Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CowboysTilIDie's Mock Draft Thread (Updated 4/20/13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennett is a RFA I believe, but absolutely wonderful

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Gotcha. Did not catch that. Thanks for the heads up.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Lewan is staying at Michigan.

What do you see in Teo to rank him so highly ?
suicidesilence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Loveeeeeeee thisssss draft!!! I'd be sooo happy if we actually do this. Great job bro!

^^^Epic Sig, By The Greatest Sig Maker. THE SICKNESS!!!
Bill Cowher for head coach!
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:

Honestly? I ranked him there prior to actually watching him play against Bama. I hadn't had a chance to really study him and watch him. I was going off of what I had read on multiple other draft sites and such. Once I have some time, the board will change, don't worry.

Same with Lewan. Made that board before he decided to stay in school.

Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Honestly? I ranked him there prior to actually watching him play against Bama. I hadn't had a chance to really study him and watch him. I was going off of what I had read on multiple other draft sites and such. Once I have some time, the board will change, don't worry.

No problem I didn't know if you knew about Lewan. Teo will be an ok lb in the pro's but nothing special. There is a reason the SEC has more defensive players chosen than other conferences. Teo learned why Monday night.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I don't think he's a RFA, as he has played 4 NFL seasons. He should be an UFA. I think Sportrac is incorrect on his FA status.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

No problem I didn't know if you knew about Lewan. Teo will be an ok lb in the pro's but nothing special. There is a reason the SEC has more defensive players chosen than other conferences. Teo learned why Monday night.

The SEC typically places its best athletes on defense where other conferences will place them on offense. As a conference in general, it also tends to attract some of the best athletes in the country to begin with, which doesn't hurt, either.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

I don't think he's a RFA, as he has played 4 NFL seasons. He should be an UFA. I think Sportrac is incorrect on his FA status.

Yeah, actually rotoworld has him as a UFA, so now I'm not so sure...

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be doing my Top 5 by Position over the next several days. In some cases I will be using WalterFootball's scouting reports for players I haven't watched a lot of tape on (most likely on positions that aren't needs for Dallas).

Quarterbacks:

1. Tyler Wilson

Quote:
Wilson has the look of an NFL quarterback. He stands tall in the pocket and reads defenses well. The decision making the junior displayed last season was very impressive.

Wilson has a strong arm and is an accurate passer. He demonstrated the ability to push the ball outside the numbers in 2011, moving the ball down the field with precision passes. Wilson also has nice mobility to buy time or pick up yards on the ground. With his size, arm and intellect, he will most likely be viewed as a possible safe pick to scouts.

2. Geno Smith

Quote:
The senior signal-caller has an excellent skill set. He is showing his intelligence and field vision by working through his progressions and looking off safeties. Smith has some natural accuracy with good arm strength to make all the throws. He can fire some fastballs into tight windows with phenomenal ball placement to hit receivers in stride.

Smith's plus mobility allows him to pick up first downs with his feet and bail out his offensive line. He needs to work on sustaining drives as he struggled when Texas Tech and Kansas State took away the deep part of the field. Smith will need to improve his footwork for the NFL. He needs to become more uniform with good feet to get in rhythm.

3. Ryan Nassib

Quote:
Nassib completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,749 yards, 26 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season. He displayed intelligence and accuracy.

Nassib had a record-setting game in a narrow loss to Northwestern in Syracuse's opener. He threw four touchdowns in the second half to give the Orange a lead. Nassib set Syracuse records in passing attempts and yards as he completed 45-of-66 passes for 479 yards with four touchdowns and an interception. Nassib also picked up some clutch yards on the ground.

The Orange didn't have a strong supporting cast, and Nassib played better than his numbers indicate.

4. Matt Barkley

Quote:
Barkley had a rough senior season that has caused his stock to decline. He never had an elite physical skill set, but the decision-making problems are the most worrisome. In Barkley's defense, his offensive line was horrible. He was under heat all season as USC really missed Matt Kalil.

Barkley completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,273 yards, 36 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in 2012. The senior didn't play well against Stanford or Washington, and was just average against California. He had underwhelming games versus UCLA and Arizona, too. Barkley injured his shoulder against the Bruins and was unable to play against Notre Dame or Georgia Tech.

5. Mike Glennon

Quote:
Glennon completed 58.5 percent of his passes in 2012 for 4,031 yards, 31 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. He played better than his numbers indicate. Glennon has a big arm and pocket presence, but needs to make major improvements in his accuracy and decision-making. Glennon's accuracy would get better if he improved his feet.

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Backs:

1. Giovanni Bernard

Quote:
Bernard ran for 1,228 yards and 10 touchdowns this season, while averaging 6.7 yards per carry. He also hauled in 47 passes for 490 yards and five touchdowns. Bernard averaged 16 yards per punt return as well, and even scored on two of them. One was the game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter against N.C. State. He missed two games with an undisclosed injury.

Bernard is extremely quick to break runs for big gains. Furthermore, he is hard to tackle in the open field as he has shiftiness to dodge tacklers.

2. Joseph Randle

Quote:
Randle averaged 5.2 yards per carry in 2012 on his way to 1,417 yards and 14 touchdowns. He picked up 28 receptions for 224 yards as well. Randle ran for 199 yards on 25 carries against Texas including a long run for a score. He had big games against TCU, Oklahoma, Baylor and Iowa State.

The junior has demonstrated good blitz-protection skills, including a devastating block versus the Longhorns. Randle ran with speed and elusiveness this year, but less power and physicality compared to what he showed in 2011.

3. Eddie Lacy

Lacy is my favorite back that is a reasonable target for Dallas. He's got a great combination of power, size, and quickness. He's not fast by any means, but he hits the hole hard and doesn't go down easy. Has good vision and would make a fantastic compliment to Murray. Granted, he played behind the best offensive line in college football, but he made the most of his carries while splitting time with impressive Freshman TJ Yeldon. He averaged 6.4 yards per carry with 17 TDs on 204 carries. He's also a decent receiver out of the backfield.

4. Monte Ball

I don't understand why Monte Ball is so low on some people's boards. All the guy has done is produce. I get that people are worried about the load he's carried during his college career, but the league seems to be more of a 2-back league anyways and I still strongly believe he will produce at the next level. He's powerful and quick to the hole and just has a nose for the endzone. If Lacy is gone in the 4th (which is highly likely), I would strongly consider Ball with our 4th round pick.

5. Stepfan Taylor

Quote:
Taylor averaged 4.8 yards per carry this year, having collected 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns. He totaled 41 receptions for 287 yards with two scores through the air, too. Taylor showed three-down ability with his blocking and receiving. Nationally, he is a sleeper prospect who could be a draft-day steal. Taylor has a nice mix of quickness and strength. He has three-down back ability as well.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with your rankings on Monte Ball. Perhaps its the perception I have of his offensive line that tends to color my impression on him. But I don't consider him all that note-worthy to be in the top 5 at his position.

I get why many can be high on him, but that to me is a major question mark.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest. I think Stefan Taylor will be the best RB out of this draft. When you watch him play there this sense of a extreme professional who you can see studies on his game tape hard and plays smart and hard.

Just really you have watch him play.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I disagree with your rankings on Monte Ball. Perhaps its the perception I have of his offensive line that tends to color my impression on him. But I don't consider him all that note-worthy to be in the top 5 at his position.

I understand that my ranking of him isn't commonplace, but I don't think it's fair to use his offensive line against him. First off, this is a very weak RB class and I don't see any other backs (minus the 3 ahead of him) that are really better. And if they are, they certainly haven't had the production he's had. If Lattimore was healthy he'd likely be my #1 or #2.

Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I understand that my ranking of him isn't commonplace, but I don't think it's fair to use his offensive line against him. First off, this is a very weak RB class and I don't see any other backs (minus the 3 ahead of him) that are really better. And if they are, they certainly haven't had the production he's had. If Lattimore was healthy he'd likely be my #1 or #2.

Die...your list is a fair list. You could flip flop a couple either way. The next great rb class will be in 2015 when the now frosh rb's are juniors. Obviously it's contingent upon them coming out early. If all of them do though it will be stacked. I don't think it will be as deep as the 08 class but it will be better at the top end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: