Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jennings, Wallace, or Bowe.... why not 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Where are all the posters that said "this offense doesn't need a #1 WR?" I thought this offense could get by just fine with mid level guys that weren't selfish? I thought I heard a chorus of posters suggesting that spending big money on a top WR wasn't part of what this offense was all about.

Here I am !

The only guy of those 3 FAs that even appeals to me is Jennings.
He is knowledgeable of our system
He is a great route runner
He's clean on & off the field
And I doubt he costs what the other guys do since being a WR in GB is all about being an "interchangeable part".

Whomever we draft or acquire via FA needs to understand that it's not about being
a #1 or a #2 WR in Mia. It's about fitting the system.

I mean ... can it really be said of Gregg Jennings that he has put up Mega Star numbers in back to back seasons...???
I don't think so, he's a smart, crafty, can get separation, run fantastic routes & catch anything his hands touch.
Dude knows how to "bait a Safety" into double coverage so that his teammate gets single coverage after the huddle & before the snap.

I'd rather have 3 Gregg Jennings than 1 Mega star.
Besides I hope we draft a Stud TE before any WR.

sug

I'll grant you consistency, Sug.

Out of pure curiosity, what would you propose we do if Jennings is not available or doesn't want to come to Miami? How would you fix the WR corps? Can we agree that what we have ain't gonna cut the mustard?

Absolutely buddy.
Well, as I've stated several times, I'd put much more emphasis on acquiring a high draft TE before I'd draft a WR .
Give Def a much bigger challenge than just big ole slow/lumbering A. Fasano not to mention in Jumbo packages we'd
create more single coverage for the Wide outs & improve our RZ attack.

By my count we draft the best available pass catching route runner in rnd 2B or 3A.

So the roster would look like
Rookie WR - Hartline - Bess (slot) - Fasano - Stud rookie 2nd rnd pk & C. Clay as the Hybrid.

2 quality Wrs
2 quality TEs
1 quality slot WR
1 quality hybrid WR

I feel strongly this would wk from a scheme perspective, balance across the field & cost factor moving forward, especially if we can manage to bring R. Bush back.

sug
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bess should be the #4 WR on this team. People are knocking Hartline for not making plays? Bess is the antithesis of a playmaker, although he does have great hands and that initial quickness.

He, much like Hartline, can really only be used between the 20s.

Hell, at this point I almost prefer Matthews if only for his potential and speed.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we only take one. I would prefer Wallace because of Speed and age but I would not complain if we got Jennings. Here is what I would want FA and draft to go:

If we signed Wallace then Patterson in the 1st

If we signed Jennings the Austin in the 2nd

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like what Bowe and Wallace bring I think Jennings becomes one of the Dolphin's receivers next season. His rapport Philbin, his back ground in the offense, the Dolphins appear to be a team on the rise and he can come in and be the Man of the WR core make it a ideal place for him. I think his age may actually be a plus....especially in helping a young QB. I still would prefer Bowe due to his size and physical presence and Wallace because of his speed....it is not what "I" want it is what the Dolphins most likely will do.

With that said I decided to take some time and watch some Greg Jennings Highlights....

Greg Jennings - Be Great...good series of highlights of 2010 ans 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyLHvJ0h4l4

This is a pretty cool video done by Espn's Sports science series that evaluate Jennings hands and his ability to process the balls placement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=K7RJfQZn2GU

This is video truly shows Jennings range

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldspice?v=KghZK2U1kWU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
As much as I like what Bowe and Wallace bring I think Jennings becomes one of the Dolphin's receivers next season. His rapport Philbin, his back ground in the offense, the Dolphins appear to be a team on the rise and he can come in and be the Man of the WR core make it a ideal place for him. I think his age may actually be a plus....especially in helping a young QB. I still would prefer Bowe due to his size and physical presence and Wallace because of his speed....it is not what "I" want it is what the Dolphins most likely will do.

With that said I decided to take some time and watch some Greg Jennings Highlights....

This is a pretty cool video done by Espn's Sports science series that evaluate Jennings hands and his ability to process the balls placement

Great video VM, I remember the game that he torched VD for that long TD. I can't remember if we won the game but I remember it coming down to the wire. If Jennings can come in here, he can make Tanny look great by going after his deep passes. I was amazed to see him catch two footballs one handed at the same time and for them to say he did it three times is crazy. I am curious how many takes it took but that's still amazing.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

The whole thing is how much of it is Jennings and how much is it when you have an elite QB throwing you the ball. I do like how he can run the routes though and create seperation

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Watching the highlight video does get me excited about what Jennings will bring to our offense. But like i stated in my last post Miami better have a plan B with their first 3 picks in the draft. Jennings Hartline Bess and best WR available in the 2nd round. Pretty good WR corp if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manlaw15 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Watching the highlight video does get me excited about what Jennings will bring to our offense. But like i stated in my last post Miami better have a plan B with their first 3 picks in the draft. Jennings Hartline Bess and best WR available in the 2nd round. Pretty good WR corp if you ask me.

Would any care to interject/critique my high draft pk TE plan B proposal?

Sug
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Where are all the posters that said "this offense doesn't need a #1 WR?" I thought this offense could get by just fine with mid level guys that weren't selfish? I thought I heard a chorus of posters suggesting that spending big money on a top WR wasn't part of what this offense was all about.

That was me, but I just got bothered by the lack of respect safeties had for the deep ball so Mike Wallace intrigued me. People point to his drops but due to the routes taking him farther away from the QB that is just bound to be the case.

Basically it's not about signing a number 1, it's about having capable WRs. And right now we can generously say we have 3 most would say we have two. Regardless of their "number" we need talent at that position.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
smokeRICKYsmoke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cordarrelle Patterson is the player i want to see in Miami by any means necessary...

Sign Jennings or Wallace and draft Patterson with their first round pick or trade back up to get him.. he is raw but has all the tools to succed in the NFL.. speed size power... Patterson needs to be in a Dolphins uniform next year!

-xbox live - KINGKONG609 and HALFWAYCROOK609
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Technically speaking you can afford them, the problem is the Dolphins need to do much more than fix the WR position. If you fix WR but not OL then it's pointless. Plus defense needs a little help as well.

That was his point, helping out positions in the draft while we get our WRs in the free agency.
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIKE WALLACE

our biggest problem on offense was not being able to stretch the field (we were throwing deep balls do davone bess, smh) mike wallace can burn almost anyone and would open up our offense
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope Miami does everything in their power to give Tannehill a chance to excel and that would mean getting him some weapons at all cost.
Some means replacing what you may lose, and adding more than 1 more to what they have..
The defense is good and could use some upgrades in the secondary but until Miami can start scoring 24 or more ponits a game on a regular basis they are not going to be a playoff team.
Miami scored 24 or more points only 5 times this year ,and they were 5 and 0 in those games.
A great offense makes your defense better automaticly.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:

A great offense makes your defense better automaticly.

Extend more drives and keep the defense off the field.

The Dolphins were 27th in the NFL last year in Time of Possession.
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

Would any care to interject/critique my high draft pk TE plan B proposal?
Sug

I believe Miami will either bring in a guy like Jared Cook in the offseason to be our new starting TE or with their top 2nd round pick take Zach Ertz. There is a chance though that Ertz could be picked late in the first or real early in the 2nd if he has a great combine.

But your right in that Miami does need a TE that just creates match up problems. Until V Jackson came into his own in San Diego it worked well with good supporting WRs and a stud TE in Gates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: