Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marinelli
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MemphisBear


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 266
Location: Memphis, TN
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Moore being on people's lists is laughable to me. And I'm one of his biggest fans. He lost his starting job and played his way out of town.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5084
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I don't see anyway the Bears cut Pep, that would be totally fool hardy, and I don't want Pep cut. I want Pep to retire a Bear in a couple years. I love Pep man, I'm just being truthful and not looking at things from a biased perspective.


No offense Supe but if you're not looking at things from a biased respective then there's no way you can say that Henry Melton is a better player than Ndamukong Suh; and I think Melton is a really good player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18949
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I don't see anyway the Bears cut Pep, that would be totally fool hardy, and I don't want Pep cut. I want Pep to retire a Bear in a couple years. I love Pep man, I'm just being truthful and not looking at things from a biased perspective.


No offense Supe but if you're not looking at things from a biased respective then there's no way you can say that Henry Melton is a better player than Ndamukong Suh; and I think Melton is a really good player.
If you're being unbiased there is no way you can say Suh is a better player than Melton, NO WAY. Melton has nearly TWICE as many pressures, TWICE DUDE, and more sacks over the last 2 years than Suh, and everybody acknowledges that Melton is much better player against the run than Suh. There really is no arguement that Suh is a better player than Henry Melton.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5084
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I don't see anyway the Bears cut Pep, that would be totally fool hardy, and I don't want Pep cut. I want Pep to retire a Bear in a couple years. I love Pep man, I'm just being truthful and not looking at things from a biased perspective.


No offense Supe but if you're not looking at things from a biased respective then there's no way you can say that Henry Melton is a better player than Ndamukong Suh; and I think Melton is a really good player.
If you're being unbiased there is no way you can say Suh is a better player than Melton, NO WAY. Melton has nearly TWICE as many pressures, TWICE DUDE, and more sacks over the last 2 years than Suh, and everybody acknowledges that Melton is much better player against the run than Suh. There really is no arguement that Suh is a better player than Henry Melton.


Different scheme, different players and stats don't always tell the whole story. If you're asking me who I would rather if I was starting a team from scratch today then yes I would take Suh over Melton. Not to take anything away from Melton, but Suh is the more talented hands down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22586
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Files to @ESPNDallas - Rod Marinelli Is Cowboys new DL coach.


Good luck to him...a class act of a coach and man.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5440
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I don't see anyway the Bears cut Pep, that would be totally fool hardy, and I don't want Pep cut. I want Pep to retire a Bear in a couple years. I love Pep man, I'm just being truthful and not looking at things from a biased perspective.


No offense Supe but if you're not looking at things from a biased respective then there's no way you can say that Henry Melton is a better player than Ndamukong Suh; and I think Melton is a really good player.
If you're being unbiased there is no way you can say Suh is a better player than Melton, NO WAY. Melton has nearly TWICE as many pressures, TWICE DUDE, and more sacks over the last 2 years than Suh, and everybody acknowledges that Melton is much better player against the run than Suh. There really is no arguement that Suh is a better player than Henry Melton.


Different scheme, different players and stats don't always tell the whole story. If you're asking me who I would rather if I was starting a team from scratch today then yes I would take Suh over Melton. Not to take anything away from Melton, but Suh is the more talented hands down.
The scheme the Lions run should lead to more pass rush stats then ours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
The thing is MadMike90, the Bears D is dominant against inferior teams, when they play someone like the Packers or 49ers they get steam rolled. I would rather take my chances and go after the damn QB instead of sitting back letting QB's pick us apart. Lets switch to a confusing 3-4 style D, and come up with some exotic blitz schemes, line Julius Peppers up all over the place and let him rush, the QB will go down! I'm thinking about maybe interviewing for the defensive coordinator position, all in favor say I!

Razz
Sorry about not getting the jerb. Better Luck next time.

You are correct about looking unbeatable against tomato cans and utterly beatable against good teams but, now that we have a new HC, that could change if the offense can actually put up points. If our D does not have to shoulder the whole load it will help immensely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7867
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:


We agree to disagree, counting double teams by tight ends and running backs as well as guards and tackle combinations, Peppers gets double teamed more than Melton.

1. Peppers
2. Tillman
3. Briggs
4. Melton
5. Jennings
6. Wootton
7. Urlacher
8. Idonije
9. Conte
10. ??
There's no agreeing to disagree here, factually speaking no player on the DL sees more double teams than Henry Melton....and for pete's sake what fn double teams do you think that Peanut and TJ are seeing? They aren't being asked to cover 2 receivers simultaneously

How old are you, really?


I was ranking the Bears defensive players, not by how many double teams they face, and I still believe Peppers is the engine that makes that D line tick, I know Lovie says the 3 tech is the engine, but not since Peppers has come here, although Pep does line up all over the line including as the 3 tech. Oh and I am 10 years old. Wink
Pep saw his fewest #of snaps this year, coincidentally the Bears D was the best it has been since Pep has been here, why? Well there's a few prongs to that answer, but it starts w/ Henry Melton has turned into the premier NFC DT in the last 3 years.

Oh and I'd rank em

1. Tillman
2. Melton
3. Briggs
4. Pep
5. TJ
6. Lach
7. Roach
8. Paea
9. Wright
10. Conte
11. Wootton (Wootton could conceivably jump up the #3 this year if he becomes what I think he might)


You don't think very highly of Peppers do you? Is there a way to see how many sacks Peppers teammates got while Peppers was on the field as opposed to him off it? ( On the sidelines )
I'd have to go chart it, and I'm kind of lazy right now (not really just have a project I'm working on w/ Alshon Jeffery).

And I think incredibly highly of Pep, I also watch him play and watch the play of the other guys. The first 3 guys on my list are this years best CB in the NFL and DPOY candidate Charles Tillman, The best pass rushing DT in the NFC Henry Melton, the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL Lance Briggs. Being listed behind those 3 guys is no slight, but its not even questionable that those 3 were much more valuable to our defense this year.


How would you chart it so maybe I can do it?

So would you rather have those 3 on the team over Pep for next season?

Is Melton better than Suh in your mind?

How old are you?

Cool
Melton is a better player than Suh, he was better in 2011 and he was better again in 2012. Suh had 1/2 sack more in 3 more games than Melton. Melton has nearly double the # of pressures as Suh in the last 2 years. Melton is even better against the run than Suh is. Suh is an undisciplined freelancer who sacrifices the good of the defense to go after the QB. Melton is extremely well disciplined, plays w/ in the scheme, doesn't miss his gap and is in reality a much better athletic specimen.

If you put a gun to my head and said I head to choose 1 of those 4 to NOT be on the team next year, sadly I would have to choose Pep, I wouldn't feel good about it at all, but he's the least valuable of those 4 players.

As for charting, its not hard as long as you know what you are looking for. Basically you have to rewatch everygame w/ a pen/paper and write down what it is you want to see.

And I'm 32


I see.. well I don't have the time for that either Supe

But you may get your wish if the Bears cut Peppers, the Bears D would take a huge step backwards though if that were to happen.
There is no way the Bears can pay Peppers if he is NOT the best DL on the field. Especially if he is only the third best.

Neither category applies to him though so he will still be here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group