 yards. That's within the rules.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

There's a bit of difference with Bowman's: it was within the first 5 yards. That's within the rules.

Contact is legal, holding still isn't.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is defensive tackle Justin Smith OK? It took all of about four seconds to provide the answer. On the first play from scrimmage, the Falcons ran right at Smith. Center Todd McClure and left guard Justin Blalock double-teamed Smith, who reached out with his left arm -- yes, the arm with a partially torn left triceps tendon -- and brought down Michael Turner for a 3-yard gain.

Quote:
Brown gave up 11 catches on 14 targets for 126 yards, according to Pro Football Focus. He had very good coverage on Jones on the 20-yard TD pass to open the second quarter and tried to force Jones out of bounds. Somehow, Jones made the grab and got both feet inbounds. Brown did not give up a TD catch in the entire regular season or in the first playoff game, according to PFF.

Quote:
--Kaepernick was 9 of 12 for 129 yards and a touchdown when he was blitzed for a 137.2 rating, according to PFF. He also had a 23-yard scramble against the blitz.

Quote:
And running back Anthony Dixon, who was stopped last year in the NFC Championship Game against the New York Giants on a key third-and-1 running play in the fourth quarter, got a similar opportunity in the fourth quarter. This time, Dixon plowed through the right side for 4 yards on the 49ers' go-ahead touchdown drive. Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker and extra blocker Daniel Kilgore had exceptional blocks on the play.

Quote:
--Crabtree was clearly the focus of the Falcons' pass defense, as it was difficult for him to create separation against a stead diet of double-teams and bracket coverage. He made a nice catch against tight coverage and ran hard to pick up half of his 33-yard gain early in the fourth quarter.

Ok. I went crazy on the quotes but I really thought these stood out to me. When was the last time that Crabtree saw bracket and double teams? DCs will now have to make a decision whether to double him or VD, let's not forget Moss is still on the other side.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/defensive-film-review-49ers-bounce-back

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/offensive-film-review-falcons-force-kaepernick-be-methodical

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
tiger9er08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re-watching the game and that Harry Douglas catch that was reviewed, on that play he pulled Carlos Rogers down by the neck of his jersey, that's why Rogers fell, so the refs screwed us twice on that play lol..
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how Randy was pumping up our defense in the 4th.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 73 of 74

Jump to: