Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 General Draft Prospect Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: 2013 General Draft Prospect Discussion Reply with quote

New thread. The guy who started the last one no longer exists anyway.

Continue.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Draft Prospects Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
JustisM is Manti Te'o's girlfriend Shocked
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 Draft Prospects Reply with quote

justo wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
JustisM is Manti Te'o's girlfriend Shocked
I loled. BTW, how awesome is this Packers forum? 100 pages of draft talk before the East-West Shrine Game, I don't think the Colts forum has made 100 pages of anything in the history of ever.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have always been a huge Tyrann Mathieu hater, couldn't stand him. Where does everybody else stand on him? As much as I hate him for how dumb he is and not having good measurables, and maybe I am off my rocker, but I think there is a chance he is what we need on defense. He isn't a great cover guy but he is excellent at stripping the football, only guy I can think of that is better is Charles Tillman. Is he worth a 6th round gamble?

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
So I have always been a huge Tyrann Mathieu hater, couldn't stand him. Where does everybody else stand on him? As much as I hate him for how dumb he is and not having good measurables, and maybe I am off my rocker, but I think there is a chance he is what we need on defense. He isn't a great cover guy but he is excellent at stripping the football, only guy I can think of that is better is Charles Tillman. Is he worth a 6th round gamble?

I don't think he has the physical tools to ever be much at the NFL level. It would be a major matchup problem if teams could isolate him against any decent sized WRs. I also question all the off the field stuff and his dedication/work ethic.

6th or 7th round? UDFA? Sure off chance he could be worth a flier, but I'd bet he's going to get abused in coverage at the NFL level if he even gets much of a shot.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the history of LSU players and drugs and "dealing"....idk, man. I know you shouldn't look at schools/coaches and assume all the players are the same, but it scares me in this case. Even if he didn't have that problem he still would have been a risk that spent a year out of football. I'm interested to how he will play (if he does) in the NFL. I'm gonna go ahead and let someone else take the risk though.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:

Pacman Jones-ish. Probably won't be anything more than a NB/RS in the NFL and I don't think he fits what we like in our CBs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of favs in round one:

DE Margus Hunt-gonna test very well, has some phenomenal natural skills, but real raw yet. Coaching and a few more pounds could turn him into that stud do-it-all DE we've been looking for

ILB Alec Ogletree-a bit of a wildcard, but love his aggressiveness and skill set. Good blitzer and quite athletic and LAYS DA WOOD! His big issue appears to be proper gap filling, which is a problem in a 3-4, but it is a coachable issue.

If we trade back into top of round 2:

ILB Kevin Minter-not as dynamic as Ogletree, but a very sound player overall. Was absolutely all over the field for LSU.

TE Tyler Eifert-not a big fan of a TE in round one, but in the top/middle of round 2, he has legitimate value to GB as a very good pass catcher.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
With the history of LSU players and drugs and "dealing"....idk, man. I know you shouldn't look at schools/coaches and assume all the players are the same, but it scares me in this case. Even if he didn't have that problem he still would have been a risk that spent a year out of football. I'm interested to how he will play (if he does) in the NFL. I'm gonna go ahead and let someone else take the risk though.
Your probably right, IDK what got into me, read everything I have ever said about that kid and you would think he beat me up and took my lunch money. Just how soft we are as a team eats me up, that guy is not afraid of anything hence the honey badger name. I am completely enamored with seeing this team become more nasty.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
Your probably right, IDK what got into me, read everything I have ever said about that kid and you would think he beat me up and took my lunch money. Just how soft we are as a team eats me up, that guy is not afraid of anything hence the honey badger name. I am completely enamored with seeing this team become more nasty.

There are so many concerns about Mathieu... First and foremost, his character is a huge concern for me. He indeed reminds me a lot of Pacman without the decorated collegiate career and ridiculous speed.

The next concern is his size. The guy is 5'9 175 lbs. That's incredibly small for the NFL.

I'd just have to say no all the way around with Mathieu.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be my board at 26 with the projected available players

1) Alec Ogletree ILB
2) Tyler Eifert TE
3) Manti Te'o ILB
4) Barrett Jones OL
5) Matt Elam S
6) Kevin Minter ILB
7) Alex Okafor DE/OLB
Cool Terrance Williams WR
9) Margus Hunt DE
10) Jesse Williams NT
JDB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last poster in the old thread brought up Devin Taylor. I think he would be a great mid round pick, round 3-4. A few articles recently say the staff wants more length on D and dudes 6'8 with long arms. I'm a USC fan and think he fits more at a 34 DE than I did 3 years ago. When he got to campus he was around 215 lbs and put on some good weight over the years. He's up to about 280 now but he lost a step from his RS Soph year where he was All SEC. I thought he was a 4-3 guy then.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'd like the packers to get a receiver to replace Jennings. I'm really big on Cordarelle Patterson and Keenan Allen. Do you guys think either of them will be available by the time the Packers pick? I'd also like Robert Woods if we traded back a bit. I think he's going to be a very solid receiver. Justin Hunter seems like the biggest boom or bust guy. He was incredible before his injury, and I wouldn't be too upset if we picked him, considering his potential being a year removed from his surgery.

On the other side of the ball, I'm a huge fan of Kenny Vacarro, but I'm not so sure he'll be there when we pick. I'd also be totally fine with Matt Elam. Seems like a guy who can bring some fire to the secondary, but how are his coverage skills?

I was also wondering if someone could give me some brief scouting reports on these guys:

1. Cordarelle Patterson
2. Keenan Allen
3. Justin Hunter
4. Terrence Williams
5. Matt Elam
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I have a couple of favs in round one:

DE Margus Hunt-gonna test very well, has some phenomenal natural skills, but real raw yet. Coaching and a few more pounds could turn him into that stud do-it-all DE we've been looking for

ILB Alec Ogletree-a bit of a wildcard, but love his aggressiveness and skill set. Good blitzer and quite athletic and LAYS DA WOOD! His big issue appears to be proper gap filling, which is a problem in a 3-4, but it is a coachable issue.

If we trade back into top of round 2:

ILB Kevin Minter-not as dynamic as Ogletree, but a very sound player overall. Was absolutely all over the field for LSU.

TE Tyler Eifert-not a big fan of a TE in round one, but in the top/middle of round 2, he has legitimate value to GB as a very good pass catcher.

With you on that. I think a 2 tight end set with him and finley could be pretty scary for other teams. Then get all crazy n put cobb in the back field.. Shocked
motorcycle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the draft? I didn't watch much college games during the season, but thought if I started now I could get a 150 big board and positional rankings by April.

I was thinking looking at nfldraftscout and getting the top 10 at each position then erasing the round grade and then alphabetise the names so not to influence my rankings. Then scout at least 3 games for each player, make notes, then develop positional rankings, then make into a big board.

Anybody have any advice please?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: