Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Players 2012: #9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #9?
S. Lee, ILB
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
D. Murray, RB
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
B. Carter, ILB
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
D. Harris, Ret/WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
O. Scandrick, CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
T. Smith, LT
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
M. Claiborne, CB
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
M. Austin, WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
L. Vickers, FB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C. Beasley, Perfection (WR)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Ranking the Players 2012: #9 Reply with quote

Who was our #9 top player of 2012? Vote and Discuss!

Rules:
1. If you Vote, also give a brief explanation as to why. This is to generate insightful discussion.
2. Don't ask me what top player means to me. What does it mean to you. Best, Healthiest, Most consistent, Whatever standard you use, stick to it.
3. I will have 10 players in every round. After your explanation if you would like to nominate a player, I am open to it.
4. I am the final arbitrator on everything including but not limited to ties. My word is law. And I do accept bribes.
5. You are welcome, Ace.

2012 Rankings:
1. Dez Bryant, WR
2. Jason Witten, TE
3. Tony Romo, QB
4. Anthony Spencer, OLB
5. Brandon Carr, CB
6. Dan Bailey, PK
7. DeMarcus Ware, OLB
8. Jason Hatcher, DE

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldve won last round. So heres my Lee Vote

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyron Smith

^daboyle250
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Smith. Lee played great, but he only played 6 games. Don't forget Smith is still so young.

Quote:
In pass protection, Smith took a step back in 2012, but the good news is that he showed improvement. He didn’t allow a sack in the entire second half of the season, and his pressure rate was actually about half of that in the first half of the year. Smith has the athleticism and intelligence to adapt his game to play left tackle—something he hadn’t done on a consistent basis since high school—and we saw that as the season progressed. Perhaps the most telling stat for Smith is that only two of his 11 penalties came after the Cowboys’ initial eight contests, and only three after Week 6.

In the running game, Smith was the Cowboys’ most dominant blocker. I track the blockers who are at the point-of-attack on each running play throughout the season. Smith was at the point on 88 runs, and the ‘Boys gained 393 yards on those plays (4.47 YPC). That’s well above the overall average of only 3.56 YPC. Surprisingly, the Cowboys struggled on the few stretch and toss plays they ran to the boundary on Smith’s side, totaling only 1.71 YPC on 14 carries, although we’d expect the efficiency to increase dramatically with more attempts.

And of course the most important number surrounding Smith is 12.5 million, as in the total value of his four-year rookie contract. That’s pocket change for many of the league’s premiere offensive tackles. Smith isn’t there just yet, but he’s shown that he’s on his way. Actually, I’m so confident of Smith’s improvement from good to elite in 2013 that I’d argue the Cowboys should do whatever they can to extend his contract before his market value explodes.

Final 2012 Grade

This season was an odd one for Smith because he looked like a totally new player over the second half of the year. If I were grading him based solely on the final eight games, he’d probably get a B+ or even an A-. The improvement he showed as he became more comfortable on the left side was remarkable and a great sign of things to come.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/breaking-down-the-boys-tyron-smith-2012-review-final-grade.html/

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting for Smith as well.

He did go through an adjustment period early in the year, but came on strong late in the season (kind of like last year) once he finally became comfortable at left tackle.

He definitely has a bright future ahead of him.

^^^mack
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some compelling Smith arguments but I'm going Carter. Played well game in amd game out (something that can be said of few players on this team)- shame he missed the last momth.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Smith as well. My criteria includes being there for the team throughout the whole year and playing with some amount of consistency. I simply can't vote for Carter/Lee/Murray yet because they didn't play the whole year. And while all three were great when they played and its not their fault they got hurt, they still weren't there to help the team get to where it needed to be.

While Smith struggled a bit early, he came into his own in the 2nd half of the season and was the only positive on the Oline.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: