Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Finally!!! Someone agrees with me (Draft another QB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a brave man bringing an Omar Kelly article in here Ovaw8. For some reason a lot of people dont like his style. Laughing

As for drafting another QB, why not? I think that was one of Mueller's philosophies that I really agreed with back in 2007. Funny thing is I never saw him follow through with it.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of drafting another QB. Despite our abundant needs, I'd be fine with burning a 2nd round pick on a QB if the value was there. I'm not sold on Tannehill, I didn't like the pick, and I thought we picked him for the wrong reasons, but I did see potential throughout the year and I'm hoping he can make Huge improvements next season since I'm not predicting our FO to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds this draft.
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devlin seems to be highly regarded by Philbin. He is going into his 3rd season so should be ready to be a #2 at this point. I still agree that we need to be open to taking another QB in the bottom of the 3rd or later. I just don't believe that you can have to much talent at QB. Buy low, develop them and if you don't need them then sell high.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO i like the Quarterbacks that we have on our roster currently. Unless KC goes in a different direction in the draft (which they won't unless Geno bombs his combine or pro day) Matt Moore will be retained by Miami at a decent back up salary. Devlin did a heck of a job in the preseason i just wish i could have seen more of him in the regular season.

Besides the point Miami has to many holes to burn a QB pick in the top 4 rounds (unless we have an outstanding FA period). I would like to see Miami invest a late round pick on Jordan Rodgers. He had some big games playing against defenses that will put a lot of players into the NFL.

One other thing to note i want to see Tannehill with some weapons. We can arguably say that we had the worst receiving corps in the NFL. Lets add a TE and WR in FA and also pick up another WR in the draft and lets see how Tannehill preforms.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Dolphinemidget wrote:
I think we should draft the best players on the board period, I think with Moore moving on (and he will) Miami has a ton of picks (which I hope we keep and trade out, we have too many needs) but if we get inot the 3rd+ rounds and their is a QB on the board if he is the best player there take him. If nothing else he takes 3rd string Pat Delvin who has looked nice in practice and pre season can be bumped to 2 and fight Tanney for the job in traing camp.

You think? It only makes sense for Moore to move on for a starting spot. If he is going to be a backup he may as well do it in Miami. Moore is not a starter in the NFL. The teams looking for a QB are weighed down by bad contracts (Arizona). He is not going to Oakland and beat out Carson Palmer. I predict he will remain in Miami. Miami will pay him a decent backup salary. I guess I can see him going to KC but they are going to draft a young QB. He will be in the same situation all over again. I do not think that is worth him moving his family.

No gonna predict what Moore may or may not do but ...
The word circulating around the Oak neighborhood is that Palmers knee injury was substantial.

I guess we are gonna find out what this regime thinks about P. Devlin one way or the other.
My money is on Tanneyhill to prevail & improve significantly.

sug
Roy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, drafting a QB will be a waste of a pick.
Fender

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like the idea of wasting a mid-round pick on a QB when we have such a dearth of talent everywhere else.

If Tannehill proves to be 'not' the man, then at least we tried and went for broke with a hi-ceiling prospect.

If he proves to be a wash-out then we should try again with another high, first round pick until we find a franchise QB; because the odds are pretty horrible that we are going to find a SB mvp in the mid-rounds.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me some offensive weapons first.
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible article, if we get Tannehill some weapons and give him a running game he can be a solid QB

he can make all the throws and he has enough mobility to take off and make some plays.. drafting another QB would be a waste of a draft pick IMO
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to keep looking unless you know what you have is elite.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft a QB with our last third or in the 4th and I won't complain.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on Moore really. but normally I would go along with the theory of picking up at least one qb each year, I wouldn't draft a qb in the first four rounds this year though because of Tannehill and the fact that I'm not overly sold on any QB prospects. If one of the so called top 3-4 drop somewhat and present ridiculous value then so be it.

^^^Kempes^^^
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
Depends on Moore really. but normally I would go along with the theory of picking up at least one qb each year, I wouldn't draft a qb in the first four rounds this year though because of Tannehill and the fact that I'm not overly sold on any QB prospects. If one of the so called top 3-4 drop somewhat and present ridiculous value then so be it.

Even with Moore. Is he elite? Is Tannehill (I hope, but I think he might be more above average/good than elite, but against ask me after next season. My opinion changes all the time with more info)

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOOSE A SCENARIO:

1. Draft a QB and carry 4 QBs

2. Draft a QB and let Matt Moore walk (Thus making Tannehill our most experienced QB on the roster)

3. Draft a QB and cut Pat Devlin so you can keep Matt Moore as veteran presence.

4. Factor in the fact that our OLine had players playing out of position and struggling rookie switching positions for a fist time head coach and newly installed offense. Then come to the conclusion that we need to address the other areas before you evaluate the QB position.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
CHOOSE A SCENARIO:

1. Draft a QB and carry 4 QBs

2. Draft a QB and let Matt Moore walk (Thus making Tannehill our most experienced QB on the roster)

3. Draft a QB and cut Pat Devlin so you can keep Matt Moore as veteran presence.

4. Factor in the fact that our OLine had players playing out of position and struggling rookie switching positions for a fist time head coach and newly installed offense. Then come to the conclusion that we need to address the other areas before you evaluate the QB position.

5. Tannehill, vet, Rookie/Devlin whoever is worse of the bottom three is cut/traded. Rookies can win you games as shown this season. Ideally your backup quarterback is a guy you are comfortable with to start 2-4 games in a season and keep you afloat.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: