Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Also Kevin Minter is my #1 ILB/MLB. I pray that we get him. He's going to be a stud. Would be happy with Arthur Brown as well. Ogletree, I see as more of a SLB than a MLB...

So you arte leaving Burfict at the Will spot? Most of us are moving him inside and getting the SLB and WLB in the draft.

Burfict to MLB has to make sense. Apart from his play on the field, 'taze showed the coaches how quick he grasped the playbook, and was 'coaching' Maualuga thru the season.

Seems to me Burfict would be well capable of calling the plays on the field. Giving him that responsibility might also help keep his head on straight.

In terms of a SLB, Marvin likes his SLB's as big long converted DE types, (Pollock). Someone like Dion Jordan ticks that box and several others.

In the end though, we can always draft a MLB and keep Taze at WLB but give him the play calling job. It doesnt have to be the MLB and if we get a guy like Ogletree or Hunter that fits that mold better, the keep Taze where he was amazing this year

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Spartan300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:
Did anyone else Te'o last night and just think he was Rey Maualuga 2.0?

Absolutely. Give me Ogletree or Arthur Brown any day

I've been making the Teo = Maualuga comparison for a while now. Although Teo is better, he's similar to Rey.

Also Kevin Minter is my #1 ILB/MLB. I pray that we get him. He's going to be a stud. Would be happy with Arthur Brown as well. Ogletree, I see as more of a SLB than a MLB...

Agree on Ogletree. He would be ideal outside for us with Burfict in the middle.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

So you arte leaving Burfict at the Will spot? Most of us are moving him inside and getting the SLB and WLB in the draft.

Burfict to MLB has to make sense. Apart from his play on the field, 'taze showed the coaches how quick he grasped the playbook, and was 'coaching' Maualuga thru the season.

Seems to me Burfict would be well capable of calling the plays on the field. Giving him that responsibility might also help keep his head on straight.

In terms of a SLB, Marvin likes his SLB's as big long converted DE types, (Pollock). Someone like Dion Jordan ticks that box and several others.

In the end though, we can always draft a MLB and keep Taze at WLB but give him the play calling job. It doesnt have to be the MLB and if we get a guy like Ogletree or Hunter that fits that mold better, the keep Taze where he was amazing this year

Just been re-watching the Pats v SF game over. Watching their LB's going full-bore, they just seem to have more pure speed than our LB's. Maybe I'm wrong, but I reckon we just need more speed than Maualuga and Lawson offer.

Don't think Arian Foster would have as much success running those stretch plays against Willis & Bowman ?

You agree ?
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyones thoughts on Manti Te'o? If there is even a chance of us grabbing him, do you want him? I haven't seen that much of him but i did see him in the national championship game. When he missed a tackle and the next play he horribly bit on play action for a touchdown.

Maualuga 2.0?
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not as bad as he played in the National Championship but he isn't as good as the media made him out to be during the season. He is very similar to Maualuga. However, I think he'll be better than Rey in the NFL but not by a lot. I fear Marvin might fall in love with him. There are a lot of guys I'd rather have than Te'o. I still want to watch more of him to get a better feel.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think Jelani Jenkins would be a solid pick in the 4th or so. He reminds me a lot of Howard. A very solid cover LB with great speed. Needs to get better at the point of attack, but a good option later in the draft

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Anyone think Jelani Jenkins would be a solid pick in the 4th or so. He reminds me a lot of Howard. A very solid cover LB with great speed. Needs to get better at the point of attack, but a good option later in the draft

I like Jenkins on day 3. I could see him as our WLB, but the need is at SLB, since we might resign nHoward and still have Lemur.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping we steer clear of Ogletree, with his suspect past I was already a little shaky, but he obviously hasn't matured recently either. While I think we still need to add more talent, I would still try to use our high picks on high character guys as we have for the last couple years. It isn't worth bringing in a guy who is going to get into trouble and effect the chemistry of the locker room. Just my thoughts... So that means we will probably take him in the 1st round and probably trade up to get him... lol.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/02/17/alec-ogletree-dui-arrest-georgia-nfl-draft-combine/1926089/
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
I am hoping we steer clear of Ogletree, with his suspect past I was already a little shaky, but he obviously hasn't matured recently either. While I think we still need to add more talent, I would still try to use our high picks on high character guys as we have for the last couple years. It isn't worth bringing in a guy who is going to get into trouble and effect the chemistry of the locker room. Just my thoughts... So that means we will probably take him in the 1st round and probably trade up to get him... lol.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/02/17/alec-ogletree-dui-arrest-georgia-nfl-draft-combine/1926089/

Character is the least of my concerns with Ogletree. I don't think he's worth more than a third rounder, maybe late second round. He certainly is good in coverage, really fluid hips, great ball skills and change of direction skills but he takes so many false steps, struggles to disengage blocks and is a hesitant player who doesn't attack downhill in the run game consistently. And as good as he is in coverage, he isn't physical enough in zone - lets receivers across his faces on crossing routes without getting hands on them/bumping them.

I think he is going to have issues in the run game at the next level unless he improves reading his keys and becomes a more decisive player. Sure Zimmer can do that, he helped Burfict in that area significantly. But I'd rather take Arthur Brown or wait until the third and take Keith Pough, Sio Moore or Gerald Hodges - if not both.
Anasurimbor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can sign a decent starting LB during free agency I really wouldn't mind going safety with the first two picks.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anasurimbor wrote:
If we can sign a decent starting LB during free agency I really wouldn't mind going safety with the first two picks.

We don't need 2 though. Nelson is solid enough to not be replaced

sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Nelson is solid. There are a lot of safeties in this class who may play in the NFL but none who look elite. I'd rather sign a vet safety and draft an LB than vice versa.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Yeah, Nelson is solid. There are a lot of safeties in this class who may play in the NFL but none who look elite. I'd rather sign a vet safety and draft an LB than vice versa.

What lb do you want at 21. If Vacarro is there at 21 I don't know how he isn't the pick

sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need offensive help more than defensive so I'd look at WR or RB before safeties to begin with. Vaccaro is a free safety and good in coverage but not much of a playmaker vs the run. Hell, we could probably bring back Clements or Crocker for better run defense than Vaccaro.

For our first round pick we should look for a player who is among the top 21 on our board and who improves the team the most. I don't rate any safeties that highly in this draft. Jarvis Jones would be an ideal pick though he'll probably be gone by 21. Keenan Allen or Cordarelle Patterson would be good picks. Maybe Eddie Lacy.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
We need offensive help more than defensive so I'd look at WR or RB before safeties to begin with. Vaccaro is a free safety and good in coverage but not much of a playmaker vs the run. Hell, we could probably bring back Clements or Crocker for better run defense than Vaccaro.

For our first round pick we should look for a player who is among the top 21 on our board and who improves the team the most. I don't rate any safeties that highly in this draft. Jarvis Jones would be an ideal pick though he'll probably be gone by 21. Keenan Allen or Cordarelle Patterson would be good picks. Maybe Eddie Lacy.

See I have Vacarro highly rated and think Allen and Lacy are big reaches. Lacy is not special. I dont want him at 21. Patterson I am ok with. But our S and LB need help more than O

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: