Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Building it mock...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Building it mock... Reply with quote

Now that the coaching staff is mostly in place....

Signed Players on Roster going into 2013
QB: Weeden, McCoy, Lewis
RB: Richardson, Hardesty
FB: Marecic, Smelley
TE: Cameron, Gronkowski
WR: Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Cooper
OL: Thomas, Miller, Greco, Pinkston, Mack, Lauvao, Shaw, Schwartz, Cousins
DL: Rucker, Sanford, Rubin, Hughes, Kitchen, Taylor, Winn
LB: Sheard, Gocong, Adams, Jackson, Fort, Acho, Moten, Johnson, Robertson, Carder
CB: Haden, Skrine, Wade, Bademosi, Miller, Richardson
S: Young, Ward, Gipson, Hagg

2013 Browns Free Agents
UFAs
CB, Sheldon Brown
WR Josh Cribbs
K Phil Dawson
LB, Scott Fujita
P Reggie Hodges
RB, Brandon Jackson
QB Josh Johnson
LB Kaluka Maiava
WR Mohamed Massaquoi
DE Juqua Parker
TE Alex Smith
S Raymond Ventrone
TE Ben Watson
FB Eddie Williams
OG Bryant Browning
TE Geaorge Bryan
LB Ricky Elmore
C Garth Gerhart
DB Jordan Mabin
WR Rod Windsor
OT D.J. Young
ERFAs
DE, Auston English
DE, Emmanuel Stephens
LS, Christian Yount
RFAs
WR Jordan Norwood
RB, Chris Ogbonnaya

now.....

Resign
K Phil Dawson – Despite the age he is showing no diminishing skills. The highest percentage kicker in the league and was 13-13 from 40yrds + this year. I think Chud plays a solid part in getting Dawson locked up for the rest of his career. 3 year 12 million contract (4mil)

LS, Christian Yount – 3 year 1.5 million contract (550k)

--- some of the above may very well be signed for low to minimum amounts but then cut through preseason, I didnt feel the need to add those guys in or get into camp rosters...

Extend

C, Alex Mack. Additional 4 year contract extension (5 total) for a total of 36 million (this years salary rolled in). Original 2013 cap was 4.33 mil, and new is (8 mill) Not the highest Center in the league, but in the top tier.

SS, TJ Ward Restructures his contract for 3 years 15 million. Original 2013 cap was 1.34 mil, and new is (5 mil).

New Players
OG Andy Levitre. The bills have already said they will use the tag on Byrd if they must, but not Levitre. Levitre will be the top OG in FA this season and if he tests the waters the Browns need to blow him away with an offer… This will not only solidify the OL, but also make it one of the best in the NFL for the rest of the decade. 6 year 55 million contract (just under 9.2 mil).

TE Jared Cook. Cook wasn’t the only one who struggle din Tennessee this year, and his future with the Titans is doubtful. He is one of the top TEs in FA this year and with his blocking and receiving skills he will be a great fit in Chud’s offense. 4 year 20 million contract (5 mil) does not make him the highest paid TE in the NFL but it moves him up just outside the top tier.

WR Julian Edelman. Welker or Edelman, what will the Pats do? Slot receiver that will work the short yardage, and from Kent State – which I didn’t know! 3 year 6 million (2 mill)

QB Derek Anderson – If nothing else he will give Browns fans something to argue about. Lol . He will be a back up that brings veteran presence, relationship with Chud, and knows Chud’s offense. He will push Weeden, which McCoy never did, and help the team learn the system. If Weeden fails or is injured than Anderson has proven he can be effective in the nfl, even if for only a short period of time. 3 year 3.6 million dollar contract (1.2mil)

--- Im sure with some creative managing of contracts the cap hits can be lessened up front, but figured I would skip that detail. Also I may have over estimated on a few here, but figured over was been that under...

Draft
#1 KC: OT, Joeckel
#2 JAC: DE, Damontre Moore
#3 OAK: DT, Lotulelei
#4 PHI: CB, Milliner
#5 DET: DE, Dion Jordan

…… After missing the top couple players on the Browns board, the Browns trade the #6 to the Bengals in return for the #21 and #37 that they received from the Raiders, plus their 2014 1st round pick (very close to the Atlanta deal). The Bengals get the top player on their board, Jarvis Jones, and the Browns are in position to address their secondary – the biggest need on the team, and build more next draft. Many don’t like trading within the division but they offer the best package of picks…

--- (all the following draft positions based off cbssports.com) ---
1st CB, Xavier Rhodes. #2 CB that the team sorely needs, excellent skill and speed, good man to man, can tackle, and has the size to match up with the bigger NFL receivers (see Seattle’s CBs for an example)
2nd FS Phillip Thomas. True ball hawk free safety that the teams desperately needs, especially if Ward is going to step up into the box more...
3rd OLB, Brandon Jenkins. Jenkins is interesting to me. He has shown plenty of ability, but now with the foot injury and coming out early…. I think he could anywhere from the 1st to ???, but I’m going to jump on him here. Call it my one “flyer” if you will.
4th TE, Dion Sims. He has the size of an OL, he is an excellent blocker but has the hands and the running ability of a more typical TE.
5th RB, Robbie Rouse. Adds another dimension to the backfield. Brings speed to the backfield, really good hands, and may return kicks.
6th QB, Sean Renfree. NFL level frame, arm, and coaching, but not great production at Duke. Injured his last game of his senior year so offseason workouts will be limited.
7th FB, Taimi Tutogi. Road grading fullback
UDFA: P, Tress Way. What, you need more of a description? He is a punter…
UDFA: WR, MarQueis Grey. Great athlete but a definite project.

Cut
LB Emmanual Acho (405k)
OT Oneil Cousins (725k)
QB Thaddeus Lewis (555k)
FB Owen Marecic (555k)
QB Colt McCoy (575k)
CB Prince Miller (480k)
LB Adrain Moten (555k)
OG Jason Pinkston (550k)
DE Brian Sanford (630k)
FB Brad Smelley (480k)
FS Usama Young (2.15mil)

This leaves the Browns about 5-6 mil under the cap

Roster
QB: Weeden, Anderson, Renfree
RB: Richardson, Hardesty, Rouse
FB: Tutogi
TE: Cook, Sims, Cameron, Gronkowski
WR: Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Edelman, Cooper, Grey
LT: Thomas
LG: Levitre, Greco
C: Mack
RG: Lauvao, Shaw
RT: Schwartz, Miller

DE: Taylor, Winn
NT: Rubin, Kitchen
DE: Hughes, Rucker
OLB: Gocong, Jenkins
ILB: Jackson, Fort
ILB: Johnson, Carder
OLB: Sheard, Robertson, Adams
CB: Haden, Rhodes, Bademosi, Skrine, Wade, Richardson
FS: Thomas, Gipson
SS: Ward, Hagg

K: Dawson
P: Way
LS: Yount

FA is going to make a HUGE difference to the draft strategy and this year will be interesting to see what they do. #6 is also interesting because there are at least 3-4 people I would be more than happy to take. Secondary is the biggest need in my opinion and unless we bring in a few guys in FA I like a trade down to turn the #6 into both a CB and FS... anyways...

let me know your thoughts, I love hearing people's good ideas... and telling other people their bad ideas suck. lol.

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 7 times in total
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

I like it but DA? COME ON MAN! Also the trade would never happen. Why would Cinci want to help us out like that?

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Building it mock... Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Now that the coaching staff is mostly in place....

Signed Players on Roster going into 2013
QB: Weeden, McCoy, Lewis
RB: Richardson, Hardesty
FB: Marecic, Smelley
TE: Cameron, Gronkowski
WR: Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Cooper
OL: Thomas, Miller, Greco, Pinkston, Mack, Lauvao, Shaw, Schwartz, Cousins
DL: Rucker, Sanford, Rubin, Hughes, Kitchen, Taylor, Winn
LB: Sheard, Gocong, Adams, Jackson, Fort, Acho, Moten, Johnson, Robertson, Carder
CB: Haden, Skrine, Wade, Bademosi, Miller, Richardson
S: Young, Ward, Gipson, Hagg

2013 Browns Free Agents
UFAs
CB, Sheldon Brown
WR Josh Cribbs
K Phil Dawson
LB, Scott Fujita
P Reggie Hodges
RB, Brandon Jackson
QB Josh Johnson
LB Kaluka Maiava
WR Mohamed Massaquoi
DE Juqua Parker
TE Alex Smith
S Raymond Ventrone
TE Ben Watson
FB Eddie Williams
OG Bryant Browning
TE Geaorge Bryan
LB Ricky Elmore
C Garth Gerhart
DB Jordan Mabin
WR Rod Windsor
OT D.J. Young
ERFAs
DE, Auston English
DE, Emmanuel Stephens
LS, Christian Yount
RFAs
WR Jordan Norwood
RB, Chris Ogbonnaya

now.....

Resign
K Phil Dawson – Despite the age he is showing no diminishing skills. The highest percentage kicker in the league and was 13-13 from 40yrds + this year. I think Chud plays a solid part in getting Dawson locked up for the rest of his career. 3 year 12 million contract (4mil)

LS, Christian Yount – 3 year 1.5 million contract (550k)

Extend

C, Alex Mack. Additional 4 year contract extension (5 total) for a total of 36 million (this years salary rolled in). Original 2013 cap was 4.33 mil, and new is (8 mill) Not the highest Center in the league, but in the top tier.

SS, TJ Ward Restructures his contract for 3 years 15 million. Original 2013 cap was 1.34 mil, and new is (5 mil).

New Players
OG Andy Levitre. The bills have already said they will use the tag on Byrd if they must, but not Levitre. Levitre will be the top OG in FA this season and if he tests the waters the Browns need to blow him away with an offer… This will not only solidify the OL, but also make it one of the best in the NFL for the rest of the decade. 5 year 50 million contract (10 mil)

TE Jared Cook. Cook wasn’t the only one who struggle din Tennessee this year, and his future with the Titans is doubtful. He is one of the top TEs in FA this year and with his blocking and receiving skills he will be a great fit in Chud’s offense. 4 year 20 million contract (5 mil) does not make him the highest paid TE in the NFL but it moves him up just outside the top tier.

WR Julian Edelman. Welker or Edelman, what will the Pats do? Slot receiver that will work the short yardage, and from Kent State – which I didn’t know! 3 year 5 million (2 mill)

QB Derek Anderson – If nothing else he will give Browns fans something to argue about. Lol . He will be a back up that brings veteran presence, relationship with Chud, and knows Chud’s offense. He will push Weeden, which McCoy never did, and help the team learn the system. If Weeden fails or is injured than Anderson has proven he can be effective in the nfl, even if for only a short period of time. 3 year 3.6 million dollar contract (1.2mil)

Draft
#1 KC: OT, Joeckel
#2 JAC: DE, Damontre Moore
#3 OAK: DT, Lotulelei
#4 PHI: CB, Milliner
#5 DET: DE, Dion Jordan

…… After missing the top couple players on the Browns board, the Browns trade the #6 to the Bengals in return for the #21 and #37 that they received from the Raiders, plus their 2014 1st round pick (very close to the Atlanta deal). The Bengals get the top player on their board, Jarvis Jones, and the Browns are in position to address their secondary – the biggest need on the team, and build more next draft. Many don’t like trading within the division but they offer the best package of picks…

---(all the following draft positions based off cbssports.com) ---
1st CB, Xavier Rhodes. #2 CB that the team sorely needs, and has the size to match up with the bigger NFL receivers (see Seattle’s CBs for an example)
2nd FS Phillip Thomas. Ball hawk free safety that the teams sorely needs.
3rd OLB, Brandon Jenkins. Jenkins is interesting to me. He has shown tons of skill, but now with the foot injury and coming out early…. I think he could anywhere from the 1st to ???, but I’m going to jump on him here. Call it my one “flyer” if you will.
4th TE, Dion Sims. He has the size of an OL, that is an excellent blocker but with the hands and the running ability of a more typical TE.
5th RB, Robbie Rouse. Brings speed to the backfield, really good hands, and may return kicks.
6th QB, Sean Renfree. NFL level frame, arm, and coaching, but not great production at Duke. Injured his last game of his senior year so offseason workouts will be limited.
7th FB, Taimi Tutogi. Road grading fullback
UDFA: P, Tress Way. What, you need more of a description? He is a punter…
UDFA: WR, MarQueis Grey. Great athlete but a definite project.

Cut
LB Emmanual Acho (405k)
OT Oneil Cousins (725k)
QB Thaddeus Lewis (555k)
FB Owen Marecic (555k)
QB Colt McCoy (575k)
CB Prince Miller (480k)
LB Adrain Moten (555k)
OG Jason Pinkston (550k)
DE Brian Sanford (630k)
FB Brad Smelley (480k)
FS Usama Young (2.15mil)

This leaves the Browns about 5-6 mil under the cap

Roster
QB: Weeden, Anderson, Renfree
RB: Richardson, Hardesty, Rouse
FB: Tutogi
TE: Cook, Sims, Cameron, Gronkowski
WR: Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Edelman, Cooper, Grey
LT: Thomas
LG: Levitre, Shaw
C: Mack
RG: Lauvao, Greco
RT: Schwartz, Miller

DE: Taylor, Winn
NT: Rubin, Kitchen
DE: Hughes, Rucker
OLB: Gocong, Jenkins
ILB: Jackson, Fort
ILB: Johnson, Carder
OLB: Sheard, Robertson, Adams
CB: Haden, Rhodes, Bademosi, Skrine, Wade, Richardson
FS: Thomas, Gipson
SS: Ward, Hagg

K: Dawson
P: Way
LS: Yount

FA is going to make a HUGE difference to the draft strategy and this year will be interesting to see what they do. #6 is also interesting because there are at least 3-4 people I would be more than happy to take. Secondary is the biggest need in my opinion and unless we bring in a few guys in FA I like a trade down to turn the #6 into both a CB and FS... anyways..s

let me know your thoughts, I love hearing people's good ideas... and telling other people their bad ideas suck. lol.

You really thought this out pretty well. Seems like a good off-season for you guys it would fill some needs and get some good value in the draft as well. Idk why all you Browns fans want DA back lol. And #5 seems early for Dion Jordan but with a great combine you never knows these days. Other than that I think its pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
I like it but DA? COME ON MAN! Also the trade would never happen. Why would Cinci want to help us out like that?

That is all

Mastercheddaar

DA considering the old baggage and not the positives make ZERO sense.... DA considering the positives and not the old baggage makes LOTS of sense... in the middle is lots of LULZ. besides, i need something for people to comment on. Laughing

Cinci would want to help the Browns for the same reason Atlanta wanted to... they want their guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Building it mock... Reply with quote

Josh C Smith wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

You really thought this out pretty well. Seems like a good off-season for you guys it would fill some needs and get some good value in the draft as well. Idk why all you Browns fans want DA back lol. And #5 seems early for Dion Jordan but with a great combine you never knows these days. Other than that I think its pretty good.

Thanks for the positive remarks.

No one really wants DA back. Its just fun to argue about. lol

The combine will truly make or break Jordan's draft status...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it too, but I do agree that the Bengals don't make this trade, or any draft day trade from here till the end of Mike Brown's time. They just don't do it. They always let the draft come to them for better or worse. But that is all semantics, pick a different team to make the trade and suddenly it's realistic.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why cut pinkston? No need

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
I like it too, but I do agree that the Bengals don't make this trade, or any draft day trade from here till the end of Mike Brown's time. They just don't do it. They always let the draft come to them for better or worse. But that is all semantics, pick a different team to make the trade and suddenly it's realistic.

I agree. Smile The bengals are just a convenient team to write in this spot because they have that extra second round pick from dealing Palmer to the Raiders.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:

Came down to making the 53 roster... both are depth players. I ended up picking Shaw over Pinkston due to the health concern and Shaw being a more physcial run blocker. its 50/50 either way...

Greco would be the first man up anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Came down to making the 53 roster... both are depth players. I ended up picking Shaw over Pinkston due to the health concern and Shaw being a more physcial run blocker. its 50/50 either way...

He had a blood clot they don't make some injury prone and he will be fine next year. Being a LG you don't need to be a road grader he has to be good at both and pink was until his Lily health scare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:

He had a blood clot they don't make some injury prone and he will be fine next year. Being a LG you don't need to be a road grader he has to be good at both and pink was until his Lily health scare

Yes, the health concern is very minor.

Greco is the primary backup for both Guard positions, sorry if that wasnt clear on the depth chart. Pinkston/Shaw would be the 3rd man up. When it came down to narrow the roster for the final 53 I had to choose between them, and I took the better run blocker... although neither choice would be bad imo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good mock over all with a couple exceptions. We won't trade with Bengals and I surely don't want to pay a guard 9.2 million a year.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Good mock over all with a couple exceptions. We won't trade with Bengals and I surely don't want to pay a guard 9.2 million a year.

THANKS!

as Productiondawg said above, the name of the team for the trade doesnt matter that much.. its more the idea, and less the name.

i dont want to pay a guard that much either, but that is how much the top OGs are making these days... same with Centers... inflation sucks. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: