Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking Flacco
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Ranking Flacco Reply with quote

Now that he's broken the record for road playoff wins, become the only QB to win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons, and developed into a very consistent performer in January as a whole in each of the past three seasons, it's pretty much impossible to keep Joe out of the top 10. Well, at least for me. However, amidst a series of playoff performances of this caliber (in addition to prior accomplishments), leaving him at the very end of the top 10 just doesn't seem enough. I'm to the point now where I think he's #8 at the lowest. I personally have him at #7, with the following ahead (no particular order):

- Brady
- Rodgers
- Brees
- P. Manning
- E. Manning
- Ben

Where would you rank him at this point?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's #1 in our hearts Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-8 imo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him at around #9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably about number 8.

I hate the Jaguars
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 or 4

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
He's #1 in our hearts Crying or Very sad

If only there were more kickers like Nigel Gruff out there...

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say #6. Obviously the big 4 is consistent. After that I have Big Ben and Flacco just above Eli. Eli is like Flacco IMO. But he turns the ball over more.

EDIT: Though RG3 will be up there if he can prove to stay healthy. Some of the other young QBs too if they produce more on their resume of games. Kaep being one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why Manning and Brady have to go ahead of Flacco. Especially Peyton. His arm is pretty much shot. Both of them shred a bunch of bad teams in the regular season which they can easily do with their mental prowess. Neither one is capable of making many big plays. At a championship level I take Flacco over Manning and Brady without thinking twice.

For me it's Roethlisberger and Rodgers. Then Flacco and Kaepernick.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I don't get why Manning and Brady have to go ahead of Flacco. Especially Peyton. His arm is pretty much shot. Both of them shred a bunch of bad teams in the regular season which they can easily do with their mental prowess. Neither one is capable of making many big plays. At a championship level I take Flacco over Manning and Brady without thinking twice.

I think you're onto something here. I wouldn't forget about Brees though. I think Payton and Brees come back with a vengeance next season.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Because Peyton and Brady are better all around players. Flacco has a bigger arm than Joe Montana, that doesn't mean he is better. Brady and Peyton are more accurate and far more consistent. They are definitely and clearly better than Flacco.
Kaep isn't top 10 yet. He will be. But not yet.

I hate the Jaguars
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably around 7.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I have a hard time keeping him away from the #6 spot on my list. But he's DEFINITELY top-10.

I think you take Matt Ryan, and just calmly move Flacco two or so spots ahead of him, at least.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Salt&Pepper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Right now I have a hard time keeping him away from the #6 spot on my list. But he's DEFINITELY top-10.

I think you take Matt Ryan, and just calmly move Flacco two or so spots ahead of him, at least.
Ranked 30th.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-Rodgers
2-Brady
3-Brees
4-Luck
5-Flacco

That is how I would rank it, in terms of plugging them into our system and us winning. All of those guys can sling it, and are sick ball players. To be honest though, there is something to be said for wanting "Our Guy" to win it. I loved the idea of us drafting Flacco, a small school kid with arm talent. We are a Franchise that since it's inception, has forced itself onto the scene as an Alpha Male. Nothing exemplifies that culture more than in the form of a defense filled with demons and fiends, coupled with an offense whose Zeus like centerpiece is capable of raining down bolt after bolt into the heart of any foe. Flacco stood to be that centerpiece, but his progression was hampered through handcuffing and poor talent at wide out. Due to that setback, I had fully warmed up to the idea of letting him go. To say I had grown weary of his inconsistencies and shortcomings, would be an understatement of epic proportions. Then he was graced with a blindside protector whose primary female guardian was not the star of Miss Congeniality, and the restraints were removed. Finally paired with an arsenal to showcase his talent, he put us a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl. At that point I knew to never doubt him, and now more than ever I want us to win with our guy. So in that sense he is number one because there is no soul I would rather ride with over him.

I would rank the young guns (under 30) in the league as such:

1. Aaron Rodgers- There is nothing he can't do on the field, near perfect player if not.

2. Andrew Luck- In the mold of Rodgers, but should stand to surpass him in a terrifying period of time.

3. Joe Flacco- Deity like arm strength, proven winner, who when in rhythm. Allows his unkindness of ravens to feast on the flesh of his adversaries.

4. Russell Wilson- Young leader with great poise, whose game savvy will carry him past the other single callers he draws comparisons to.

5. Matthew Stafford- Big armed player who if given the
luxury of a consistent run game, could take his team deep.

6. Andy Dalton- Growing with his team, mistakes should begin to let up.

7. Jay Cutler- Will always be a little above average, still makes poor decisions. However, he has never had consistent weapons to utilize.

8. Matt Ryan- Has all universe skill players around him, and chokes every time he has to win big games.

9. Cam Newton- All of the physical tools, except accuracy. He is more gifted than system players like Colin K. and RG3, but will most likely never be able to put it together due to a lack of mental stability.( My opinion, he just seems a little off to me through his actions in interviews and mannerisms on and off the field.)

10. Colin Kaepernik- He is a system player meaning you have to scheme for him to be effective, but at least he isn't built out of glass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: