Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 AFCCG, where the Pats end Ray Lewis' career...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome game. Lots of respect from me to the Pats and their fans!

We needed this victory, obviously you're the class of the AFC but tonight we proved that were right there with you!

Cheers
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
I will say, I'm glad the refs weren't a factor in this game. I'm more disappointed than anything now, where I was full out angry after the last Ravens game.

Uh, the Ridley fumble? Missing the helmet to helmet? That was pretty big I think.

Helmet to helmet only comes into play when it's against a DEFENSELESS RECEIVER not whenever there's helmet to helmet contact.

Jeez how many flags do you all need?

Rolling Eyes

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Good game folks.

Bet a bottle of bourbon on the game with my buddy who is a Pats fan so there's a certain level of added bonus in this one. But if you can't already tell, it's a measure of your standing already that this one means as much as it does for us. You broke our collective hearts last year, on top of just getting to go to the Super Bowl to finally slay Belichick and Brady at this stage is a huge honor.

Still hate your team but I've got a lot of respect for 'em. Said before this game that if Brady won the Super Bowl this year he was going to clinch the status of undisputed GOAT; even if he didn't step it up today, he's probably still on his way. Ya'll will be back next year with Gronknandez and maybe we'll do Part III at our house this time, because these two teams just can't help running into each other.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
samgurl775

dhunt2402 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
I will say, I'm glad the refs weren't a factor in this game. I'm more disappointed than anything now, where I was full out angry after the last Ravens game.
Uh, the Ridley fumble? Missing the helmet to helmet? That was pretty big I think.
Ridley did fumble. And which helmet to helmet? The refs were a complete non factor in this game.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.

Last edited by samgurl775 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Richter wrote:

That can all be true, and do you still think the casual fan wants to see Baltimore? I mean, do you enjoy watching the style they play? I find it hard to believe anyone but their fans could enjoy such aesthetically displeasing football. The only thing worse than this would have been if Atlanta had stolen that game at the end. Then we would have had two garbage teams competing for a trophy neither deserves. I'm pulling real, real hard for San Francisco, they'll be a deserving champion.

Why wouldn't people want to see the Ravens? An excellent game vs the Broncos and beat the Patriots with relative easy in the second half, they have been great to watch in the play-offs.

The style of football they play is putrid. Aside from the truly miserable teams in the league, there's no team I'd rather watch less than the Ravens, and that's taking my personal distaste for them out of it.

haha, fair enough. I like watching them when on this form.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Ridley did fumble. And which helmet to helmet? The refs were a complete non factor in this game.

I know he fumbled, but it was after Pollard smacked him helmet to helmet. Should have been unnecessary roughness and a first down.

Deadpulse on the sig
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
Richter wrote:
mddeckie wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
Also, the Ravens going to the Super Bowl is making the NFL jump the shark so hard, it'll be saying "ayyy!" for months.

Why? They've played very well this post-season.

Because the league is so watered down now, every year some garbage team gets hot around playoff time and gets to the Superbowl, killing the actual interesting matchups. Take the Pats out of the equation, does anyone really want to see the Harbaugh bowl? The rules changes, the epidemic of free agency and the small sample size of the post-season all add up to a big bunch of blah. I long for the days of powerhouse teams crushing upstarts in the postseason.

^^ is this guy serious?? Mad the underdog won? It's football Bro most people cheer for underdogs

Most people are stupid, what's your point? I'd rather watch actual greatness, not watered down garbage like your team. Have fun watching them lose in the Super Bowl, I can tell you from personal experience that it isn't so bad.

You mad!

Anyways, to the rest of you guys... good game. I know how frustrated you are and I couldn't believe it wasn't closer to a blowout for the Pats @ halftime. A tale of two halves. You guys will be favourites heading into next season, depending on your draft.

One last thing, I feel your pain about Pollard. I have no idea what it is about him. He has it in for the Patriots.

Try disgusted. Of course, I wouldn't expect someone who relies on memes to communicate to understand it.

Richter,

It seems as if this loss has you really wound up. I don't blame you, but it is probably in your best interest to log off and refrain from posting for a while.

Thanks. Sorry about the loss, I know the feeling. But cooler heads have to prevail.

- ET

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
I know he fumbled, but it was after Pollard smacked him helmet to helmet. Should have been unnecessary roughness and a first down.
I don't see anything wrong with how they called that. For better or for worse, running backs don't get any protection from helmet to helmet hits unless they're attempting to catch the ball.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
Awesome game. Lots of respect from me to the Pats and their fans!

We needed this victory, obviously you're the class of the AFC but tonight we proved that were right there with you!

Cheers

Ravens just straight up outplayed the Pats tonight. Deserved the win.

I'm honestly torn. I hate Ray Lewis's antics with a passion, but Flacco has actually won me over, I actually like him as a player, he steps up in the moment. Not sure who to root for on Feb 3....

Who am I kidding, go 49ers!!! Laughing

But seriously, good game and best of luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Sciz wrote:

There's no such thing as a helmet-to-helmet penalty on a runner so I'm not sure what your point is.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extending Talib should be the #1 priority. We need draft a least another big physical CB and a SS. Chung can go to hell along with Arrington, they have been a complete liability all season long. Unfortunately we also need another WR since Welker is unreliable, Branch is old and Lloyd is streaky. A UT and DE would be nice too but I know damn well we can only get 1 may be 2 good players for all those holes.

*Actual time may vary.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
Extending Talib should be the #1 priority. We need draft a least another big physical CB and a SS. Chung can go to hell along with Arrington, they have been a complete liability all season long. Unfortunately we also need another WR since Welker is unreliable, Branch is old and Lloyd is streaky. A UT and DE would be nice too but I know damn well we can only get 1 may be 2 good players for all those holes.

Were my eyes fooling me or did your post originally say:

Extending Taliban should the #1 priority. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Autocorrect. Happens to people who tweet from iPhones a lot Laughing
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:

Arrington isn't a liability as a slot CB and I think you'll realize that next year if they let him walk. Most slot CB's in the NFL are shaky and get exposed playing outside. In his niche, he's a perfectly acceptable #3 CB.

Problem really is that they have nobody who can play outside if Talib/Dennard get shaken up. Doubt Dowling is that guy and I'm sick of them using high draft picks to find that guy. So I'm not sure how they address it.

Upgrading from Cole to a guy who can play outside could help. As could bolstering the safety position enough where you could kick McCourty back to CB if Dennard/Talib go down.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:

Were my eyes fooling me or did your post originally say:

It did, iPhone auto correct fail. Laughing

*Actual time may vary.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 58 of 65

Jump to: