Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tag & Trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:

Again look at the date when they were trying to trade for Jenkins. The Davis trade had nothing to do with it as the need for Davis wouldn't have been there if they got Jenkins. Keep up the entertainment.

Okay. Well, I assume you are aware that Jenkins was injured going into the off-season. I also assume you are aware that most trades are contingent upon a physical of the other team in order for them to go through. Given that Jenkins ended up needing surgery, I logically assumed that he could not pass a physical meaning the earliest that he (Jenkins) could have been traded would have been after his recovery (and once he was off the PUP list) which means the Colts had already traded for someone. If you assumed that he could pass a physical and are using that as your baseline or you believe that a physical would not be needed for this trade then I suppose I could understand what would lead you to the conclusion that you have drawn. We look at this situation, clearly, very differently. But I am glad you are entertained.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Stein07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit after all my years of playing madden...and never did this... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Again look at the date when they were trying to trade for Jenkins. The Davis trade had nothing to do with it as the need for Davis wouldn't have been there if they got Jenkins. Keep up the entertainment.

Okay. Well, I assume you are aware that Jenkins was injured going into the off-season. I also assume you are aware that most trades are contingent upon a physical of the other team in order for them to go through. Given that Jenkins ended up needing surgery, I logically assumed that he could not pass a physical meaning the earliest that he (Jenkins) could have been traded would have been after his recovery (and once he was off the PUP list) which means the Colts had already traded for someone. If you assumed that he could pass a physical and are using that as your baseline or you believe that a physical would not be needed for this trade then I suppose I could understand what would lead you to the conclusion that you have drawn. We look at this situation, clearly, very differently. But I am glad you are entertained.

Colts knew he was injured. All teams know who is injured and who isn't. What they don't know is to what extent because each team has their own doctors. It wasn't some secret he was injured. An injury doesn't automatically void a trade. It's at the teams discretion. I assume you know that. Your initial point of the situation being pure fabrication was false. FACT is Dallas had a chance to trade him but didn't. And yes I am entertained. Keep on keepin on. Very Happy
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcomed to your opinion.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
You are welcomed to your opinion.

Ditto.
sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get off the Jenkins thang...and back on the Spence thang...I love the idea of tagging Spencer and holding him hostage...and then getting stuck with the cap hit after not signing him to a long term deal and getting hit with lost draft picks because Dallas is over the cap... Cut him loose and move on...he not THAT good...as in DWARE good...use the money for a couple of players...like 3 or 4 other players...cant keep pushing dead money into future cap years...shoot...in 2016 Dallas will have to forfit all games because they cant field enough players...great year in a contract year...move on

Peace
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with clearing house in 2016. Have a fire sale. Stock up on picks and get a franchise QB in the 1st round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: