Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Something Different Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Nice effort, but trading Percy for a slowly declining Miles Austin and then drafting a very suspicious wide receiver is not going to fix our glaring wide receiver problems. We'll be in this exact same place in 2014 B****ing about how we need a receiver of the future.

Austin is younger than Greg Jennings and the same age as Dwayne Bowe. He's had injuries, but when healthy, his production is every bit as good as Bowe's or Jennings'.

If Percy is going to continue to be a headache, then it's worth it to get rid of him while we can get decent value back for him.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not directed to the OP, but when was the last time a noteworthy player was traded for another player. I've seen trades like that all over this site but it just doesn't happen in the NFL. I know that last year the Eagles traded Moise Fokou to the Colts for some cornerback, but outside of that it just doesn't happen. At least not, that I can remember.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Not directed to the OP, but when was the last time a noteworthy player was traded for another player. I've seen trades like that all over this site but it just doesn't happen in the NFL. I know that last year the Eagles traded Moise Fokou to the Colts for some cornerback, but outside of that it just doesn't happen. At least not, that I can remember.

Doesn't happen often, that's for sure, but it's still probably more realistic than getting a first round pick for a temperamental WR who needs a huge contract in a year with one of the deepest draft classes at WR in some time. I don't expect that it will happen at all, but it would make sense for all parties involved.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Prolly more realistic that the Vikings just hold on to him (after some negotiations/positioning), compared to trading him for a pick or trading him for a player.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
^
Prolly more realistic that the Vikings just hold on to him (after some negotiations/positioning), compared to trading him for a pick or trading him for a player.

But that's no fun for a Mock Draft Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: