Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jennings, Wallace, or Bowe.... why not 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manlaw15 wrote:
SUG wrote:

Would any care to interject/critique my high draft pk TE plan B proposal?
Sug

I believe Miami will either bring in a guy like Jared Cook in the offseason to be our new starting TE or with their top 2nd round pick take Zach Ertz. There is a chance though that Ertz could be picked late in the first or real early in the 2nd if he has a great combine.

But your right in that Miami does need a TE that just creates match up problems. Until V Jackson came into his own in San Diego it worked well with good supporting WRs and a stud TE in Gates.

Thank you

I can't help that I always watch Green Bay just to get a glimpse of what our Off may look like.
I can't help it notice that GBs Off & several other West Coast Off focus more of the TE & then the WR pos.

It just floors me that GB had 3 WRs with a 1000 yds/yr each for a while mean while they just gouge the crap outta ya with a playmaking TE. (under Philbin)
The vast majority of WRs in GB over the yrs have been 3rd & 4th rnd pks.

It's also clear to me that we lack that play making TE in the RZ as well as Fasano is
gettin up there . (as much as I like him)

I just feel strongly that 2 out 4 pass catchers could really excel with the presence of TE that would force
teams to gm plan around.

And if we were able to resign R. Bush for 1 more yr that TE could really change the dynamics of our vert attack.
I also think drafting the right TE has to be harder to do than a quality WR given the multiple job responsibilities.
Lets put a nail in that coffin already !!!

sug
patdt13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#TeamMeowgatron
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings has a unique skill set. You can't find many WR with good speed that catch the ball and run great routes. I think you can draft good possession receivers who can go over you, and find burners every draft.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokeRICKYsmoke wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cordarrelle Patterson is the player i want to see in Miami by any means necessary...

Sign Jennings or Wallace and draft Patterson with their first round pick or trade back up to get him.. he is raw but has all the tools to succed in the NFL.. speed size power... Patterson needs to be in a Dolphins uniform next year!

Im sold. While he is 6'4 he has that shiftiness I look for in receivers. He also is not content on just settling for basic yardage. He is always looking to make a play. He is somewhat frail which means he will have problems beating press coverage.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
smokeRICKYsmoke wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cordarrelle Patterson is the player i want to see in Miami by any means necessary...

Sign Jennings or Wallace and draft Patterson with their first round pick or trade back up to get him.. he is raw but has all the tools to succed in the NFL.. speed size power... Patterson needs to be in a Dolphins uniform next year!

Im sold. While he is 6'4 he has that shiftiness I look for in receivers. He also is not content on just settling for basic yardage. He is always looking to make a play. He is somewhat frail which means he will have problems beating press coverage.

I've had Patterson in one of my mocks at 12, but I get the feeling that if he wows at the combine and pro-day he will picked in the top 10. He's just one of those guys who can take any play the distance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to see everyone sold now. He is raw but has the best chance to be special
skatewood2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I am glad to see everyone sold now. He is raw but has the best chance to be special

That just means we have no chance of him making it to us or we will pass him by.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson had 778 yards receving and 5 Tds
308 yards rushing and 3 tds
101 punt return yards and 1 td
671 kick return yards and 1 td

that's 1,858 total yards and 10 total tds in one season. That is a lot of production for his first year in division 1 football and in the SEC of all conferences! That is play making ability we severly lack.

If we move up in the top 10 for him, i'm ok with that

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

that's 1,858 total yards and 10 total tds in one season. That is a lot of production for his first year in division 1 football and in the SEC of all conferences! That is play making ability we severly lack.

He was also rather productive in JUCO...

As for movie up....I hate to do it....as special as we think he is the potential for bust is there. I would rather wait at 12 and see what come available...there are so many holes on this team that someone the team can use will fall to them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

As for movie up....I hate to do it....as special as we think he is the potential for bust is there. I would rather wait at 12 and see what come available...there are so many holes on this team that someone the team can use will fall to them.

Demarious Thomas and Torrey Smith are perfect examples of guys coming out of college with pure athleticism and talent but raw overall WRs.

Both WRs learned how to run routes and become quality WRs in the NFL. The skill set translated. You can't teach the talent Patterson has but you can teach him how to use his talent

Patterson offers to play right away. He can run the ball, return punts and kicks, and can run simple routes until he learns the route tree. That is value in a player. Think of Randall Cobb when you think of Patterson. A project but all around talent that can do it all.

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

Demarious Thomas and Torrey Smith are perfect examples of guys coming out of college with pure athleticism and talent but raw overall WRs.

Both WRs learned how to run routes and become quality WRs in the NFL. The skill set translated. You can't teach the talent Patterson has but you can teach him how to use his talent

Patterson offers to play right away. He can run the ball, return punts and kicks, and can run simple routes until he learns the route tree. That is value in a player. Think of Randall Cobb when you think of Patterson. A project but all around talent that can do it all.

I really like the kid and even picked him at 12 in my mock....I felt with picking up a guy like Jennings and having Hartline and Bess he could be used in more interesting situations and plays while developing his WR ability. I do think that it only makes sense to take him if the Dolphins add another veteran WR via Free Agency so he can have that time to develop into a more polished asset.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:

I really like the kid and even picked him at 12 in my mock....I felt with picking up a guy like Jennings and having Hartline and Bess he could be used in more interesting situations and plays while developing his WR ability. I do think that it only makes sense to take him if the Dolphins add another veteran WR via Free Agency so he can have that time to develop into a more polished asset.

See that is the idea. Bring in a veteran like Jennings, and let Patterson learn from Bess, Hartline, and Jennings. He will add so much to the return game and just him a lone on offense will cause defenses to key in on him.

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't feel it was necessary to start a new thread for this, but I saw this yesterday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134201/article/greg-jennings-to-dolphins-joe-philbin-remember-me

From the artical

Quote:
"Joe, how you doing. Remember me?

"He's one of my favorite coaches," Jennings said. "Obviously he jokes a lot, little subtle things here and there, but he's a great coach to have. He was a great coach to play for. He's one of those guys that you can have a relationship outside of football. As a player you admire a coach when he actually opens himself up like that."

It looks like Jennings does want to be in Miami and play for Philbin again....maybe that means he's will to sign for a little less to be here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Didn't feel it was necessary to start a new thread for this, but I saw this yesterday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134201/article/greg-jennings-to-dolphins-joe-philbin-remember-me

From the artical

Quote:

"He's one of my favorite coaches," Jennings said. "Obviously he jokes a lot, little subtle things here and there, but he's a great coach to have. He was a great coach to play for. He's one of those guys that you can have a relationship outside of football. As a player you admire a coach when he actually opens himself up like that."

It looks like Jennings does want to be in Miami and play for Philbin again....maybe that means he's will to sign for a little less to be here.

I hope this is true and works out for us. But I keep coming back to the Matt Flynn fiasco. We all thought sure because Philben coached Flynn that we would get him, but we didn't. The nice thing is we can trust if Philben believes that he fits into our team that we will get him because Jennings obviously wants to be here.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

From the artical

Quote:

I hope this is true and works out for us. But I keep coming back to the Matt Flynn fiasco. We all thought sure because Philben coached Flynn that we would get him, but we didn't. The nice thing is we can trust if Philben believes that he fits into our team that we will get him because Jennings obviously wants to be here.

Yea I think he wants to be here which is good because that could make the difference. We could have major weapons this offseason. Wallace or Jennings and I am a happy camper.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: