Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scheme fits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHawk24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Scheme fits Reply with quote

Does anybody think Jarvis Jones could play LILB between Houston and Johnson?

Anybody think Richardson could be the quick pass rushing 5 tech I'm our 3-4.

Lastly, moving forward, is Poe better utilized as a NT or DE?

Props to LOTO.Tailback for the best ever; Vincent Edward Jackson
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Scheme fits Reply with quote

JHawk24 wrote:
Does anybody think Jarvis Jones could play LILB between Houston and Johnson?

Yes.

JHawk24 wrote:
Anybody think Richardson could be the quick pass rushing 5 tech I'm our 3-4.

Depends on how much pressure you're expecting. 4-5 sacks a year? I could see that. I wouldn't expect more, though.

JHawk24 wrote:
Lastly, moving forward, is Poe better utilized as a NT or DE?

With our current personnel, NT. He's an immovable force who can also push the pocket, even as a 2 gapping NT. That's extremely rare. Adequate 5 techniques are much easier to find and acquire.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
jimmydee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he continues to improve in year two as he did in year one, and can be a force as a 2-gap guy, then the 'bust' some were trying to call him is completely dispelled. A stud at NT that can 2 gap and move the pocket doesn't come along except in most peoples dreams.

Credit where it is due....good draft pick for now, and years to come.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
If he continues to improve in year two as he did in year one, and can be a force as a 2-gap guy, then the 'bust' some were trying to call him is completely dispelled. A stud at NT that can 2 gap and move the pocket doesn't come along except in most peoples dreams.

Credit where it is due....good draft pick for now, and years to come.

IMO I think IF Poe can reach his ceiling he could not only 2-gap, but also be used to attack more with 1-gap responsibilities as well. I wouldn't mind pairing him with another bigger interior defensive lineman where they could switch back and forth to change things up. Similar to how I think Phil Taylor and Ahtyba Rubin could be used in a 3-4 scheme for Cleveland and how B.J. Raji and Ryan Pickett have been used by Capers in Green Bay.

One player that IMO could fit this role would be Terrance Knighton from Jacksonville. He has excellent size and quickness. I see him as being a projectable 3-4 5-technique defensive end.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: