Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chuckies Draft 2013 some new names

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck44

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Chuckies Draft 2013 some new names Reply with quote

The intent of this draft is to showcase some new names that maybe some of us havent thought about,but I believe hits our needs...

FA aquisitions:

Minnesota accoeding to Tom Pelissero says we are 13 million under cap..with some contracts being restructured and cuts ...Minnesota should have 16-18 mil in cap room

OG Andy Levitre. 6 2 310...minnesota needs an upgrade at OG..Fusco improved toward the end of last year and with some weight room work in offseason should be fine..he has alot of upside...Charlie Johnson imo is garbage and needs to be gone...
Levitre looks forward to pushing AP to Rushing record and signs with vikings ..experts point to the saints signing of Ben Grubbs last year 5 year 36million 19.1 mil guaranteed as what he will command

Darryl Smith OLB 6 2 248 Solid LB in coverage and against the run...upgrade over Erin henderson...he is 30 years old..but very athletic has a good 3-4 years left..which is what you expect from a signing.. if you get three productive years you are happy...PFF graded him number 2 OLB in2011...groin injury slowed him this year..signs a 3yr deal worth aoumd 4-5 mil ayear

Draft

RD 1 CB 6 2 200 Jonathon Banks...lanky cb that would be perfect for our defense...line him up with Chris Cook and we are set a CB for a long time..Ball hawk and a willing tackler

RD 2 WR Da'Rick Rodgers 6 3 215 ....This guy lit up the SEC ..I know i know has character concerns...but SPielman checks him out and decides he is worth the risk....is a Michael Irvin Clone...big, strong, and makes the circus catch routinely ..but has mental lapses sometimes and will drop easy ones....not afraid of contact..high points the ball and goes after it ...should run 4.49-4.53 just like IRvin

RD3 DE Margus Hunt 6 8 280....guy is a beast from SMU... from Estonia...very raw but huge upside..blocked 17 kicks at smu...good motor...still learning...great guy to study under Jared Allen

RD4 DT Kwame Geathers 6 6 355....massive man who comes from a long family line of NFL players...oftrn played DE out of position at georgia because of talent on their team...Huge lower body and plays with leverage...finally a replacement for Phat Pat

RD4 ILB Nico Johnson...6 3 245....solid lb who can be on field for 3 downs...gets a chance to replace Brinkley

RD 5 WR Brandon Kaufman 6 5 215....small school guy who was a man among boys at the FCS level...also avg 116yds against div1 opponents...really goes after ball should run Mid 4.4 40....think Marques Colston

RD6 minnesota trades both 7 rd picks to move into RD 6

RD6 RB/kr/wr Onterio McCaleb 5 9 170.. Lighting Fast ..4.28 40 ...good hands ...can return kicks also...keeps percy off kick returns and creates nightmares for LB coming out of backfield on 3rd downs

Just wanted some new names in a Mock...hits all of our needs..some guys have risk /rewards...but the talent is there
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RD4 ILB Nico Johnson...6 3 245....solid lb who can be on field for 3 downs

I'm pretty sure that he didn't even play 3 downs in college, so that's very unlikely.
chuck44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
Quote:
RD4 ILB Nico Johnson...6 3 245....solid lb who can be on field for 3 downs

I'm pretty sure that he didn't even play 3 downs in college, so that's very unlikely.
\\

guess again... he avg 5 tckls a game while rotating lbs his last 2 years...2 ints and 4 forced fumbles....was preseason all america ,butkus award, and all sec...you make it sounds as if he never played...he is number 3 rated ilb by many accts
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like some of the aspects in this one:

OG Andy Levitre. 6 2 310... really hope we can get him.

RD 1 CB 6 2 200 Jonathon Banks... Good CB to start on the outside CB.

RD 2 WR Da'Rick Rodgers 6 3 215 .... Really Like this selection here.

RD3 DE Margus Hunt 6 8 280.... If he is here at this selection, I would be fine with it, but would likely prefer someone else who could potentially start given our holes.

RD4 DT Kwame Geathers 6 6 355 ---- Really like this selection, I think the NT with a later pick is the way to go

Last edited by CriminalMind on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:

guess again... he avg 5 tckls a game

Which is not all that good. Ogletree, for example, averaged 11 a game.

Quote:

while rotating lbs his last 2 years...

Rotating out on passing downs and the Nickle package - which we run a lot.

Quote:
he is number 3 rated ilb by many accts

Please link to these "accts"

CBSsports has him 4th behind Te'o, Ogletree, and Minter
Walterfootball has him 10th and has this to say about him:

Quote:
12/15/12: Johnson has played decently this year and has racked up 54 tackles and two forced fumbles. He is a good run-stuffing linebacker, but struggles in pass defense.

Sounds like Brinkley, who is terrible in our defense and shouldn't be resigned for next season.

ESPN has Ogletree, Minter, and Te'o over him (and probably more, I don't have insider)

I'm not a fan of waiting that long to get a MLB, the position is too important for our pass D to continue to ignore like the team has, but if we do wait until the fourth, Gerald Hodges would be a much better choice.

Also, I'm not a fan of using a 3rd on what would be a 4th DE on the depth chart, and I don't like the Geathers pick. There will be better options at NT in the 4th - like Brandon Williams.

Not really a fan of going CB in the 1st either, but Banks is a quality pick.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't see CB as a first round need and probably not even a 2nd round need but I can see how some people would. If we did, Banks would be a great picks. Banks has tremendous instincts and zone awareness, would be a good fit for the defense.

Da'rick is a good player, I think he will struggle being a vertical threat at the next level but he is a YAC monster. I don't like Hunt in the 4-3 at all, he is strictly a 5 tech at the next level. The rest is solid, especially the selection of McCaleb. He is an ideal fit for our #3 spot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:

Da'rick is a good player, I think he will struggle being a vertical threat at the next level

I think he can be alright. From what I've seen, he doesn't look any slower on the field than Sidney Rice, and we all know Rice developed into a solid deep threat.

He'll never be a burner that blows the top off a defense like Mike Wallace, but he should be able to make plays down field fairly consistently.
chuck44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Personally, I don't see CB as a first round need and probably not even a 2nd round need but I can see how some people would. If we did, Banks would be a great picks. Banks has tremendous instincts and zone awareness, would be a good fit for the defense.

Da'rick is a good player, I think he will struggle being a vertical threat at the next level but he is a YAC monster. I don't like Hunt in the 4-3 at all, he is strictly a 5 tech at the next level. The rest is solid, especially the selection of McCaleb. He is an ideal fit for our #3 spot.

I have not been a CB first couple rds either...but Banks fits our system to a tee...gives us alot of options with our db's....especially in our division with all the receivers...Banks,Cook,Winfield,Jefferson, Robinson..plus our safeties...that would be pretty strong

McCaleb can fly...would take pressure off of Percy on KR..plus as i mentioned 3 down out of backfield on LB would be huge mismatch

Rodgers torched top flight SEC competitors...I really believe he could be the Next Michael Irvin...Irvin wasnt a burner ..but sure made alot a deep catches
Swaps

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Chuckies Draft 2013 some new names Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
RD 1 CB 6 2 200 Jonathon Banks

*Johnthan
goofy spelling.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nzd07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah not sure how I feel on Banks either. I like him as a prospect, and if this were last year I'd totally be for it. But Robinson showed potential and we have huge holes at WR and MLB.

Not a fan of Rogers either, and Smith is best suited at SLB where Greenway already plays.

I like the rest of the draft a lot though, and Levitre would be an ideal signing.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Adopt a T-Wolf: Ricky Rubio APG: 9.6 SPG: 3.09 RPG: 4.8
Mattwaukee wrote:
If I'm taking players for next year I'm taking Cobb over anyone not named Johnson.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would move Greenway to WLB for Smith to play SLB. I think it would be an upgrade at both spots. I always have felt that Greenway isnt an ideal player to put on a TE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: