Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

San Francisco vs Seattle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: San Francisco vs Seattle Reply with quote

I was going over the matchups for next weekends game, and I kept coming back to think that San Fran and Seattle's personnel are very similar.

QB-Both uber athletic, strong armed, good runners
RB-Both tandems are similar
WR-No big time receivers on either side, but all are reliable
TE-Davis is a better option, but Miller is a good pass catching threat
OL-San Fran has the more compete line, but Seattle has a great left side(including C)

Defensively-both are top 3 units. The 49ers have a better pash rush, but Smith not being 100% could be a factor. Seattle does have the better secondary, but the Niners arent too shabby either.

No matter the players, we will have to play 60 minutes to win this game, unlike taking a whole half off against Seattle. However, I do wonder that if playing another team that is similar to the one we just faced, could be blessing.

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9ers D will not Matt Ryan march down the field like he did to set up the field goal, and it will punish Matt Ryan all game long. It is more disciplined than the Seahawks D.

Their O-Line is also better.

Please beat the 9ers Sad
Italian49erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: San Francisco vs Seattle Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I was going over the matchups for next weekends game, and I kept coming back to think that San Fran and Seattle's personnel are very similar.

QB-Both uber athletic, strong armed, good runners
RB-Both tandems are similar
WR-No big time receivers on either side, but all are reliable
TE-Davis is a better option, but Miller is a good pass catching threat
OL-San Fran has the more compete line, but Seattle has a great left side(including C)

Defensively-both are top 3 units. The 49ers have a better pash rush, but Smith not being 100% could be a factor. Seattle does have the better secondary, but the Niners arent too shabby either.

No matter the players, we will have to play 60 minutes to win this game, unlike taking a whole half off against Seattle. However, I do wonder that if playing another team that is similar to the one we just faced, could be blessing.

Your analysis does not show any flaws but the fact is that right now Russell Wilson is way more a game changer than Colin Kaepernick is...and yes, my humble reply could contain traces of superstition...
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Healthy John Abraham and a rotation at DE that includes sidbury could help

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
CJ4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like a lot of the same match-ups we had against Seattle are prevalent here vs San Fran. Kaepernick is a more dangerous running option, although I think Russell Wilson is a better thrower. Our WRs should have a little easier time getting open against their secondary though, as long as we maintain protection in the pocket for Matty Ice.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree but their Receiving corps. is more dangerous and Kaepernick seems to be faster, although not necessarily as improvisational as Wilson

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Fran has a better offensive line, better linebackers, more punishing safeties, better WR (with Crabtree being unreal over the last month and a half), better defensive line (run stuffing & pass rushing) and let's not underestimate that they have a much better Head Coach.

But they also have worse running backs, cornerbacks, a TE who disappears and a spotty kicker as of late. Also, the 49ers haven't been able to win several games in a row this year. They could be due for a clunker... especially coming to the East Coast.

I think we need to abandon the stretch plays to Turner because they are going to be 3 yard losses. We need to use the pass to set up the run instead of the opposite last week. We'll need to bomb the Niners over the top of their slower safeties and convert several long passes. Abraham has to stay on the field and apply some pressure. We need a viable QB spy because I feel Kaep will run more than Wilson did. And it seems simple to say but we just need everyone to step up and play the game of the year.

Robust Perry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: