Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chud's Chums Chit Chat (Coaching Staff Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
If you look at AZ's defense, there is no reason not to want the guy.
+1


Sure, if you want to be one season into a 3-4 transition and having to look for a new DC all over again, because the guy you just hired does not want to be a DC in Cleveland... no reason at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20918
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
If you look at AZ's defense, there is no reason not to want the guy.
+1


Sure, if you want to be one season into a 3-4 transition and having to look for a new DC all over again, because the guy you just hired does not want to be a DC in Cleveland... no reason at all.


Well maybe being passed over 6 times this year will make him realize maybe teams don't consider him ready. Maybe he realizes he needs to prove himself more.

I like the idea of Tucker as well, but Horton has more experience in the 3-4 if that's what we are going with.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
If you look at AZ's defense, there is no reason not to want the guy.
+1


Yup, Patrick Peterson

Kerry Rhodes

William Gay

Gregory Toler

Rashad Johnson

Adrian Wilson

5th fewest passing yards

10th fewest passing TDs

only one more sack than the Browns (5 from DBs vs the Browns 3.5 from DBs), but 7 more INTs and 6 more PDs from the DBs

Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertical offence with a power running game with a 1 gap 34 aggressive Lebeau style D.

I know Haslam wanted to import the things he leaned in PA but the whole dang blueprint?
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Vertical offence with a power running game with a 1 gap 34 aggressive Lebeau style D.

I know Haslam wanted to import the things he leaned in PA but the whole dang blueprint?


When you say "aggressive Lebeau style", do you mean like the crap aggressive 3-4 defense he ran with crap players in Cincinnati after he transitioned them from the 4-3 (his second time with the team), or do you mean the good 3-4 he ran in Pittsburgh when he walked in the door to an established 3-4 roster that had been there for many years and still was the DB coach for his first 3 years while the defense continued to excel under Capers?

Maybe you mean the 3-4 defense that he returned to in 2004, after his brief stint as a head coach for 2 teams, when he improved the Steelers 3-4 from a perennial top 10 defense to #1 overall with only players like Aaron Smith, Kimo von Oelhoffen, Casey Hampton, Joey Porter, James Farrior, and Troy Polamalu to work with.

I can easily see that happening here, minus the decades of drafting and developing 3-4 talent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31363
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds so weird to say something like this but I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back.... I want to be on you...wait what, that didnt come out right

just throwing this out...is it safe the Browns have a coaching staff with one of the highest ceilings in the NFL now???

Im not the biggest fan of Horton but only because he can leave us in a year but he is a very good young DC. We have a great offensive duo in Chud and Norv, we have Norvs son as a WR, and we have kept our old offensive line coach, and kept some other coaches
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owner: Jim Haslam
CEO: Joe Banner
GM: Michael Lombardi (old Brown)

HC: Rob Chuzinski (old Brown)

OC: Norv Turner
OL: George Warhop (carry over) + Mike Sullivan (old Brown)
WR: Scott Turner (Norv's son and Chuds chum)

DC: Ray Horton

ST: Chris Tabor (carry over)

Strength & Conditioning: Brad Roll


should be interesting to find out the other position coaches....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31363
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Owner: Jim Haslam
CEO: Joe Banner
GM: Michael Lombardi (old Brown)

HC: Rob Chuzinski (old Brown)

OC: Norv Turner
OL: George Warhop (carry over) + Mike Sullivan (old Brown)
WR: Scott Turner (Norv's son and Chuds chum)

DC: Ray Horton

ST: Chris Tabor (carry over)

Strength & Conditioning: Brad Roll


should be interesting to find out the other position coaches....


well I swear I heard on the radio that Chud and them brought in their own offensiveline coach but also are keeping the Browns old offensive line coach. I swear I heard something like that
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Owner: Jim Haslam
CEO: Joe Banner
GM: Michael Lombardi (old Brown)

HC: Rob Chuzinski (old Brown)

OC: Norv Turner
OL: George Warhop (carry over) + Mike Sullivan (old Brown)
WR: Scott Turner (Norv's son and Chuds chum)

DC: Ray Horton

ST: Chris Tabor (carry over)

Strength & Conditioning: Brad Roll


should be interesting to find out the other position coaches....


well I swear I heard on the radio that Chud and them brought in their own offensiveline coach but also are keeping the Browns old offensive line coach. I swear I heard something like that


you heard right...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLAbrownfan


Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 3816
Location: OCA-L.A. , Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is this brad roll from?
_________________

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
where is this brad roll from?


Quote:
Roll has worked as strength and conditioning coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1993-95), Buffalo Bills (2004-05), and Oakland (2008-12), as well as the assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Miami Dolphins (1996-2003) and St. Louis Rams (2006-07).


http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Turner-named-Browns-offensive-coordinator/475d03b3-911a-4ee7-a13e-57c73f69f5fd
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 teams wanted to interview Tabor, we blocked them then extended him 2 years so now he is signed through 2015 season.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1965
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
If you look at AZ's defense, there is no reason not to want the guy.
+1


Sure, if you want to be one season into a 3-4 transition and having to look for a new DC all over again, because the guy you just hired does not want to be a DC in Cleveland... no reason at all.


This is a big concern of mine. Unless he sucks, Horton might be gone with a couple years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42390
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
If you look at AZ's defense, there is no reason not to want the guy.
+1


Sure, if you want to be one season into a 3-4 transition and having to look for a new DC all over again, because the guy you just hired does not want to be a DC in Cleveland... no reason at all.


Hopefully the Jets suck next year because then we can go after Rex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7925
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
If you look at AZ's defense, there is no reason not to want the guy.
+1


Sure, if you want to be one season into a 3-4 transition and having to look for a new DC all over again, because the guy you just hired does not want to be a DC in Cleveland... no reason at all.


Hopefully the Jets suck next year because then we can go after Rex


Absolutely.

It's not as if Ray Horton is they only guy who knows how to run a 3-4.

If he get's a HC job, it'll be because our defense was damned good. If that's the case I'm sure the next guy will be able to do similar things with the talent.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group