Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Johnson's Future Uncertain?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
No way our OL is ranked first in the league, but they're a lot better than most give them credit for.

To put it in perspective. I believe Kansas City was #2.

For what it's worth...lol
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
No way our OL is ranked first in the league, but they're a lot better than most give them credit for.

Are you sure the list wasn't in reverse order? Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:

Are you sure the list wasn't in reverse order? Laughing

lol
I can't find it to verfiy...thats why it's for what it's worth...lol It was just on Local radio the other morning...lol
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the back you're talking about is Adrian Peterson then they're probably not worth the money. I'd say Johnson will be back next year, but I really wouldn't care either way. Running backs are a dime a dozen, and while not every runningback can bust the 80 yards on the daily like CJ does they also don't get stuffed as often as he does.

They won't spend the money elsewhere.... so we should resign him.
drewr4y

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1485515-the-tennessee-titans-should-cut-star-runner-chris-johnson

This article brings up great points. Chris Johnson and Locker don't really have that chemistry when there in there together. I would rather look for a more consistent runner in the draft. We should consider cutting him. Football is really a business these days and to be honest this looks like an efficient business move. But do you think we'd do it?

IM ALL ABOUT THE 80's
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drewr4y wrote:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1485515-the-tennessee-titans-should-cut-star-runner-chris-johnson

This article brings up great points. Chris Johnson and Locker don't really have that chemistry when there in there together. I would rather look for a more consistent runner in the draft. We should consider cutting him. Football is really a business these days and to be honest this looks like an efficient business move. But do you think we'd do it?

As much as it would make since to cut him from a cap space saving point of view. I don't see the FO doing it. They still have to spend the minimum to stay above the cap floor for the salary cap. Also it not like Bud is going to ok a big splurge into free agency if they do cut him and have all that additional cap space available.

I would rather let Ringer, Quinn Johnson and Harper walk. Keep Reynaud, Mooney & CJ. Draft a RB in the middle rounds that could take CJ's spot down the line.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
drewr4y wrote:

I would rather let Ringer, Quinn Johnson and Harper walk. Keep Reynaud, Mooney & CJ. Draft a RB in the middle rounds that could take CJ's spot down the line.

This right here is my thought exactly. Only difference is I'd draft a RB who can take more pounding and split the workload with CJ evenly, instead of CJ just being the featured RB. Then use CJ as the change-of-pace, 3rd down, and 2-minute offense RB. He runs tough, but he's not a ground and pound runner as I've said time and time before. In spite of what people want to believe, CJ is still too dangerous to just get rid of like he's yesterday's news. He's still our biggest threat on offense, and you have to know how to use your weapons in the grand scheme of things. The problem is our coaches are still trying to play checkers in a game of chess. How about we get some other weapons in our passing game that will actually scare defenses for a change, and we'll see CJ return to the elite ranks everybody's waiting to see.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him to the rams back to his "old head coach" Jeff Fisher, for there 1st round draft pick &, Draft Eddie Lacy?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Trade him to the rams back to his "old head coach" Jeff Fisher, for there 1st round draft pick &, Draft Eddie Lacy?

Perfect idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
derekfelty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

Perfect idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Wait, was that suppost to be a smart butt answer?
Or, was you for real?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im assuming he has to be cut in order for us to avoid a cap penalty?

Anyway. Cut him. Yes he has numerous explosive runs and he is a phenomenal blocker, but he is not consistent. Handing him the ball is often a drive killer because if he doesn't score a touchdown on that play we're now stuck in 2nd/3rd and long.

We need consistency from a runningback. Someone who averages 4 yards a carry and does just that.. gets 4 yards. They might get 7 one carry they might get 2 one carry, but that is a hell of a lot better difference than 85 yards every 30 carries and 29 yards on the other 29 carries.

If they use the money they save on him to actually sign other talent not at the runningback position... then go ahead.

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen. If you're not Adrian Peterson, then sorry boutcha.

Edit. Just read the above article and it seems to have read my mind:

"Instead of getting right with the cap and freeing up resources for the future, the Titans will keep rolling the dice with Johnson."

Last edited by TitanSS on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Obie09

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the line and he will be a top 5 back. Don't fix the line and Locker will struggle and CJ will struggle. We need a power back either way but the thought of cutting our only player that scares other teams is pretty ridiculous. If we cut Amano and and Hasselbeck, who each make 5 and 7.5 million next year, we would have WAY more cap space. We already have $19 million in cap space as of today. No use in cutting CJ. After next season it may be a 50/50 decision though with an entire new QB/coach etc..
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any running back is good when you have a good offensive line. Ditch him and prepare for the future.

We're going to get screwed on this and keep him because our HC is entering a lame duck season.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
Fix the line and he will be a top 5 back. Don't fix the line and Locker will struggle and CJ will struggle. We need a power back either way but the thought of cutting our only player that scares other teams is pretty ridiculous. If we cut Amano and and Hasselbeck, who each make 5 and 7.5 million next year, we would have WAY more cap space. We already have $19 million in cap space as of today. No use in cutting CJ. After next season it may be a 50/50 decision though with an entire new QB/coach etc..

THANK YOU! I don't think even Adrian Peterson would do too much more behind this O-line. He might be able to put up a little more fight because of his strength. But his YPC will go downhill as well if the defender is already breathing in his face as soon as he gets the ball. Again, revamp the O-line and add more weapons. You want an elite running game again? Then keep CJ, trade back and draft Eddie Lacy and create a strong 2-RB system. But I guess that would be considered as overkill to some people.

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I know a lot of people like to quote PFF stats about the offensive line to tell them how bad our offensive line is....

but there is some information out there about how they are the best "blocking line" in the NFL and how CJ has been performing.

Just throwing it out there.....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not sure how much weight I'd put into that, but...

Our offensive line was 31st at run blocking, and 19th at pass blocking.

What is interesting to note is that in the open field, our running game ranks 3rd in the league. So obviously once CJ has space, he does work.

Unfortunately, getting stuffed doesn't get him into that space.

The more I think about it, the more I want Warmack.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: