Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Name Marc Trestman Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Excellent hire, could not be happier for Bears fans. Also as an Argo fan this is great news to get him out of the CFL lol. But honestly, in two years no one will remember he even left the NFL.
Happy to help the Argos out. Hopefully, he will be another Marv Levy or Bud Grant.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
All I keep reading is QB guru, great with QBs, molds QBs. It sounds like all they did was hire a QB coach. Which they don't even need because Cutler is already a great QB.

Clearly, you need to do a little research...

I've seen his CFL record. Heard the praises from his players. Seen the list of jobs he has had. So no. I've done enough.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to your comment about Cutler being a great QB...

Do some research he is barely an average QB this year.

I watched plenty of Cutler. There isn't any QB that would do better behind that OL.

Yet Rodgers and Big Ben have had horrible lines and don't play nearly as poorly... He's had a worse year this year than last.

Wow. The two best QBs in the league did it so everyone can.

Ben is basically a 6th OLineman. He can shake off tacklers better than any QB in history.
Our line is young but it did improve throughout the year even as our schedule got harder. But one of the reasons Trestman was hired was to improve all aspects of the offense, including the line. He has shown the ability to improve his lines even with no changes in personnel and he immediately hired one of the better Oline coaches in the league as our OC. When he got to Montreal the A's sacks dropped from 68 to 22 so he knows what has to be done and how to do it.

At his press conference he stressed protection and the pocket so I am optimistic to see that take priority. Those skeptical of the Cutler trade, including me at the time, were concerned we would not be able to protect him. I also did not think we had a coach who understood enough about the offense to make the trade work even if we could.
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the names of NFL coaches Marc Trestman has worked for, that is a rather impressive coaching tree.

With the OC they have brought in from NO it is realistic to see a quick rebuilding process.

The Bears corp. of talent is unusually high with eight of 22 field positions ranked in the top 150:

Julius Peppers

Brandon Marshall

Henry Melton

Lance Briggs

Charles Tillman

Jay Cutler

Matt Forte

Brian Urlacher

The window for several defenders will be short. 2013 is a realistic target year for a playoff run. Cool
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see current Argos coach Scott Milanovich eventually getting NFL looks as well.. Interesting white with Trestman
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I see current Argos coach Scott Milanovich eventually getting NFL looks as well.. Interesting white with Trestman
Rumor has it he could be joining Trestman on the Bears staff.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: