Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I don't want to comment on it too much, but his story makes a lot of sense to those of us who have seen it happen.

Before coming here, I used to post on the old Myspace forums (they're dead now, so I can talk about them), and there were a lot of "girls" that posted there. And as time went on, we found out a lot of them were fake profiles then too. This was 5-6 years ago, mind you. And guys were getting duped into catching feelings for them then.

It's all very possible that Te'o was somewhat awkward when talking to girls. We've all been there at some point, and even positive traits don't make up for the anxiety that people can feel. I think we all, since we post on here, understand that for a good majority of people it's easier to let themselves loose online than in person. If you don't believe it, go check out the relationship advice thread in This Aint Sports Talk. And he probably got caught up with this fake profile, they talked all the time, he was able to open up to her in ways that maybe he couldn't do in person and he caught feelings and let himself get duped.

I think teams are going to do their homework and they'll come to realize that he was just a young kid who was unsure of himself and wasn't careful enough.

Doesn't change the fact that Te'o lied to make his story more emotional for people voting for heisman.....

If he found out on the 26th, the Heisman voting/award was already over.

He said on the Heisman show that they used to go on trips to Hawaii together..........which wasn't true.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
so my death would please you? Good day to you sir

Laughing

I'm just saying...

you just watch yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BrauMLt_0

Laughing
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
He said on the Heisman show that they used to go on trips to Hawaii together..........which wasn't true.
According to the story, they were supposed to meet up in Hawaii several times and she didn't show. He probably was excited about their meeting and told people about them going to happen, and when they didn't, he had to cover for it. Then he had to keep it up.

It's tricky and he probably should have come clean. But I don't think it's damning.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I don't want to comment on it too much, but his story makes a lot of sense to those of us who have seen it happen.

Before coming here, I used to post on the old Myspace forums (they're dead now, so I can talk about them), and there were a lot of "girls" that posted there. And as time went on, we found out a lot of them were fake profiles then too. This was 5-6 years ago, mind you. And guys were getting duped into catching feelings for them then.

It's all very possible that Te'o was somewhat awkward when talking to girls. We've all been there at some point, and even positive traits don't make up for the anxiety that people can feel. I think we all, since we post on here, understand that for a good majority of people it's easier to let themselves loose online than in person. If you don't believe it, go check out the relationship advice thread in This Aint Sports Talk. And he probably got caught up with this fake profile, they talked all the time, he was able to open up to her in ways that maybe he couldn't do in person and he caught feelings and let himself get duped.

I think teams are going to do their homework and they'll come to realize that he was just a young kid who was unsure of himself and wasn't careful enough.

Doesn't change the fact that Te'o lied to make his story more emotional for people voting for heisman.....

If he found out on the 26th, the Heisman voting/award was already over.

Goes to show how weird the situation is. The person the scammers were impersonating was a childhood friend/family friend, so that's not necessarily false.

Making presumptions right now probably isn't a good idea if you want them to be credible. The "facts" are pretty smeared.

That's the last I comment on the guy of the field.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
The person the scammers were impersonating was a childhood friend/family friend, so that's not necessarily false.
It was?

#JagsOnly
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good write up of the info already known:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-01-17/manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-notre-dame-lennay-kekua

#JagsOnly
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
The person the scammers were impersonating was a childhood friend/family friend, so that's not necessarily false.
It was?

Heard it on 1010xl. Kind of speaks to the overall accuracy. I have no idea how much truth there is to it. Said her family was invited to the field durin the USC game.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Mr. V

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
So why is Teo slipping all of a sudden?

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I wouldn't take him at 33.

Why not?
Its A Sabotage wrote:
NFL execs and other players hire murders, robbers, etc, some of the worst people, and can and will tolerate it. They do not like it when someone lies to them. I never really viewed Manti as high as the media did, and have had him as my #3 LB for quite a bit [currently have Arthur Brown and Khaseem Greene rated over him]. He has average at best speed and reacts to plays slowly. Poor tackler, who was only viewed highly for his story, which is why you see some Heisman voters wanting their vote back, but thats a different issue. Hell, Jarvis Jones and Jadeveon Clowney had better years then he did.

I don't view him as highly as most. I like Kevin Minter over him as well.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
jagman777

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give a crap about this whole story from a football perspective; Manti just ends up showing he's a pretty big, guillible idiot, which I'm sure there's plenty of in the NFL already. He lied to save himself some face, which is dumb, but it's not like he stabbed anyone.

That being said, he's not good. If we take him at 33 I'll puke. Minter is so much better.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
According to the story, they were supposed to meet up in Hawaii several times and she didn't show. He probably was excited about their meeting and told people about them going to happen, and when they didn't, he had to cover for it. Then he had to keep it up.

It's tricky and he probably should have come clean. But I don't think it's damning.

Then again, he may have made the whole thing up.
Jags

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000128326/article/manti-teo-says-he-was-not-involved-in-girlfriend-hoax

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000128326/article/manti-teo-says-he-was-not-involved-in-girlfriend-hoax

why not squash the rumor when it started?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:

What rumor?

#JagsOnly
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:

What rumor?

The hoax, i guess i should have said, didnt this start a while ago?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: