Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the must have in draft. A game-changing impact player
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pass on Milliner just look at the Jets they've had two top corner, but when your lacking pass rusher you just cannot compete in this league if your talking about game changer I'm thinking Damontre Moore, Dion Jordan, or Jarvis Jones. Those dudes are game changers at any play Milliner is a solid corner but hes not going to truly change the game. Even with how successful our defense was this year when its clearly seen your missing an elite rusher you need to get and get that and with us being in a position to do so it wouldn't be wise to let one pass us by.
kelbot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
i dont even think we need another shut down corner. Its not like he will be assigned the #1. We just need someone who is going to be very solid. I think its just a bad idea to have two shut down corners because they are both gonna want big money a la the Bengals when they went that route and lost one of them in FA

I think getting a legit LB who can get after the QB can make a 2nd rd DB (if we trade for a 2nd rd pick), 3rd rd DB, or sign a DB. I think depending on who our DC I can we bring in a DB or LB from their previous teams. Just a hunch I have

The Bengals made a huge mistake not resigning Joseph. They paid Nelson, Geathers, and Clements a combined 16 million this year. Joseph cost 9.

I would rather have an elite pass rusher, too. But if BPA is a corner, I have no problem with that. There are plenty of needs. And corner is still a big one. Wallace, Brown, Smith, Boldin, Green. Plenty of reasons to have 2 great corners.

Almost every playoff team has (or will have to, in the case of Seattle) invest heavily in the secondary.

And I think this draft isn't nearly as bad as the 2005 debacle. I see multiple players with pro bowl potential in the first round. But none of them happen to be skill position players.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPA
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
BPA

Will probably be an offensive or defensive tackle when we pick.

Luke Joeckel and Star Loutelei apprear to be the best prospects in this draft.

To answer the original question, I think we have barely seen the surface of what Dion Jordan is capable of. To me, he's the Jason Pierre-Paul/Jevon Kearse/JJ Watt of this draft.

I have no problem picking him at 6. We'd be fools not to, really. He's the perfect disruptive ROLB/RDE/LEO for the hybrid defense that we're reportedly going to run. I will be severely disappoited if this team passes on him.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
BPA

Will probably be an offensive or defensive tackle when we pick.

Luke Joeckel and Star Loutelei apprear to be the best prospects in this draft.

To answer the original question, I think we have barely seen the surface of what Dion Jordan is capable of. To me, he's the Jason Pierre-Paul/Jevon Kearse/JJ Watt of this draft.

I have no problem picking him at 6. We'd be fools not to, really. He's the perfect disruptive ROLB/RDE/LEO for the hybrid defense that we're reportedly going to run. I will be severely disappoited if this team passes on him.

I like your style ditch. I've got it down to Jordan or Moore and Werner. All have shown their positive sides during the season. The offseason workouts will be interesting to see who pulls themselves away.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree if Moore is gone I would go Jordan

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
I like your style ditch.

NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPA is really a cop out answer...why even bother to type a post if that's all you're going to type? .and if an OT is BPA I highly doubt we will draft him....and very skeptical we draft a DT, either....i suppose we'll have a better insight after our FA signings(fingers crossed)....the thing about the FA signings is that we need someone who WANTS to come and play in Cleveland...hopefully the FAs will take a liking to the owners, coaches and the general youth movement on the roster.(again, fingers crossed)
mkk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At number 6 it would have to be D.Moore de/olb. he fits the hybrid defense with great production at both positions.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkk wrote:
At number 6 it would have to be D.Moore de/olb. he fits the hybrid defense with great production at both positions.

This is the guy I would want. I know that everyone jumped off the Te o bandwagon after 1 game. I think he will be a difference maker for whomever drafts him. He is going to work hard and get better....cuz that's what he does. He will also have a chip on his shoulder after getting killed in that last game.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Mr.Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not a first round pick or neccesarily a sexy top end defender but i think between Zach Urtz from Stanford, Michael Williams from Alabama, and Tyler Eiffert from ND, Cleveland needs to leave this Draft with a premier Pass Catching/Blocking TE.

This coaching Staff relies heavily on 2 Dynamic Tight Ends to help in the passing and running game and to get the ball out of the QBs hands quickly. Chud worked wonders with Winslow IIRC and Cam broke records when he had not only Olsen but Shockey as a solid #2 TE. We dont need to mention how Turner worked magic for Vernon Davis, Gates and Manumaleuna.

I think you guys should go for Urtz or Williams because i think Eifert is alittle too much like Cameron as a one dimensional pass catcher. Look at Baltimore, Pittsburg and Cincy. Those franchises all have atleast one great TE because that is crucial in todays league no matter Whoever plays QB for you guys next year...

give the ravens brohm, no way they pass him, we need a quarterback that is not retarded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: