Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3-4 player transition thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should put in a good effort to pull a trade down with Arizona and include Sam Acho in the trade.

Browns 1st and 3rd

Cardinals 1st and Sam Acho

That trade would value Acho at a mid-2nd round pick.

Swings the door wide open on who we draft at 7 if we can also get a vet CB in Free Agency. I think Ray Horton is going to make convincing veteran defenders to sign in Cleveland a little easier.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the idea of Keke Mingo as an OLB.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns could have a great defensive line in the 3-4.

Rubin has proven to be a good 3-4 NT in the past...

Taylor has the size. Some think he's a NT but I think he'd be better at DE. He's taller than your prototypical 3-4 NT and he likes collapsing the pocket, which is a skill better suited for DE.

Hughes could probably play either NT or DE. Winn would be a very good pass rushing DE.

Rucker has always played in the 4-3 but I think he could make it in the 3-4. He might be a little light for a DE but he's probably big enough. He's always been more of a run-stuffing DE than a pass rusher and that's what's needed in the 3-4.

The Browns needed at least one pass rusher and one linebacker in the 4-3 anyway, and they'll still need that in the 3-4. Gocong is decent in the 3-4, but I'd like to see what JMJ could do. Same with Fort and Robertson.

The only downside to switching to the 3-4 is that Jackson is great in the 4-3. He was above average at best in the 3-4, but that was back when the Browns had a lousy defensive line playing in front of him. Now that the Browns could have a great defensive line to occupy blockers, that could give Jackson more room to roam around and thus play well.

Smack on the sig.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.

3-4 is confirmed.

Let's figure this mess out; again.

My worry is that we will go 3-4 heavy in the draft and Horton will be gone in a year and the dude we bring in to replace him will be a 4-3 guy. Laughing

Oh the circling wagons of that the Cleveland Browns.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

My worry is that we will go 3-4 heavy in the draft and Horton will be gone in a year and the dude we bring in to replace him will be a 4-3 guy. Laughing

I wouldn't. If the 3-4 switch is coming from on high, it wont change.

So,if all our DL can make the transition, and if DQ can play well as a 3-4 ILB, and if we can find a legit elite pass rushing LB and if we can replace our depleted secondary.

We will be a good defense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

So,if all our DL can make the transition, and if DQ can play well as a 3-4 ILB, and if we can find a legit elite pass rushing LB and if we can replace our depleted secondary.

Think DQ can make that change again?

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

At this point I'm so pessimistic about everything that I'm not really willing to say without bias that he can or cannot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

At this point I'm so pessimistic about everything that I'm not really willing to say without bias that he can or cannot.

So true.

Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

I believe Star Lotulelei is our pick now. People are saying he is the next Ngata and last time I checked Ngata is the best NT in the league right now. Lotulelei, Rubin, and Taylor would make for a very great 3-4 DL. Sign the best pass rusher in FA. Maybe do some trades for more picks. Who knows.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

I do.

I think a lot of his problems when we ran the 3-4 were based around poor health, poor scheme/coaching, and poor DL in front of him.

Hopefully none of those will be an issue this time around.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
I believe Star Lotulelei is our pick now. People are saying he is the next Ngata and last time I checked Ngata is the best NT in the league right now. Lotulelei, Rubin, and Taylor would make for a very great 3-4 DL. Sign the best pass rusher in FA. Maybe do some trades for more picks. Who knows.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Rubin is our NT unless he is replaced in which case he is replaced

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I'm trying to remember... when Rodgers was our NT, did Rubin ever line up at End? Was he successful?

poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to draft Star. Sign Shaun Phillips, Anthony Spencer and a solid #2 corner as free agents. Pick up a solid safety like Rambo or Thomas out of Fresno St in the 3rd. Defense looks fit for the 34 all of a sudden with the best 3 man front in the league and a solid set of linebackers. In 2014, go after the franchise QB and a legit young pass rusher.

Though I would also like to get a WR in this class, just don't know where we'd get that pick from. Think it's a great class for receivers and safeties.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar
ngata plays 34DE in the base sets and DT in subsets

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
I believe Star Lotulelei is our pick now. People are saying he is the next Ngata and last time I checked Ngata is the best 34DE in the league right now. Lotulelei, Rubin, and Taylor would make for a very great 3-4 DL. Sign the best pass rusher in FA. Maybe do some trades for more picks. Who knows.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Mastercheddaar was a bit confused.... I fixed it for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: