Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the What's Frazier Done Right thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that after tonight, Frazier absolutely made the right choice in sticking with Ponder at QB.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say, last night confirmed something for me:

It matters where players are drafted. The Shanahans figured out how to use RGIII, and changed their entire offense. Musgrave, well, he had a nice regular season....but still needs work. I hope he and Frazier re-visit some things.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

It matters where players are drafted. The Shanahans figured out how to use RGIII, and changed their entire offense. Musgrave, well, he had a nice regular season....but still needs work. I hope he and Frazier re-visit some things.

So we should've changed our entire offensive philosophy in 6 days?!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

So we should've changed our entire offensive philosophy in 6 days?!

yes. Once they saw Webb "pass", they should have decided to run almost every play. They passed on 3rd and 2, twice I believe.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier, last night: “The effort they gave every single week over the course of this season, including tonight. These guys never let anyone put limitations on what they could achieve. They played as hard as they could and tried to do the very best they could to give us a chance to win. And I told them that after the game. We are all extremely proud of every one of them."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/185775401.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad this guy is our coach

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Postgame-Locker-Room-After-Packers-Loss/6798073e-ffb6-4927-b368-d526530b0313
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
I'm glad this guy is our coach

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Postgame-Locker-Room-After-Packers-Loss/6798073e-ffb6-4927-b368-d526530b0313

Agreed. I was hesitant early on in the season, but I'm a believer now. Yesterday just wasn't meant to be. Playoff experience is underrated in the NFL. Every year it's the seasoned guys who standout come the postseason. The Packers have been here before, and are ever stronger now. Yesterday was the first taste of the playoffs for Frazier and lot of guys. The team now know's what they are capable of and have had a glimpse of the postseason. I expect the team to be hungry next year. Hopefully after another successful offseason, we can make another run next year.

Maxx Williams For Mackey
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Yesterday was the first taste of the playoffs for Frazier

um, i guess as a head coach.

but he has two Super Bowl wins in his career.

Webmaster wrote:
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
Yesterday was the first taste of the playoffs for Frazier

um, i guess as a head coach.

but he has two Super Bowl wins in his career.

I should have distinguished the two. Smile

Maxx Williams For Mackey
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if it doesn’t generate much buzz, team building is a big, big deal in the NFL. And Frazier is proving to be a master at it, finding ways to keep his squad united and energized even through the inevitable discouraging slumps of a long season. It was one thing for players to buy into Frazier’s blueprint for success last spring when 2011’s disastrous 3-13 finish generated so much hunger for a bounce-back season. But it was quite another for Frazier to retain his team’s belief and buy-in when a skid of five losses in seven games pushed the Vikings to 6-6 in early December. That provided a fork in the road in the 2012 season. And the Vikings steered away from the “Here we go again” path and opted instead to channel their focus on winning four consecutive games to end the season. That they accomplished that goal, earning the NFC’s final wild card berth, provided validation for all Frazier had preached.

Now the Vikings have proof that Frazier’s coaching philosophy can generate significant success. And players have seen the results of retaining strong camaraderie and a contagious team work ethic. As defensive end Jared Allen said, receiving a reward for all the perseverance was essential at the end of a long season.

Jared Allen: “It’s like training a dog or something. You can’t just keep asking him to do something without a reward. So if what the coaches are asking you to do and the hard working isn’t paying off, it’s hard to come back and say, ‘OK, I’m going to keep hitting my head against this wall and hopefully I’ll accomplish something.’ To have the payoff of success [for us] is going to breed confidence and instill that trust that, OK, what they’re saying can lead to success. We’ve done it before. Next year, when we’re in tight situations, what if we’re 3-3? How are you going to handle that? Guess what, we’ve been 6-6 and had to make a run and we made it. I think having that kind of confidence, you hope everybody uses that the right way.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/187107701.html

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vikings Head Coach Leslie Frazier and Vice President of Legal Affairs & Chief Administration Officer Kevin Warren were recipients of Fritz Pollard Alliance “Salute To Excellence” awards on Thursday night in New Orleans.

http://blog.vikings.com/2013/02/01/frazier-warren-honored-at-fritz-pollard-alliance-awards-banquet/

Thx to Uncle Buck!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier really came on towards the final part of the season, in trying to maximize the personel he had. It was a nice change

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier really should be coach of the year. Indianapolis was a playoff team without a QB capable of making basic plays last year. I'd contend they shelved Manning to make sure they lost, as well. Frazier should be hands down the coach of the year for me. He has no passing attack. Vikes went from the 28th passing attack to the 31st last year, football outsiders has our run defense at 7, pass defense at 24, for a overall rank of 18th best defense. All we can do is run, win turnover battles, avoid penalties, play special teams. I think those things the vikings were good at are mostly coaching. Drafting Andrew Luck #1 overall is hardly coaching.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for Frazier . . . there were tons of people calling for his head . . . even when the team was 8-6, there were mock drafts being posted in this very forum wanting him replaced.

The man is not a Tony Dungy clone as many have said (although, they both were DBs lol) . . . he's a superb cocktail of player-manager-head coach. I honestly believe he's learned valuable lessons from Mike Ditka through Brad Childress on how to be a great head coach.

The true stamp of greatness is the one thing that's eluded Vikings fans for over 50 years . . . it's time to end that. May he lead the Vikes to hoisting that shiny football trophy.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings' Leslie Frazier received three votes in coach of the year voting.

Bruce Arians, who took the Arizona Cardinals coaching job after the season, became the first interim coach to win the honor. Arians, who was the Colts' offensive coordinator, took over the team in late September after coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia.

Arians received 36½ votes. Pagano finished second with 5½ and Pete Carroll of Seattle received five.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Adrian_Peterson_named_NFLs_Offensive_Player_of_the_Year020213

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: