Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Sutton Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder, Bob Sutton does not come from Rex's system or coaching tree. He's a Parcells/Groh guy. His scheme is not overly aggressive and doesn't rely on the blitz.

I don't know if he's changed his philosophy under Ryan or not, but he's a very conservative play caller. There won't be a lot of blitzing.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Just a reminder, Bob Sutton does not come from Rex's system or coaching tree. He's a Parcells/Groh guy. His scheme is not overly aggressive and doesn't rely on the blitz.

I don't know if he's changed his philosophy under Ryan or not, but he's a very conservative play caller. There won't be a lot of blitzing.

He will be influenced by Reid though. Andy prefers (based on his history) aggressive defense. This especially works well when Andy's offense is playing well which it usually did till things began to slip in recent times.

I fully expect Andy to have this offense improved and allowing this defense to pin it's ears back a lot more than we've seen for 2 years!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

He will be influenced by Reid though. Andy prefers (based on his history) aggressive defense. This especially works well when Andy's offense is playing well which it usually did till things began to slip in recent times.

I fully expect Andy to have this offense improved and allowing this defense to pin it's ears back a lot more than we've seen for 2 years!

Not too mention we had one of the leagues most conservative defensive play callers for the last 3 years?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: