Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Trestman/Emery Year 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't have Ogletree on the same level as Teo and Minter. I think Teo is a much more complete player.
I think T'eo is strictly a 3-4 ILB. He's not going to be able to run sideline to sideline in the NFL. And this is not factoring the MAJOR red flag he has right now. Either he is extremely gullible and not intelligent (not good for his draft status) or he is a manipulative liar who will do anything to get what he wants (not good for his draft status). We just saw Vontaze Burfict who was every bit the player on the field that T'eo is, and similar athletically, go undrafted b/c of his lack of personal accountability. Unless Te'o can really come up w/ some tough answers and evidence to support it, I can't see a team touching him before the 4th right now.

Yeah let’s not go overboard here…Te’o is a better player than Taze ever was…will run better than Taze did and even with this situation whatever the outcome is will still not be the headcase on the field Taze was.
Taze was an outstanding player, people forget before his senior year he was looked at as a top 5 pick. And we've seen that talent translate to the NFL this year. He's shown every bit the talent we all saw on Saturdays. Everywhere I've looked Te'o is projected to run around a 4.9, that ain't much better than Taze.
He was never outstanding. He had an outstanding youtube video though. That single play was great.
What are you talking about? Never outstanding? He was an absolute playmaker in college, but he had issues w/ freelancing (which he usually guessed right anyways b/c he has sick instincts) and he was a complete headcase who had no personal accountability. Nothing was Taze's fault in his mind, and he suffered in his wallet MAJORLY b/c of it. But he's shown that exact same playmaking ability he did at ASU in Cincinatti and has opened the door for Cinci to waive goodbye to Rey.
He wasnt on the level of those other LBs we talked about. He was good on that team but put him on ND or LSU and he wouldnt stand out. I never saw that supposed great speed from him and he was a freelancer like you said. I wasnt high on him. I never thought he was a 1st round pick like others did. He had the type of character issues that NFL teams dont like. Teo doesnt.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't have Ogletree on the same level as Teo and Minter. I think Teo is a much more complete player.
I think T'eo is strictly a 3-4 ILB. He's not going to be able to run sideline to sideline in the NFL. And this is not factoring the MAJOR red flag he has right now. Either he is extremely gullible and not intelligent (not good for his draft status) or he is a manipulative liar who will do anything to get what he wants (not good for his draft status). We just saw Vontaze Burfict who was every bit the player on the field that T'eo is, and similar athletically, go undrafted b/c of his lack of personal accountability. Unless Te'o can really come up w/ some tough answers and evidence to support it, I can't see a team touching him before the 4th right now.

Yeah let’s not go overboard here…Te’o is a better player than Taze ever was…will run better than Taze did and even with this situation whatever the outcome is will still not be the headcase on the field Taze was.
Taze was an outstanding player, people forget before his senior year he was looked at as a top 5 pick. And we've seen that talent translate to the NFL this year. He's shown every bit the talent we all saw on Saturdays. Everywhere I've looked Te'o is projected to run around a 4.9, that ain't much better than Taze.
He was never outstanding. He had an outstanding youtube video though. That single play was great.
What are you talking about? Never outstanding? He was an absolute playmaker in college, but he had issues w/ freelancing (which he usually guessed right anyways b/c he has sick instincts) and he was a complete headcase who had no personal accountability. Nothing was Taze's fault in his mind, and he suffered in his wallet MAJORLY b/c of it. But he's shown that exact same playmaking ability he did at ASU in Cincinatti and has opened the door for Cinci to waive goodbye to Rey.
He wasnt on the level of those other LBs we talked about. He was good on that team but put him on ND or LSU and he wouldnt stand out. I never saw that supposed great speed from him and he was a freelancer like you said. I wasnt high on him. I never thought he was a 1st round pick like others did. He had the type of character issues that NFL teams dont like. Teo doesnt.
Well that's b/c he didn't have great timed speed obviously, but what he did have, and what he still has, is exceptional instincts that allow him to play MUCH faster than his timed speed. Te'o is the same type of player, not a great athlete, but has great instincts that allows him to play fast. The difference of course is Te'o is not a freelancer, is very disciplined in a defense, and not a me-first guy.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
BonanzaHawk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should sign Jermon Bushrod in FA, he's our LT. We should trade back a little bit from our 1st pick, try to nab a 3-rounder, then draft D.J. Fluker from Bama with our first pick, Barrett Jones from Bama with our second, and then with our hypothetical 3rd rounder we could either go ILB/slot WR/or TE. The tight end that I would go for in the 3rd or possibly 4th would be Joseph Fauria from UCLA, as he's a massive athlete who can make some plays in the passing game. We should bring in Martellus Bennett (only because Jared Cook will likely be franchised).

Jermon Bushrod
Lance Louis
Barrett Jones
Gabe Carimi
DJ Fluker
Martellus Bennett/Joseph Fauria
ak06max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I bet he cant jump out of a pool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: