Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Titans Draft Thread(We Own Pick #10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I feel like the only person who doesn't care about this fake girlfriend thing.

Whatever happens with the ultimate findings, it will prove he's either a liar or an extremely naive individual, and for someone who is hyped up as a leader, this doesn't bode well.

I stated well before the national championship, Te'o shouldn't go in the top 20, and with this, as well as the combine, his stock will tank.

But hey! Let's take him #1 overall Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
I feel like the only person who doesn't care about this fake girlfriend thing.

Whatever happens with the ultimate findings, it will prove he's either a liar or an extremely naive individual, and for someone who is hyped up as a leader, this doesn't bode well.

I stated well before the national championship, Te'o shouldn't go in the top 20, and with this, as well as the combine, his stock will tank.

But hey! Let's take him #1 overall Laughing

I don't like him as a player either.

I just don't care about the girlfriend thing, lol. It's weird, to say the least, but it's not like he murdered someone. I'm not gonna label him the worst person ever for it.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing and Te'o was supposed to be some great leader. People wanted him to lead our defense. Guy wasn't even that great before this incident, now his draft stock could plummet.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a bizarre story. I find it very hard to believe he was that gullible, but even more hard to believe he would be that malicious. I'm leaning toward him not being involved in the hoax, but telling some little lies because of the embarrassment of having an Internet girlfriend that you had never met.

I remember thinking something didn't sound right about the story at the time, but figured it was that Teo wasn't that crazy about her and figured it would only embarrass her to say, "Uh guys, she's not really my girlfriend."

I'd have real reservations about taking him at 10, but would jump all over a 2nd rounder if he falls that far. Assuming he's really innocent in this, can you imagine the weight of trying to hide the fact that you wasted two years of your life on a hoax? Can you imagine getting a call in the middle of the ESPY's from your girlfriend who you thought died last month? Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Such a bizarre story. I find it very hard to believe he was that gullible, but even more hard to believe he would be that malicious. I'm leaning toward him not being involved in the hoax, but telling some little lies because of the embarrassment of having an Internet girlfriend that you had never met.

I remember thinking something didn't sound right about the story at the time, but figured it was that Teo wasn't that crazy about her and figured it would only embarrass her to say, "Uh guys, she's not really my girlfriend."

I'd have real reservations about taking him at 10, but would jump all over a 2nd rounder if he falls that far. Assuming he's really innocent in this, can you imagine the weight of trying to hide the fact that you wasted two years of your life on a hoax? Can you imagine getting a call in the middle of the ESPY's from your girlfriend who you thought died last month? Shocked

How can you have a girlfriend for that amount of time and never meet her in person, video chat, skype or anything? This whole thing does not pass the smell taste. As I said after the national championship game, don't want him at #10 and the way his stock is falling I would not take him until the 2nd round(depending on Senior Bowl & combine). At the rate he is going he will be this year's Vontaze Burfict.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
How can you have a girlfriend for that amount of time and never meet her in person, video chat, skype or anything?

It sounds like he was talking to a real girl on the phone - she just wasn't who she was pretending to be. I can see not meeting her in person, but yeah - in this day and age, you'd think video chat or skype would have been a staple of the relationship. I'm curious to see how Te'o answers the questions today.

The phone records would be easy to check so I have to assume Notre Dame and the private investigators would have learned quickly that Te'o was lying about the whole thing. The fact that Swarbrick backed him so strongly yesterday - and really didn't flinch at the tough questions - leads me to believe that he has no doubt that Te'o is just a victim.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very crazy story....

As far as his talent and play goes, he is still a guy I wouldn't mind at MLB. But the whole character angle is pretty much shot. Too many questions about him now. He can work his way back in good graces, but I don't have the patience for that. We need someone at MLB now, without distractions.

Players have routinely messed up and had their talent outweigh any wrongs they have done. Ray Lewis is perfect example. So many forget about his past trail, which was still kind of sketchy.

Anyway, can't take him at #10 with this many questions surrounding him. Hopefully we attack the MLB positin in FA or later in the draft. I don't want to just assume McCarthy will be ok and be left at the alter with no MLB. (Teo-Style).

LOL I MEAN REALLY???? Does someone need to have a talk with him and let him know Santa isn't real either?....
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Very crazy story....

As far as his talent and play goes, he is still a guy I wouldn't mind at MLB. But the whole character angle is pretty much shot. Too many questions about him now. He can work his way back in good graces, but I don't have the patience for that. We need someone at MLB now, without distractions.

Players have routinely messed up and had their talent outweigh any wrongs they have done. Ray Lewis is perfect example. So many forget about his past trail, which was still kind of sketchy.

Anyway, can't take him at #10 with this many questions surrounding him. Hopefully we attack the MLB positin in FA or later in the draft. I don't want to just assume McCarthy will be ok and be left at the alter with no MLB. (Teo-Style).

LOL I MEAN REALLY???? Does someone need to have a talk with him and let him know Santa isn't real either?....

My favorite quote was someone on FF saying Te'o is going to tear up the combine now... he's playing for deceased imaginary friends everywhere. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly as a fan, I could care less about this online romance or whatever because that was his personal business as far as I'm concerned. And of course the media will blow it up like they do anything else they sink their teeth into. And just like the bunch of mindless drama-hungry sheep that society is, they'll eat it up, swallow it whole and beg for more. I think somebody played a cruel joke on the guy because I find it pretty hard to believe that this was some stunt that he pulled himself. What possible motive could he have had that would've made any kind of sense for him to do it? Now people are going to try to torpedo everything about this kid's character.

The best response he can give to shut everybody up, IMO, is to bounce back with a monster game at the Senior Bowl and kill it at the combines and Pro Day. This incident should have no bearings on his ball skills although people will act like it does.

Last edited by Dionysus on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Mels first mock draft he has us going with Dion Jordan. Thoughts??? He also said we could go other directions like Warmack and Cooper. If we cant get a big time DT then my votes Warmack seems like the safest pick in the draft from what iv read so far in a few different mocks

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/NFL-Draft-Analyst-Mel-Kiper-Offers-First-Projections/992c2340-6bf9-4d50-b11e-74a9d46f95d8

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
In Mels first mock draft he has us going with Dion Jordan. Thoughts??? He also said we could go other directions like Warmack and Cooper. If we cant get a big time DT then my votes Warmack seems like the safest pick in the draft from what iv read so far in a few different mocks

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/NFL-Draft-Analyst-Mel-Kiper-Offers-First-Projections/992c2340-6bf9-4d50-b11e-74a9d46f95d8

Assuming both Star and Moore are off the board at #10, I wouldn't be too interested in taking another DL at that time. I wouldn't have any problem with us taking Chance Warmack at that spot. After doing a little more digging, I have a lot of interest in Barrett Jones as well. He can play all 3 positions on the O-line, and kicks a$$ at it. Adding him would give our O-line a lot more flexibility between OG/C and even kick out to "right" OT if we need. Let's say we re-sign Fernando Velasco (C/G), sign Andy Levitre (OG), trade back and get in extra pick (or two), then take Barrett Jones (C/G/T). Thoughts?
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

Assuming both Star and Moore are off the board at #10, I wouldn't be too interested in taking another DL at that time. I wouldn't have any problem with us taking Chance Warmack at that spot. After doing a little more digging, I have a lot of interest in Barrett Jones as well. He can play all 3 positions on the O-line, and kicks a$$ at it. Adding him would give our O-line a lot more flexibility between OG/C and even kick out to "right" OT if we need. Let's say we re-sign Fernando Velasco (C/G), sign Andy Levitre (OG), trade back and get in extra pick (or two), then take Barrett Jones (C/G/T). Thoughts?

Makes too much sense, soooooo won't happen Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I am cool with that if they move back to take Manti Teo's girlfriend in the 2nd round. Laughing Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

I am cool with that if they move back to take Manti Teo's girlfriend in the 2nd round. Laughing Laughing

We already have an invisible player in Michael Griffin lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

We already have an invisible player in Michael Griffin lol

Applause Laughing

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 4 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 2 Assist 1 Sack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 17 of 62

Jump to: