Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3-4 Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: 3-4 Mock Draft Reply with quote

Free Agents

FS Jarius Byrd
Byrd will be the center fielder we need for our defense to take that next step. He is a ballhawk at the FS position. With Haden, Ward, and Byrd we are missing the young CB to complete our future secondary.

OLB Shaun Phillips
Phillips brings veteran leadership to the 3-4. He will be able to help the transition to the 3-4 and develop the OLBs we will be bringing in.

RG Louis Vasquez
We need to upgrade the RG spot. Lauvao is not "adequate" but literally holding us back. He does not upgrade our run or pass game and is just kind of there. We need to try to upgrade positions to get the most out of our offense.

QB Jason Campbell
Campbell is a big armed QB that can come in and compete for the backup spot. Campbell and Anderson were my options but Campbell is a smarter with the ball than Anderson which I prefer for my backup rather than a slinger.

RB Ronnie Brown
Brown will be the 3rd down back. We have been using Ogbannaya but he is not a threat to run the ball. Brown will keep defenses a little more honest.

TE Dallas Clark
Clark is someone who I think could help the offense. He will help bring the experience of an elite offense to the team and hopefully teach Cameron some things.

DE Kenyon Coleman
3-4 DE depth. He is familiar with the city and can help will the transition again.

WR Louis Murphy
Murphy is a big athletic receiver who can make some plays down field. With Gordon, Little, Benjamin, and Murphy we have some down field threats.

Draft

Trade 1st, QB Colt McCoy for mid 1st, 2nd

1. CB Jonathan Banks
We added the FS now we add the CB. Banks will be the #2 CB for the future across Haden. With Banks, Haden, Byrd, and Ward we should see a improvement in the pass defense even if the pass rush doesnt improve.

2. OLB Chase Thomas
Thomas is a guy I really like. He always seems to end up around the ball. He could be a very good 3-4 OLB who can find ways to get to the QB. He is smart and can defend the pass as well.

3. WR Da'Rick Rogers
Rogers is a guy with some concerns that caused him to slip. He is a 1st round talent which is why we take him. Rogers becomes our 2nd outside receiver. With Gordon and Rogers on the outside and Little in the slot we will create match up problems.

4. OLB Jamie Collins
Collins is a smaller school sleeper. He is loved by the people and coaches at his school and hyped up. He is very athletic and can develop into a useful defensive tool

5. CB Tyrann Mathieu
Another guy with some concerns but talent. With how long its been since we have been relevant it is time for some low risk-high reward chances. Mathieu can come in and be the #3 or 4 CB right away. He would be a play maker we can stick on the field and hope to cause some turnovers.

6. P Ryan Allen
Hodges doesnt have a leg anymore and we need to improve the punt game. Allen is one of the better punters in college.

7. FB Zach Line
Line can give us a big guy to develop as a blocker and another guy to catch and run out of the backfield. He has the size and strength to develop into a FB, only question is can he do it?

Depth Chart

QB Weeden/Campbell/Lewis
HB Richardson/Hardesty/Brown
FB Line
WR Gordon/Little/Rogers/Benjamin/Murphy/Norwood
TE Watson/Cameron/Clark
LT Thomas/Cousins
LG Pinkston/Greco
C Mack
RG Vasquez/Lauvao
RT Schwartz/Miller

DE Winn/Rucker
NT Rubin/Hughes/Kitchen
DE Taylor/Coleman
OLB Phillips/Thomas
ILB Jackson/Johnson
ILB Gocong/Robertson
OLB Sheard/Collins
CB Haden/Mathieu/Skrine
FS Byrd/Young
SS Ward/Gipson
CB Banks/Brown/Bademosi

K Dawson
P Allen
[/i]

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft

The FA outside of Byrd is ehhh.

So many over the hill players on that list.

Overall though, i'd be happy.

Banks would be sick.

Tho i have no idea how that Colt trade works out

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chase thomas is going back to stanford
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
chase thomas is going back to stanford

I was pretty sure he is a senior. link?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind I mixed him up with trent murphey
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown, Clark, Coleman, Cambelle, Phillips? No thanks. Those are the types of signings the board faulted Mangini for bringing in.

Jairus Byrd is not getting out of Buffalo. The tag for a saftey is only 6 something million.

Johnathan Banks has some serious endurance problems that scare me away. He is always sluggish and sucking wind in the middle of the game on.

I like Chase Thomas but he should not be relied on to be our main pass rushing threat. I think Thomas could actually make the move inside in a 34 defense in for the NFL.

I would switch Da'Rick Rogers for Travis Kelce because we need a play making TE much more than depth at reciever.

Jamison on the sig
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

all them big stanford white guy blinding together? Razz

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Brown, Clark, Coleman, Cambelle, Phillips? No thanks. Those are the types of signings the board faulted Mangini for bringing in.

Jairus Byrd is not getting out of Buffalo. The tag for a saftey is only 6 something million.

Johnathan Banks has some serious endurance problems that scare me away. He is always sluggish and sucking wind in the middle of the game on.

I like Chase Thomas but he should not be relied on to be our main pass rushing threat. I think Thomas could actually make the move inside in a 34 defense in for the NFL.

I would switch Da'Rick Rogers for Travis Kelce because we need a play making TE much more than depth at reciever.

+1 to the whole thing. nice post.

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Shane Skov and Ben Gardner also stayed.

http://www.mercurynews.com/stanford-cardinal/ci_22317912/shayne-skov-ben-gardner-announce-theyre-returning-stanford

Now to the mock.

Byrd would be awesome, but a Franchise Tag is probably coming his way. Would love to see him next to Ward, though.

Phillips is so-so, and should not be the primary move made at OLB other than Jaime Collins (more on him later).

Vasquez seems like the new popular OG to mock to the Browns. Seems obvious enough, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen.

Campbell is pretty much garbage, but we could do worse at backup QB with Derek Anderson being on the market.

Brown was one of my all-time draft crushes, but he has fallen off (and he was never really on to begin with). I would actually prefer Ogbannaya at this point in time.

Clark is a journeyman H-back at this point in his career. Would prefer re-signing Watson.

Coleman is the most unnecessary signing I have seen in any mock to date. We will have to cut a better lineman than him just to get to 53.

Murphy would have to be a vet minimum signing with no bonus, because I don't know if he's better than anyone under contract already in 2013. Rod Windsor could be just as productive for a fraction of the cost.

The trade down is crazy, and not in a good way. No team is going to involve McCoy in a trade of that magnitude. If he goes, we would be lucky to get a 5th for him (unless Holmgren gets hired somehwere). Leave McCoy out of the 1st round trade, and send him to San Francisco for a 5th since they'll be losing their backup and will need a low cost, somewhat mobile replacement on the cheap.

As much as people want to believe we'll find a trading partner, there is just nobody really worth trading up for. There are three QB-needy teams just behind us at 7(Cardinals) 8(Bills) and 9(Jets), but I just can't see that happening at this point. Maybe if some kid has a Pro Day that scouts rave "is the best I've seen in 50 years", but probably not.

1. Johnthan Banks. Not Jonathan. JOHN-THAN. That bothers me immensely. As such, I hate the pick. Also, what Kam said. Dat dude knows things. Much prefer a pass rusher here like Jordan, Mingo or whoever you think is worth it (I'll give you a clue who that is: it's Jordan).

2. Like I said earlier, not gonna happen. If so, Thomas is not even the best linebacker on his own team so doubtful that he's worth a taking here. After going ROLB in round 1 anyway like you should have, I'd go DB here like Tony Jefferson since we won't sniff Byrd.

3. Any mock with a WR picked in the first 3 rounds is logically unsound. Chud is a TE man, and TE is what we need here if we got a Jefferson or Elam in round 2. Travis Kelce, Dion Sims or (wild card) Levine Toilolo woud be good.

4. Collins is a decent pick, but I'm hoping we do better than "linebacker depth" with a high 4th rounder. Hoping someone really impactful falls here.

5. Mathieu is potentially really impactful. I would really like to see us draft him, but I can understand why there are some who wouldn't.

Hard to get excited about Fullbacks and Punters, but we seem to manage around here. Rather see free agents in each, and sign UDFAs to compete with said signings.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on ditch this is Cleveland we need FB talk
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I blame Maurice Carthon. Once he unveiled the FB Option Pass, it has been all we can think about.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I blame Maurice Carthon. Once he unveiled the FB Option Pass, it has been all we can think about.

Wait what..... We use to run a FB option. Where was i for that? That sounds awesome.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Wait what..... We use to run a FB option. Where was i for that? That sounds awesome.

It wasn't
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we sign a vet WR, then spending a 3rd rounder on a WR pick is the wrong way to go....im not for a beat up old running back in brown, we can get a UDFA to compet with ogbay...however you spell it...i like the idea of trading down, if we pick up a 2nd rounder...not sure we need to give up mccoy to do that or not.....i'm all for drafting a young corner to pair with Haden...i also like the gamble on Mathieu...although i have a feeling he will have an impressive combine...and someone may gamble a 3rd rounder if they have 2 picks in that round...just my opinion...good post though..i liked the clark signing a lot.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any FA's left for anyone else to sign?

Seems a little bit past completely unrealistic in that regard.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: