Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Championship Round: Ray-Ray-Ravens vs Our Forefathers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can the Ravens win?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 36 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Call me....maybe?
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 52

Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Except his opinion was that of an idiot, which he proved to be with the tweets he posted. Not only were they dumb, but some of them were flat out wrong....calling the hurry up offense a gimmick??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's his opinion. I'm not arguing whether or not it's a valid one, or that I agree, or anything of the sort. My point is simply DTMB said "More power to him" in regards to a person posting their opinion on a social network site, like millions of people do each day. You seem to think that doing so somehow relates to "courage and heart". How? That's beyond me.

When someone says, "More power to them", it's my understanding that they aren't talking about doing something as average as posting a tweet, especially when said tweet is such an obvious ploy at attention, which was confirmed with his spygate and 18-1 tweets that followed.

Whatever his name is didn't do something out of the ordinary, he did something a kid in middleschool would do, talk trash on twitter. To me, "more power to him", doesn't quite fit.

Yes, it does.

More power to you simply means, "go for it!" So DTMB saying what he says means that Ayan isn't hurting anyone with his tweets, so... "Go for it". You don't own a monopolization on what an idiom means... How about you look at a few definitions, read the context of DTMB's message, and then report back at 0800.

I know he's not hurting anyone, I was just stating how it was stupid immature act, and the connotation "more power to him" doesn't usually go with such thing. Never said I owned the phrase, but I do know what it is basically used to mean, and supporting a dumb act, is not one of them.

Stop trying to be clever with your posts, it doesn't fit you.

If voicing your opinion via the internet is a "stupid immature act", then we certainly have a lot of immature people on this site.

Insulting an organization and bringing up past failures for absolutely no reason is immature to me, I guess we have different opinions on what that is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Just reading over the past few pages, is this REALLY what the argument has boiled down to leading up to the AFC Championship game? Discussing the semantics of a trivial expression? Really people? Razz

Are you really THAT surprised....its Pats vs Ravens, arguing over stupid stuff is what our fan bases do leading up to game, why change such rich tradition??? Laughing

What were we arguing about last year leading up to this game?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Again, the guy posted his opinion on a social network site. The fact that you continue to try to turn this into some "immature" and "irresponsible" act is hilarious.

Again, he's insulting an organization and bringing up past failures for absolutely no reason, I find that to be immature. If his opinion was simply that BAL was gonna win, the Pats hurry up offense wasn't as hard to stop as people perceived, then that would be fine, but when you bring up 18-1, spygate, and talking about running the fastest paced offense in the history of the game as "bita##ness", I find that immature. You must not.

Quote:
You were clearly taking a shot at him missing a single tackle and relating it to tweeting. Let's not try to twist things, shall we?

Sorry, but go back and read the statement I originally posted, it directly talks about having to play the team the upcoming week. It's okay, you misunderstood, it happens.

Quote:
Nice try.

Like I said, my apologies for not making it clear enough, I shall do so in the future.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Just reading over the past few pages, is this REALLY what the argument has boiled down to leading up to the AFC Championship game? Discussing the semantics of a trivial expression? Really people? Razz

Are you really THAT surprised....its Pats vs Ravens, arguing over stupid stuff is what our fan bases do leading up to game, why change such rich tradition??? Laughing

What were we arguing about last year leading up to this game?

I'd have to go back and check, I don't specifically remember because I was still kind pretty new to the site, but I can remember reading countless posts of well mannered "arguing" with jabs going back in forth. I wasn't saying that we get hostile towards one another, both fan bases definitely like take humorous jabs at the other tho.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably was something to do with "Can Flacco beat you guys?" coming off of our Houston victory Cool

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Greenlaser86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody see the billboard ticking down in Boston that says "Rays Retirement Party" 4 days..... etc?

Here they go again..... Evil or Very Mad

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127411/article/billboard-counts-down-ray-lewis-retirement-party?campaign=Facebook_atl_copeland
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenlaser86 wrote:
Anybody see the billboard ticking down in Boston that says "Rays Retirement Party" 4 days..... etc?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127411/article/billboard-counts-down-ray-lewis-retirement-party?campaign=Facebook_atl_copeland

So immature, classless, etc. Very Happy

BlaqOptic wrote:
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Probably was something to do with "Can Flacco beat you guys?" coming off of our Houston victory Cool

Well he definitely proved he could....here's to hoping that Flacco misses the flight to Boston Laughing
Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Greenlaser86 wrote:

So immature, classless, etc. Very Happy

More power to em!!! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Well he definitely proved he could....here's to hoping that Flacco misses the flight to Boston Laughing

Nah, his birthday is today, not Friday Wink

BlaqOptic wrote:
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anquan Boldin guarantees victory against Patriots: “We’ll win”

The Baltimore Ravens just can’t stay quiet, they just don’t care and wide receiver Anquan Boldin put that on public display. Every year they dismiss the New England Patriots, throw jabs, and then whine when they lose (more often than not). Boldin gave the New England Patriots more than bulletin board material, he gave them advice. Don't even bother to show up.

http://ewallstreeter.com/anquan-boldin-guarantees-victory-against-patriots-we-ll-win-7212/
Tom Brady Tribute
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's barely a guarantee. I expect more from size 18 font.

Dig the confidence though.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Laughing

And that article was complete trash journalism. I could barely stand to finish it. I go to it thinking there's going to be some crazy guarantee... and it was just:
"This game will be different... because we'll win".

And this guy somehow found the time to write this long of an article over one sentence.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Laughing

And that article was complete trash journalism. I could barely stand to finish it. I go to it thinking there's going to be some crazy guarantee... and it was just:
"This game will be different... because we'll win".

And this guy somehow found the time to write this long of an article over one sentence.

Lol I read two different articles on two different (reputable) sports websites about the same exact quote and neither of them even slightly hinted at any "guarantee". Rather they just talked about how much more hungry the loss last year had made the Ravens and what they said was going to be different this go-around.

The quoted article by Billy is nothing more than bias journalism at its finest and a perfect example of why the once prestigious art form has become somewhat of a joke in modern day society.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta admit, the Ray Lewis retirement party billboard is pretty funny. If I wasn't a Ravens fan, I'd be sorta into it.

Then again, Denver did a lot of the same stuff with radio ads inviting people to Ray Lewis' retirement party, and look how that worked out. Wink
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 9 of 52

Jump to: