Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints lose Aaron Kromor to Bears:

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3164
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Saints lose Aaron Kromor to Bears: Reply with quote

In a move that is clearly centered around improving their offensive line, Bears new head coach Mark Tresman has hired Saints O-line coach Aaron Kromor as offensive coordinator.

What this means for the Saints... I actually feel it's a big loss. Sure Kromor wasn't a great interim HC but he has gotten alot of great play out of lesser talent on the offensive line.

The days of getting away with late round picks at tackle may be over for the Saints. The time may have finally come that we invest I. A top talent edge protector.

PS: I think this also means Jermon Bushrod will be an offseason target for Chicago.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned in our thread that Kromer has developed the guy who's widely considered the best OL in the NFL regardless of position in Evans, turned an OT at Nebraska into a top 3 OG. His first task is getting Gabe Carimi adjusted to the inside, 2nd will be recruiting Bushrod
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3164
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I mentioned in our thread that Kromer has developed the guy who's widely considered the best OL in the NFL regardless of position in Evans, turned an OT at Nebraska into a top 3 OG. His first task is getting Gabe Carimi adjusted to the inside, 2nd will be recruiting Bushrod


Tresman was a great hire... forget where he came from, the guy can coach offense. Kromor is a great O-Line coach who has a history of developing players.

Very good move for a line that really needed it.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6036
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it!
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm the only one who sees this as a "meh."

He coached up some of the best OGs in the league, but he didn't do JACK with our OTs and failed to get consistent run blocking outside of 1 or 2 games per season.

I don't think this is as big of a hit as some are making it out to be.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 2211
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to miss his ability to coach our O-line(seriously it's a good record), but other than that..............meh.

I'm sure we will pick up another O-line coach. Maybe someone from a NCAA team like Wisconsin who are known to develop good O-linemen?
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who sees this as a "meh."

He coached up some of the best OGs in the league, but he didn't do JACK with our OTs and failed to get consistent run blocking outside of 1 or 2 games per season.

I don't think this is as big of a hit as some are making it out to be.


Stinchcomb became apro bowler and Bushrod will likely see a huge contract this offseason. He also worked with Stief who was a 7th rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wow_junky


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 310
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget how good De La Puente has looked under Kromer. He was literally plucked off the street after 3 years of practice squad play and this year he was PFFs 2nd rated center. Playing between Grubbs, Evans & Nicks obviously helps, but Kromer deserves credit for his role in integrating him so well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who sees this as a "meh."

He coached up some of the best OGs in the league, but he didn't do JACK with our OTs and failed to get consistent run blocking outside of 1 or 2 games per season.

I don't think this is as big of a hit as some are making it out to be.


Stinchcomb became apro bowler and Bushrod will likely see a huge contract this offseason. He also worked with Stief who was a 7th rounder.


Probowls don't mean jack. Brees made our OTs look a lot better than they were.

And who cares if Bushy gets a huge contract, he doesn't deserve it.

Like I said, he did some serious work with our interior line, but our OTs and the lines motivation and consistency was always lacking.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thesolution


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 1884
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we can trade off Bushrod for Melton then I will be ok with Bushrod leaving.
_________________

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group