Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complain all you want about Arians, it could be much worse. Half the staff at the UTSD wants Gruden.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Complain all you want about Arians, it could be much worse. Half the staff at the UTSD wants Gruden.

That's just because they care more about selling copy than the team actually doing well. Well... that and Canepa's just a clueless, greasy fat turd.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Whether you like it or not.....

Rotoworld wrote:
According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, "several people around the league and inside Chargers Park" have confirmed Colts OC Bruce Arians is the Chargers' top choice to replace Norval Turner.
The Chargers have kept a tight lid on their coaching search, but Arians' name continues to pop up. Among the league's most respected passing gurus, his hiring would be good news for Philip Rivers. The UTSD also reports the Bolts are expected to name either current personnel director Jimmy Raye or Colts' VP of football operations Tom Telesco their new GM on Wednesday. Telesco's hiring would obviously bode well for Arians.

So who does he bring in as an OC?

Odds-on favorite, if I was predicting one (not me picking who I'd want but who Arians is tied to), would be Harold Goodwin - one of the only guys to follow him from Pittsburgh to Indy. Sadly, Goodwin is Indy's OL coach... and we saw firsthand last weekend how horrible that line is (doesn't say much for improving what is our biggest weakness). The guy also has no play-calling experience.

I'm highly worried they're going to try and shove Cam down our throats (and that's not an improvement from Norv). The outside hope - and dear lord I'd love this - would be if Whisenhunt doesn't find a gig and Arians brings him in as an OC (i.e. the guy Arians actually replaced in Pittsburgh). I don't know that there's a ton of connection (Arians coordinated for Tomlin, Wis for Cowher), but it's possible.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
According to the Los Angeles Times, Chargers head coaching candidate Jim Mora is "likely" to remain at UCLA.
The Chargers have "contacted" Mora, but it sounds like former Falcons and Seahawks head coach is just gaining financial leverage out of the deal. The Times says UCLA will boost the pay of his assistants and improve the team's facilities. Mora signed a five-year, $11.235 million contract with the Bruins when he took over the program before this season.

Who would have thought Mora could pull a Chip Kelly?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this, but I just realized Troutman is already 25. Wow.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably doesn't mean much, but 3 of the 5 guys I've seen that the Chargers have interviewed at the Shrine game are WRs.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Probably doesn't mean much, but 3 of the 5 guys I've seen that the Chargers have interviewed at the Shrine game are WRs.

Link?

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Link?

It's according to Walterfootball, so it should probably be taken with a grain of salt though I usually don't mind them with this kind of stuff. It's when they try pushing their own opinions that they come off as stupid to me.

http://walterfootball.com/eastwest2013.php

For alternative reports and stuff though, sbnation is typically good for that.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Link?

It's according to Walterfootball, so it should probably be taken with a grain of salt though I usually don't mind them with this kind of stuff. It's when they try pushing their own opinions that they come off as stupid to me.

And in a way it makes sense. The guys at the Shrine game aren't typically guys that are Day 1 or often times even Day 2 prospects. Not to mention that our area of greatest need isn't exactly a strength of the rosters of this game (offensive line).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:

Link?

And in a way it makes sense. The guys at the Shrine game aren't typically guys that are Day 1 or often times even Day 2 prospects. Not to mention that our area of greatest need isn't exactly a strength of the rosters of this game (offensive line).

Yeah, there are certainly some interesting guys, and I'd like to see them interview Hawthorne, but I don't know if most of the top guys there are who we want.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: