Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars Offseason Survey (January)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. V

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguars Offseason Survey (January) Reply with quote

1. HC- Greg Roman
DC - Jim Tomsula (dline coach for San Fran)
OC - Pep Hamilton (OC for Stanford)

(copied and pasted from Bad meets Evil)

2. Run a hybrid

3. Zac Dysert

4. no deal for any

5. No one should be a surprise cut with the new GM, but 1 QB (Gabbert or Henne), Robinson, and Babin.

QB - allows Caldwell to bring in a veteran through trade/FA and a rookie and keep 3 QBs on the final 53

Robinson - concussions and easy contract to get out of

Babin - doesn't fit scheme, expensive

6. No idea right now

7. Too much to write, I'll pass for now

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Head Coach? OC? DC? ST if you care and more!?!?

Greg Roman is probably my favourite right now. As for the rest, whoever he wants to bring along with him.

2. 4-3 or 3-4

4-3.

3. Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Veteran QB (state who - not Tim Tebow or Michael Vick lololol), Rookie QB (state who)

Open 3-way competition between Gabbert, Henne, and a rookie selection. Best man wins the job. Personally, my choice for that rookie competitor is Landry Jones. But i wouldn't be opposed to Nassib or Dysert.

4. Fast 5: Deal or No Deal

- FB Greg Jones - deal, but only if it's on the cheap. otherwise no deal.
- LB Daryl Smith - deal.
- DT Terrance Knighton - deal, if he even wants one here. get the feeling he's inclined to test the market and go somewhere for a fresh start.
- CB Derek Cox - deal. don't let talented (if injury prone) CBs walk.
- WR Jordan Shipley - deal. great depth receiver with upside.

5. Potential Surprise Cuts (Max: 3 - give reasoning)

-Laurent Robinson: Guy's head is damaged badly. Combined with the poor fit and the salary stuff, i think he's out.
-Aaron Ross: Not really good at anything, but paid like he is. Cut.
-Jason Babin: Not really surprising i guess, but i don't want him back at that price. I'd keep him if the salary was reasonable though.

6. FA Targets/Signings - Who/Why? Trades?

FA:
-S.Vollmer - obviously of interest as he'd shore up that RT spot very nicely. if he hits FA though, he'll probably get more than he's worth.
-C.Avril - not a premiere pass rusher, but he'd still be a big upgrade adding him to our group, depending what happens with the draft.
-A.Levitre - if the Bills are foolish enough to let him go. he'd go a long way in solidifying the interior of our line. probably would command silly money though, as a top target for a lot of teams.

i'd also look at a few RBs:
-Chris Ivory - if he hits FA, he's got a lot of talent, but stuck in that Saints RB mess. there's the injuries as well, but he's worlds better than most of the depth guys we fielded this year, with potential to be a lot more.
-Peyton Hillis - i know, attitude stinks, but maybe another season of not being king has been enough to shake his head a bit. the guy can clearly carry a load, can also catch the ball and pass protect out of the backfield, and would be a solid complement to a more explosive slasher back.

-Would consider a reclamation project like Nnamdi Asomugha if he ended up cut as well. If the price was right. I mean he's been terrible, but it wasn't that long ago he was thought of as one of the top CBs in the NFL. At a lesser salary, it might be worth the risk.

Trade:
-MJD. Obviously would hurt to lose him, but a)we just went through a season without him anyway. b)wear on the tires. he's getting older and clearly slowing down prior to the injury...he's not going to be part of the future, sadly. get something in return while we can. c)the contract stuff. if he's gonna end up walking after next year anyway, might as well move him now. i wouldn't want to be the guy who signs him to a multi-year extension for significant dollars beyond next season. He's been a great Jaguar, but it's time to move on.

I'd be looking for a 3rd rounder PLUS.

7. - Fast 5: #2 (Give thoughts on each)

- QB Geno Smith - has some real talent, but every time i've watched him, just leaves me underwhelmed. a lot of flaws and not much of the wow factor. surrounded by weapons that make his job a lot easier, in a very suspect system. would be an interesting prospect later, but he's not a top-5 selection type QB for me at this point. case of a weak QB class driving up a stock artificially.
- QB Tyler Wilson - has less elusive Cutler/Romo type upside written all over him to me. a lot of tools and plenty of things to like...but also extremely inconsistent and has that 'gunslinger' mentality. the downside, is a reckless QB with questionmarks and a worrisome injury history with his concussions. I'm definitely interested if he's there at the top of the 2nd round...but he won't be.
- DT Star Lotulelei - probably the best choice if he's there at #2. at times maybe not all you'd want effort wise, but when he's on...he's the sort of player who completely changes your defensive front, and other teams have to gameplan against specifically. can be so disruptive around the line of scrimmage and at times straight up bully o-linemen. that sort of pass rush presence up the middle would be huge for our defence.
- DE Damontre Moore - solid prospect, doesn't strike me as the sort of game-changing prospect i'd want at #2, but in this class, definitely an option.
- DE Bjoern Werner - tons of upside, but questionable motor for me. really don't like seeing him ambling around casually behind the play in a lot of games.

8. Who should we take at #2, #33, and #64 (2 forfeited second round selections so would normally be #66)?

Hard to really sort out, as there are so many permutations at play, the whole thing is fluid and what happens in each round may influence what i'd want in the later ones. But roughly speaking...

#2: Either a trade-back scenario, or Star Lotulelei.

#33: Hope a guy like Barrett Jones falls a bit. Maybe a guy like Alex Okafor slides a bit, or someone else unexpected falls out of the first. Johnthan Banks? Otherwise, again, look to trade back. Someone's bound to spend all night falling in love with someone that slipped from the 1st round and jump the gun moving up for them.

#64: Blid Wreh-Wilson, CB UConn. Margus Hunt, DE SMU. Brennan Williams, RT UNC. Some of many guys i'd really like in the 3rd round. Would love to have an extra pick there. Think there's a lot of talent to be grabbed there. Plenty of guys i'd really want later in round 3 as well.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaguars Offseason Survey (January) Reply with quote

1. Head Coach? Greg Roman

2. 4-3 or 3-4: I still like the 4-3, but i wouldnt mind a change

3. Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Veteran QB (state who - not Tim Tebow or Michael Vick lololol), Rookie QB (state who): GENO

4. Fast 5: Deal or No Deal

- FB Greg Jones: ND
- LB Daryl Smith: D
- DT Terrance Knighton: D
- CB Derek Cox: D
- WR Jordan Shipley: D

5. Potential Surprise Cuts (Max: 3 - give reasoning)

Mathis, no reason just a weird feeling

6. FA Targets/Signings - Who/Why? Trades?

7. - Fast 5: #2 (Give thoughts on each)

- QB Geno Smith: Love em
- QB Tyler Wilson: Not as much as Geno
- DT Star Lotulelei: Incredible talent, but still a DT
- DE Damontre Moore: Great potential
- DE Bjoern Werner: High floor, low ceiling

8. Who should we take at #2, #33, and #64 (2 forfeited second round selections so would normally be #66)?[/quote]

Geno
J. Cooper
?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathis wouldn't be a cut situation - he signed a one year deal last offseason. The position really needs talent, so some pieces need to be added - but if Rashean was willing to sign a similar deal he did last season, he's be a very nice veteran presence who could play well in a pinch.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Mathis wouldn't be a cut situation - he signed a one year deal last offseason. The position really needs talent, so some pieces need to be added - but if Rashean was willing to sign a similar deal he did last season, he's be a very nice veteran presence who could play well in a pinch.

My mistake Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: