Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Divisional Round: Baltimore Rayvens @ Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is remembered more highly?
Ray Lewis
45%
 45%  [ 21 ]
Peyton Manning
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
Yes..
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 46

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW. How dumb is the argument that they lost because Rahim Moore made a bad play?

But but but....you only beat us because our players didn't play as good as yours.

Free Ray Rice
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
BTW. How dumb is the argument that they lost because Rahim Moore made a bad play?

But but but....you only beat us because our players didn't play as good as yours.
The evolution of bashing Flacco is really just incredible. First it was that he sucks in the playoffs, but there's nothing to back that up anymore. Now it's that 'all he can do is throw it deep' and that he just feasts on easy plays that the secondary gives him because a.) it's really easy to chuck the ball 60 yards downfield accurately with defenders in your face and the game on the line, b.) throwing it deep does not constitute an important part of a quarterback's game, and c.) they harp on his completion percentage while drooling over Kaepernick from the same night and also refusing to acknowledge that his completion percentage is artificially low precisely because we throw a lot of deep balls. Oh, and also, Joe Flacco sucks because he almost threw a pick in OT, which means that everything else he did doesn't matter because no one else has ever almost thrown a pick in NFL history.

NFL Gen goes full retard when it comes to Flacco and the Ravens. They decided long ago that he and the Ravens suck, so now every week there's a new excuse as to why whatever they accomplish is completely unimpressive because it doesn't fit with the assumptions they've already made.

Going back to the game, one thing that's going to get forgotten with the 'Rocky Mountain Rainbow' is the throw Flacco made on 3rd down in OT to find Pitta when we were pinned back in our own end zone. Tremendously clutch, and for my money one of the best throws I've ever seen him make. We ended up punting on that drive, but overtime is all about field position, and we don't win that game if we have to punt from our own end zone. They simply would have been too close to FG range. That sequence ended with Jimmy Smith making the huge tackle to keep Denver back deep in their territory on the punt (ironic after years of complaints about him specifically playing special teams), leading to Manning getting a little desperate and throwing that pick to Graham to set up the win.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well TBF... the special teams complaints about Jimmy Smith were for having him on KOs... which is known for being one of the most injury producing sequences in the game... with guys flying at each other... defenders and blockers... at full speed.

Had Harbaugh simply had Smith on punt coverage to start his career, you've got no complaints here. And Smith likely plays/practices and develops under Pagano as opposed to essentially having his rookie year see him have too little practice time with one of the best secondary coaches in football. Smith could still be where he's at now, had he not been hurt, but Pagano is usually really good at having his secondary players reach their potential.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Smith could still be where he's at now, had he not been hurt, but Pagano is usually really good at having his secondary players reach their potential.

Meh. I think it's a convenient excuse to pin Jimmy's progress on him playing special teams last year (and not having Pagano). Obviously, having Pagano around would be a huge benefit as far as developing secondary players, but I'm not really comfortable pointing any fingers at the coaching staff as far as Jimmy Smith is concerned. If Jimmy Smith doesn't make it, it's going to be his own fault. Even without Pagano, we have one of the most professional environments in the league and some of the best coaches, and even going back to last year when Pagano was still around, there were whispers and murmurs about Jimmy's commitment to the game.

The guy has all the talent in the world, and while the injuries are partly bad luck, I just don't get the sense that he's doing enough to help his career out. The repeated mistakes on double moves and such to me speaks to a lack of discipline and not enough film study. Compare Jimmy to say... Chykie Brown, who guys around the team are always raving about in terms of his commitment and potential to improve (Ed Reed even takes particular pride in calling Chykie his protege), and I think you have the difference between guys that are willing to fight for their spot in this league and a guy who seems to be coasting. Maybe losing so much ground on the depth chart will fire him up this offseason and the realization that with Cary gone it'll be his time to really step up, but right now I just don't have that much faith in Jimmy, and if he doesn't change the way he does things I don't think there's anything the coaches can even do about it.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

That argument is about as legit as us saying last year that Lee Evans was the reason we lost the game. It didn't lose us the game, Cundiff's missed field goal did. It just really really contributed to the loss.

Anyways, I was fine with Smith on ST now because he sucks as a corner. I had a problem with earlier in his career because he looked promising as a corner but right now Chykie, Cary and Graham are all better than he is, so it only makes sense to have him on ST. That play by him was huge, though!

But yeah, I agree that NFL Gen goes absolutely full retard in terms of Flacco. I can't believe the "he can only throw deep" argument is what they're leaning on right now, especially Pats fans. This is really all I can think of when it comes to Pats fans and this argument:

"ZOMGGG ALL BRADY CAN DO IS THROW DEEP!!!!"

Dear Patriots fans and NFL Gen:

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Going back to the game, one thing that's going to get forgotten with the 'Rocky Mountain Rainbow' is the throw Flacco made on 3rd down in OT to find Pitta when we were pinned back in our own end zone. Tremendously clutch, and for my money one of the best throws I've ever seen him make. We ended up punting on that drive, but overtime is all about field position, and we don't win that game if we have to punt from our own end zone. They simply would have been too close to FG range. That sequence ended with Jimmy Smith making the huge tackle to keep Denver back deep in their territory on the punt (ironic after years of complaints about him specifically playing special teams), leading to Manning getting a little desperate and throwing that pick to Graham to set up the win.

I agree. This was totally the turning point in Overtime.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Quote:
Smith could still be where he's at now, had he not been hurt, but Pagano is usually really good at having his secondary players reach their potential.

Meh. I think it's a convenient excuse to pin Jimmy's progress on him playing special teams last year (and not having Pagano). Obviously, having Pagano around would be a huge benefit as far as developing secondary players, but I'm not really comfortable pointing any fingers at the coaching staff as far as Jimmy Smith is concerned. If Jimmy Smith doesn't make it, it's going to be his own fault. Even without Pagano, we have one of the most professional environments in the league and some of the best coaches, and even going back to last year when Pagano was still around, there were whispers and murmurs about Jimmy's commitment to the game.

The guy has all the talent in the world, and while the injuries are partly bad luck, I just don't get the sense that he's doing enough to help his career out. The repeated mistakes on double moves and such to me speaks to a lack of discipline and not enough film study. Compare Jimmy to say... Chykie Brown, who guys around the team are always raving about in terms of his commitment and potential to improve (Ed Reed even takes particular pride in calling Chykie his protege), and I think you have the difference between guys that are willing to fight for their spot in this league and a guy who seems to be coasting. Maybe losing so much ground on the depth chart will fire him up this offseason and the realization that with Cary gone it'll be his time to really step up, but right now I just don't have that much faith in Jimmy, and if he doesn't change the way he does things I don't think there's anything the coaches can even do about it.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they use Jimmy to help take care of Hernandez in this upcoming game. He's got better size than our other corners and gives us better coverage than a LB or Pollard could.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they use Jimmy to help take care of Hernandez in this upcoming game. He's got better size than our other corners and gives us better coverage than a LB or Pollard could.

But there's no chance Jimmy can end his season Crying or Very sad

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

NFL Gen goes full retard when it comes to Flacco and the Ravens. They decided long ago that he and the Ravens suck, so now every week there's a new excuse as to why whatever they accomplish is completely unimpressive because it doesn't fit with the assumptions they've already made.

To be fair, it's not just the people on this forum. It's those actually in the media who speak from a public platform. Supposed 'experts' who continually run down the Ravens, and Joe Flacco in particular. Always looking to discredit the organisation wherever possible, to attribute their successes to outside factors and immediately jumping on any failures to say, 'see? I was right'.

They're already doing it again this year, with some of the NFL Networks expert contributors (okay, Heath Evans and Darren Sharper) saying the Ravens will be a 6-10 team next year. This is without seeing how this season plays out, without seeing what happens in free agency, without seeing what happens in the draft, and without seeing any of training camp or pre-season.

With examples like that to follow, it's not really a surprise that the braying masses struggle to do anything but spew the same nonsense.

Joe Flacco would still be called out as a "mediocre QB" even if he stormed past the Patriots, thrashed the 49ers or Falcons in the Super Bowl, and then led the Ravens to a perfect 19-0 season the following year. People would still find a way to give the credit to someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos fired their DB's coach today Laughing Laughing

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

Jump to: