Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Napoleon chased off Whisenhunt
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9478
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it's an epic battle between 2 reporters who've been wrong... a lot... this offseason.

Jason LaCanfora vs. Mary Kay Cabot

Mary Kay just wrote an article that refuted LaCanfora's report about Whisenhunt.

Quote:
The report, by CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora, said sources told him that Browns CEO Joe Banner and Whisenhunt failed to reach agreement on how much say the front office would have in rounding out the coaching staff.

The source told The Plain Dealer that no such control was requested by the Browns, and that the front office does not have that kind of authority now with new head coach Rob Chudzinski, who has free rein to hire his staff.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/report_that_browns_talks_broke.html

In defense of Mary Kay, she's been right more than wrong lately (the last week or so). I don't really know who's right in this case, but I do know that I much prefer Chud over Whiz as head coach.
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
And now it's an epic battle between 2 reporters who've been wrong... a lot... this offseason.

Jason LaCanfora vs. Mary Kay Cabot

Mary Kay just wrote an article that refuted LaCanfora's report about Whisenhunt.

Quote:
The report, by CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora, said sources told him that Browns CEO Joe Banner and Whisenhunt failed to reach agreement on how much say the front office would have in rounding out the coaching staff.

The source told The Plain Dealer that no such control was requested by the Browns, and that the front office does not have that kind of authority now with new head coach Rob Chudzinski, who has free rein to hire his staff.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/report_that_browns_talks_broke.html

In defense of Mary Kay, she's been right more than wrong lately (the last week or so). I don't really know who's right in this case, but I do know that I much prefer Chud over Whiz as head coach.
+1
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13488
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
And now it's an epic battle between 2 reporters who've been wrong... a lot... this offseason.

Jason LaCanfora vs. Mary Kay Cabot

Mary Kay just wrote an article that refuted LaCanfora's report about Whisenhunt.

Quote:
The report, by CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora, said sources told him that Browns CEO Joe Banner and Whisenhunt failed to reach agreement on how much say the front office would have in rounding out the coaching staff.

The source told The Plain Dealer that no such control was requested by the Browns, and that the front office does not have that kind of authority now with new head coach Rob Chudzinski, who has free rein to hire his staff.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/report_that_browns_talks_broke.html

In defense of Mary Kay, she's been right more than wrong lately (the last week or so). I don't really know who's right in this case, but I do know that I much prefer Chud over Whiz as head coach.


Sounds much like a National source wants to make the Browns look bad or a Cleveland Source wants to make the Browns look good.

Either or.

Still happy we didn't bring him in.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
CanaDawg


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 709
Location: CanaDa
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:


Napoleon managed to conquer half the world. If we can get that kind of result I'm ok with it.


+1 and he got marie antoinette too


Actually Louis XVI was married to Marie Antoinette


That Marie Antoinette had quite the hairdo. We gotta put her up there at the start of a GDT next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17282
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
64 CHAMPS wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Is comparing our president to the greatest leader of the modern era supposed to be an insult?


u must be joking...


Napoleon managed to conquer half the world. If we can get that kind of result I'm ok with it.


I hope we can do better than .500 football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tully305


Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Posts: 1809
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we need more than anything around here is a culture change.

The culture of losing, the mediocrity on the field, the lack of national attention, being the butt of jokes about the city. It all needs to change. NOW!

We need to come out swinging. We need to knock people in the mouth. If we aren't talented enough to win a game, then we need to send the winners home beaten and bloodied and saying to themselves "God I don't ever want to play them again!". We need to not expect to lose games like its our birthright. We need executives, coaches, and players who WANT to come here to win....we need these people and the fans to BLEED Brown and Orange!!

We need to be able to cheer our team to victory and shut up all those goddammed, obnoxoius Steelers fans. I want other teams players carted off the field, I want the stadium so dam loud that no one can get a play off. I want other teams to be afraid us....terrified that we're gonna run all over them and make their defense look like pusses. I want other teams to see our defense and want to quit football. I WANT>>AA><ALDJDKJOEIHFOIWHOIWDIWDIWOHOIHWDOIHWDOHDW


Dammm...I'm just so f-ing hype right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 2018
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
What we need more than anything around here is a culture change.

The culture of losing, the mediocrity on the field, the lack of national attention, being the butt of jokes about the city. It all needs to change. NOW!

We need to come out swinging. We need to knock people in the mouth. If we aren't talented enough to win a game, then we need to send the winners home beaten and bloodied and saying to themselves "God I don't ever want to play them again!". We need to not expect to lose games like its our birthright. We need executives, coaches, and players who WANT to come here to win....we need these people and the fans to BLEED Brown and Orange!!

We need to be able to cheer our team to victory and shut up all those goddammed, obnoxoius Steelers fans. I want other teams players carted off the field, I want the stadium so dam loud that no one can get a play off. I want other teams to be afraid us....terrified that we're gonna run all over them and make their defense look like pusses. I want other teams to see our defense and want to quit football. I WANT>>AA><ALDJDKJOEIHFOIWHOIWDIWDIWOHOIHWDOIHWDOHDW


Dammm...I'm just so f-ing hype right now.


Go to bed dad you're drunk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dnayew Khan


Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Posts: 1171
Location: SIU Law School
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Don't know what the big deal is.

Chud went 10 and 5 with DA

Wisenhunt couldn't do crap without a HoF Kurt Warner as QB.


He made it to a Super Bowl ya know...
_________________


Proud member of Gator Nation!

Less-Proud member of the Dawg Pound...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21510
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dnayew Khan wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Don't know what the big deal is.

Chud went 10 and 5 with DA

Wisenhunt couldn't do crap without a HoF Kurt Warner as QB.


He made it to a Super Bowl ya know...


WITH Warner

He's saying he couldn't do crap WITHOUT him.

Which is true
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 5043
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

GPTrix wrote:
Dodged a bullet if you ask me. I really don't like Whisenhunt.


He took the Cardinals to the superbowl... enough said.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group