Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players on the Bubble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Players on the Bubble Reply with quote

Who do you think could be cut, traded, or reduce in contracts?

I think the following 6 players will either be on the bubble to be cut, traded, or get a reduced contract:

Chris Kelsey savings of $4,175,000 if cut (getting old and isnt worth keping)
Terrence Mcgee savings of $2,100,000 if cut (Getting old and injury prone)
George Wilson savings of $3,375,000 if cut (part time and Byrd is the future)
Brad Smith savings of $2,750,000 if cut (way to much for wildcat and mediocre WR)
Scott Chandler savings of $2,350,000 if cut (alot for an OK TE, better options out there)
Ryan Fitzpatrick savings of $500,000 (long term he is not answer and could find a better option for cheaper as back up)

Cap is at 20.6 million and with these 6 possibly being cut it will then put the bills just under 36 million in cap space. Bills then can resign Byrd, levitre, a possible SS, a veteran qb, WR and a CB.

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now better understand the money issues with Fitzpatrick and would expect we try to renegotiate his contract 1st before releasing him. He has continuity with the rest of the offense, so IMO that trumps any slight differences in pay between his restructuring and what Matt Moore would get. Why do I mention Moore? Because I think he is the only FA QB we bring in to replace Fitz. Alex Smith and Joe Flacco will command more money than this organization will want to pay, especially when you take into account that we realistically will be targeting a young QB for our future. So to rehash...1st try to restructure Fitz's contract, if that fails sign Moore and then release Fitz.

I'd keep Chandler...believing he'd be better with a better QB and the likely more targets he'd see from play-action passes.

Wilson? Tough call. It's a risk, but I understand why you would move on...don't think the Bills will though. Can't back it up with anything...just a gut feeling.

The rest of your list I agree with 100%.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler is the best TE we have had since Metzelaars. Cutting him would be a mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is thebest Te they have had in a while however it was because he was under Gailey's scheme he fumbles and drops the ball alot. They havent implemented the TE position in a while so he may be the best they have but that isnt saying much. Im just saying they could look at him and cut him and go with a better option in FA or draft if need be. Or at least have him take a pay cut he is not worth the 3+ million for the year.

What players do you guys see as cash casualties?

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's only one other player worth looking at...I think we either try to restructure Barnett's contract or let him go.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I think there's only one other player worth looking at...I think we either try to restructure Barnett's contract or let him go.
I would rather re structure it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
He is thebest Te they have had in a while however it was because he was under Gailey's scheme he fumbles and drops the ball alot. They havent implemented the TE position in a while so he may be the best they have but that isnt saying much. Im just saying they could look at him and cut him and go with a better option in FA or draft if need be. Or at least have him take a pay cut he is not worth the 3+ million for the year.

What players do you guys see as cash casualties?
I just dnt see Chandler being cut as something that will help the team. He is a decent TE, in our past we havent had luck finding good TEs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you cut Chandler until you have a decent option to replace him. With his problems, we were lost in the red zone with out him and he was our really only option with height. I would like to bring in another option and go with a two TE set like a lot of teams have been implimenting.

Another name to throw out there is Lindell. He is getting older, clearly Chan didnt have confidence in him and he cant cut it on kickoffs. I think Rookie kicker might be an option with the success they have had the past few years or even free agency might get a look.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
I would rather re structure it

Me too. He'd be pretty good depth and provide veteran presence in locker room for the youngins.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: cuts Reply with quote

I do not understand why in the world we would cut Chandler? He is an excellent TE and could produce even more with the right QB. I disagree about Alex Smith's I do not think it will cost us an arm and a leg to get him. Truth be told I really do not care for any of the QB's in the draft. I would rather wait till next yr to target a future qb.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutting Chandler would just create more problems. Him and Stevie were our only good recieving options last year. Nelson coming back helps but cutting Chandler would be a huge mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few upgrades in TE on the FA im saying for the amount the bills pay for chandler they could put to a better TE. I think restructuring his contract would be a wise thing 3+ million is alot for him and I dont think he is worth it. again the point of this is to state your opinion on who should be on the bubble.

Nike I forgot to put lindell on there. He struggles a bit on field goals and he cannot kick the ball in to the endzone on kickoffs. His leg is gone and they need to move on.

Hopkins from FSU would be a smart move you can get him in a late round of this draft and he has a leg and is the best FG kicker available in the draft. So he will come cheap

Thanks Max
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
There are a few upgrades in TE on the FA im saying for the amount the bills pay for chandler they could put to a better TE. I think restructuring his contract would be a wise thing 3+ million is alot for him and I dont think he is worth it. again the point of this is to state your opinion on who should be on the bubble.

Nike I forgot to put lindell on there. He struggles a bit on field goals and he cannot kick the ball in to the endzone on kickoffs. His leg is gone and they need to move on.

Hopkins from FSU would be a smart move you can get him in a late round of this draft and he has a leg and is the best FG kicker available in the draft. So he will come cheap

Cutting cap room for the sake of cutting cap room is foolish in my opinion, and I dont think cutting Chandler will benefit our team in any way besides saving money that we wouldnt spend anyways..

Cutting Fitz as a long term? Sure, that makes sense.. But losing Chandler almost certainly hurts us on the field, and I dont think the 2M or whatever it is is worth losing that..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of cutting him would be because they have an upgrade in mind or they need the money to focus on a more important position such as resigning byrd and levitre and bringing in other FA. The bills have a new regime and will cut the players they feel isnt for them and bringing in their guys. If the bills cut chandler it would be because they have an upgrade at TE position. Having chandler take a pay cut would be ideal too. He may have been decent with fitz but having a new scheme and qb makes a big difference. Chandler has dropped alot of passes and fumbled a decent amount. I think paying him over $3.5 million is to much that is my opinion, he is mediocre at best but some think he is better. To me I see 3 FA that can be upgrades at the position who will ask around 3.5-5 million a year.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: