Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

bpastermack Mock Draft 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: bpastermack Mock Draft 1.0 Reply with quote

It's been awhile guys. I've been pretty busy. But after some thought about things that I'm sure will change down the road I'm taking a stab at just a mock draft...

12. Traded to St Louis along with picks 42, 110, and a 7th rounder for picks 16 and 22.

16. Kennan Allen WR, Cal - I think this is by far the best WR in the draft this year. He has everything I like in my WR, especially for the West Coast offense. He is aggressive, smart, hard working, and a fierce competitor. He has the hands and athletic ability to go with it as well as the size. I'd love to see him in a Miami uniform. I really want weapons for Tannehill this offseason. We have got to see if what we have is the real deal, and we can't do that if he doesn't have what he needs to be successful.

22. Tyler Eifert TE, ND - Another weapon for Tannehill here. This pickup would complete the revamping of the skill position players on offense. When you add these guys to what we already have in Hartline, Bush, Bess, Clay, and Fasano, I think we would be set. I see either resigning Long or taking care of the extra tackle spot through free agency.

54. Desmond Trufant CB, Washington - If Xavier Rhodes falls to here somehow he would be my pick, but we need a guy to bring in this year to help with the defensive backfield and he could be a good one. I think as Vernon gets better, we could get more pressure if our cover guys could hold a little better.

79. Brandon Jenkins DE, FSU - His injury this year makes him drop, but he is a special talent when healthy. He may rise back into the second round with a good combine and offseason.

84. Johnathon Brown OLB, Illinois - This guy has the tools to be a fantastic Linebacker at pretty much any of the positions. His best attribute though is his cover ability. This helps us with things like screen passes and covering TE's.

I'll need to study players on the lower part of the draft before I can make any thoughts about them, but I would be very happy with this draft, especially if we can solve the O-line problems in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without free agency i love this draft. While this gives us weapons, i still want to know where we address the G position and pass rush

UniversalAuthor
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to know who St Louis would want bad enough to trade 2 1st rounders for. None the less though I think this is a great draft. Allen could be a great pickup.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Curious to know who St Louis would want bad enough to trade 2 1st rounders for. None the less though I think this is a great draft. Allen could be a great pickup.

At this point nobody. It's much more likely we trade down than up. This is something we've done in the Rams forums for the last few years also. Everybody looks and sees a team with multiple firsts and figures they want to package and trade up and it rarely happens if ever.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:

At this point nobody. It's much more likely we trade down than up. This is something we've done in the Rams forums for the last few years also. Everybody looks and sees a team with multiple firsts and figures they want to package and trade up and it rarely happens if ever.

This deal isn't what it looks like on the surface. St Louis is trading up a few spots in the first, but they are also gaining a lot of later picks, because we are essentially trading back up out of the second round and into the first. St Louis actually ends up with more overall picks. I'll admit, I'm not sure what your needs are overall? So it's hard to say who you would want bad enough to jump up to 12?I know Miami needs a WR and I'm not sure any would be a great pick at 12. Allen wouldn't be horrible value there. I wouldn't be upset if we just took him at 12 personally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: