Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears name Bevell, Trestman, Arian as Finalists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Marc Trestman will be named Head Coach tomorrow morning. Book it.

And that'll be a great hire. Truth be told, although I'm still glad we landed Pagano, Trestman was my top choice for Indy last year,
dabears32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks official on Trestman:

Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
Marc Trestman, coach of the Montreal Alouettes, selected over #Colts OC Bruce Arians and #Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell.

Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
An NFL source just told me #Bears will hire Marc Trestman as the next head coach.

Gene

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
CFL! CFL! CFL! CFL!
He's a legit QB guru, who worked w/ Jay before the draft. A lot of good reviews for him.
Can you name a single successful NFL QB that the "legit QB guru" actually developed?

I don't mean one that was already successful when he got hired. I mean one that was his.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
CFL! CFL! CFL! CFL!
He's a legit QB guru, who worked w/ Jay before the draft. A lot of good reviews for him.
Can you name a single successful NFL QB that the "legit QB guru" actually developed?

I don't mean one that was already successful when he got hired. I mean one that was his.

Do you think it's a coincidence that during Rick Gannon's 17 years in the NFL, he recorded career highs in completion %, yards(by 1000), and passer rating, while winning the AFC championship under Trestmans only year there.. How about In his FIRST ever season as an offensive coach(QB Coach), he helps lead Miami to a National Championship, mainly in part due to the success of Bernie Kosar. Who in his next season with Trestman breaking school records in both completions and passing yards. Several years later, in his 2nd season as QB Coach/O coordinator of the Browns, he helped lead Kosar, and WR Webster Slaughter to a franchise record in passing yards, while leading them to the AFC championship game. Notice a trend? Success. Ill continue... In 97' in his first year as the Lions QB Coach Scott Mitchell passed for a career high and posted the 2nd most passing yards in franchise history. In 98' in his first season as Arizonas Offensive Coordintor, Jake Plummer had his 2nd best statically season of his career, while making the playoffs for the first time in 50 years. Hell even in the CFL, QB Anthony Calvillo hadn't made the all pro roster since 2003, a slump in his career only to win CFL player of the year, Grey Cup MVP, all at ~ 40 years old under Trestman. I never even mentioned his success in San Fran with Steve Young. Do a little research first homie.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll pick up the discussion here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510950&start=0

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: