Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R Wilson Vs RGIII ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
A 5 year career Slateman? Come on man.

Given his style of play and the way the Shanahan's kept running him on that option, he was going to last 5 years before his body simply fell apart.

Look at his first season:

At least one concussion
Knee sprained
Tore ACL
Tore LCL
Tore meniscus

His body isn't going to recover in 4 years like it did this year. He MUST change his style of play.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

This is Slate we're talking about Turtle. Everything is doom and gloom, every back up is better than the starter on the Redskins and this is by far the leagues worst roster.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Given his style of play and the way the Shanahan's kept running him on that option, he was going to last 5 years before his body simply fell apart.

Look at his first season:

At least one concussion
Knee sprained
Tore ACL
Tore LCL
Tore meniscus

His body isn't going to recover in 4 years like it did this year. He MUST change his style of play.
he was not going to continue to play the way he did the first two months his entire career. Players evolve overtime, especially extremely mobile qbs as they age. As I keep saying look at the careers of Elway, Young, Cunningham and Vick. They've all evolved as they aged and become more pocket passers that can run some than when they were in their early 20s and many said ran too much.

He WILL change the way he plays just like all the very mobile qbs that came before him. As he develops more in reading defenses and becomes a better pocket passer he will run less.

He began to do this the final two months of the season after the Atlanta game when he got the concussion and they ran him less as the season went on. We have ZERO reason to believe that as his career goes on he will run less and less as he ages and as he becomes a more polished passer in the league.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

This is Slate we're talking about Turtle. Everything is doom and gloom, every back up is better than the starter on the Redskins and this is by far the leagues worst roster.
i know you're right but its just frustrating when a fan of RG3 and this team wants to join other teams fans in saying he doesn't think RG3 will play past 5 years.

I hope he proves them all wrong and plays as long as Brett Farve and all his doubters can go find another team to root for! Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mrdriii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we sure Slateman Is even a Skinz fan? I mean its the first time since 1999 we win the division. We host a playoff game. He's voted ROY in a publication and will probably get the NFL ROY too. He has a historic season statically and STILL Slateman is saying he'd rather have Wilson! Yes he was injured but not on a running play and his original injury wasn't on a running play.

I think we can all agree he brought a losing team together and got it to believe in itself and its leader. We now have greater expectations as well as aspirations and STILL he wants Wilson. By the way the rumor is that had Wilson been there at 102 we would have taken him.

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
Are we sure Slateman Is even a Skinz fan? I mean its the first time since 1999 we win the division. We host a playoff game. He's voted ROY in a publication and will probably get the NFL ROY too. He has a historic season statically and STILL Slateman is saying he'd rather have Wilson! Yes he was injured but not on a running play and his original injury wasn't on a running play.

I think we can all agree he brought a losing team together and got it to believe in itself and its leader. We now have greater expectations as well as aspirations and STILL he wants Wilson. By the way the rumor is that had Wilson been there at 102 we would have taken him.
yeah I heard that also. If Seattle hadn't taken Wilson we would have taken him over Cousins. They loved Wilson and for good reason.

Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:

I personally think Wilson's season was better. More importantly, Wilson has shown that he is just as capable as RG3. Their passing numbers are quite simliar. Wilson has shown that he is every bit as capable as RG3. We would have the same number of wins with Wilson.

Now, of course, that is hindsight. It's always 20/20. At the time, the vast majority of us, myself included, wanted the move. And RG3 has been everything we hoped.

But you cannot look at Wilson's performance and not wish that we had taken him in the third round instead of giving up so much for RG3. This team would be a lot better overall.

RG3's current style of play will not allow him to make it through the next five seasons and stay healthy. Period. He has already shown that. He cannot continue to run the option like he does. I'm all for his athletic ability, but until he learns how to pass from the pocket and read through progressions, he will be too reliant on his scrambling ability and it will get him hurt. Unless he changes, he will not make it through 5 seasons without another serious injury and/or missing games.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, The what ifs can drive you crazy! I think most people agree we didn't overpay for RGIII, but we sure gave up a lot.
Just gripes you that Seattle seems to have drafted a top notch QB with only a third round pick. Then we go what if in 2011 we'd moved up for Colin Kaepernick ..hmmm Think Probaly coulda moved from 41st to 36th for a 4th rounder.
Can someone tell me--I didn't see much of the 49ers game. I know Colin K rushed for 181 yards. Was that all scrambles , or a mix of scrambles and planned runs?
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Yeah, The what ifs can drive you crazy! I think most people agree we didn't overpay for RGIII, but we sure gave up a lot.
Just gripes you that Seattle seems to have drafted a top notch QB with only a third round pick. Then we go what if in 2011 we'd moved up for Colin Kaepernick ..hmmm Think Probaly coulda moved from 41st to 36th for a 4th rounder.
Can someone tell me--I didn't see much of the 49ers game. I know Colin K rushed for 181 yards. Was that all scrambles , or a mix of scrambles and planned runs?
what if we didn't trade back and took JJ Watt.

We could so this all day! Laughing

I'm happy we got rg3, he's the best qb in either the 2011 or 2012 class given what he had to work with and the fact that our team has the second most injuries in the NFL and he still won us the division. I don't think we win the division without him and I'm not sold that Wilson nor Kapernick would have won us the division given how beat up our defense was.

Both Kapernick and Wilson had the luxury of having two of the best defenses in the league. Can't say the same for rg3.

Rg3 overcame more than they did to get us to win the division.

Kapernicks runs were a mix of designed runs and scrambles. His biggest runs were on scrambles when he just took off, he didn't even give the wrs time to get open but he saw a huge lane and the packers were in man coverage so he could run for 20+ yds or one of his runs was a 56 yd TD.

lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mrdriii wrote:

I personally think Wilson's season was better. More importantly, Wilson has shown that he is just as capable as RG3. Their passing numbers are quite simliar. Wilson has shown that he is every bit as capable as RG3. We would have the same number of wins with Wilson.

Now, of course, that is hindsight. It's always 20/20. At the time, the vast majority of us, myself included, wanted the move. And RG3 has been everything we hoped.

But you cannot look at Wilson's performance and not wish that we had taken him in the third round instead of giving up so much for RG3. This team would be a lot better overall.

RG3's current style of play will not allow him to make it through the next five seasons and stay healthy. Period. He has already shown that. He cannot continue to run the option like he does. I'm all for his athletic ability, but until he learns how to pass from the pocket and read through progressions, he will be too reliant on his scrambling ability and it will get him hurt. Unless he changes, he will not make it through 5 seasons without another serious injury and/or missing games.

How would we be better overall? There is simply no guarantee that Wilson would've played well here and considering he's had the great fortune of playing with a defense that didn't constantly put his team in a hole he just hasn't had to overcome things the way RGIII has.
mrdriii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get your Wilson jersey and Seahawks hat yet? You probably should. I'm rolling with Griff, I was one of the first on the bandwagon during his last college season and I'm not about to get off now!

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: