Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Asa Jackson Suspended for PEDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Asa Jackson Suspended for PEDs Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/ravens-asa-jackson-suspended-four-games-for-peds/

Quote:
Ravens rookie cornerback Asa Jackson is the latest NFL player to get a four-game suspension for violating the league policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

The team confirmed Jackson’s suspension on Tuesday afternoon and issued a statement that didn’t say much of anything.

“We are aware of this matter, but due to the confidentiality of the program we are unable to provide additional comment on the situation,” the statement said.

Oh great, the secondary is even more depleted.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's barely played on defense (if at all), so at least it isn't someone we've been using.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are we not allowing the information to come out, or is that the NFL's call?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

drd23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
So are we not allowing the information to come out, or is that the NFL's call?

The NFL never releases what the banned substance is and I'm sure the Ravens couldn't either. It's probably a HIPAA thing (from what I understand of what HIPAA is)

Its why if you go into the Richard Sherman/Brandon Browner thread in the News forum there are people joking about it being Adderall, because it seems that that is all anyone ever tests positive to these days (because this is what is leaked, usually by the player's agent, because it is seen as more "acceptable" than anabolic steroids)

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look, Adderall, what a surprise!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has he been for you guys this year? Do you think he will be on the team next season?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He really didn't play much and was inactive for a lot of games but I expect him to be on the team next season. With Williams probably gone they're going to need some CB depth and I think Jackson can fight for the 4th spot with Brown. His return abilities are somewhat diminished because the Ravens have Jones and Thompson (I think Jackson is better than the latter though) but he's still a guy with a lot of potential.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
He really didn't play much and was inactive for a lot of games but I expect him to be on the team next season. With Williams probably gone they're going to need some CB depth and I think Jackson can fight for the 4th spot with Brown. His return abilities are somewhat diminished because the Ravens have Jones and Thompson (I think Jackson is better than the latter though) but he's still a guy with a lot of potential.

nice, thanks
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

What are you basing this on?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what he showed in college and the limited returns during the preseason. That's about all you can base it off of. Jackson was a great returner in college. It's not like Thompson really showed anything special in that area anyways. He has speed but I don't think he has great return vision (yet).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: