Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 1/14/12 Mock Off-Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
He isnt "soft" he should just be more physical IMO, he has shown flashes of great attributes both physicality and surprising athleticism but again not enough. There are quite a few other runningbacks i would rather have in that range, Montee Ball being one of them.

I would absolutely love something like Rex Burkhead later, I know he is coming off an injury but he runs so damn hard, if only Bell ran that hard Wink

And to compare Big Game to Bailey is apples to oranges.

I'm not comparing Holt to Bailey...although Holt compares to Wheaton...who you have objected to. Wink

Bailey compares to both Derrick Mason and Steve Smith. Would you take either of those guys? I think so. I think you're far too hung up on size. I'd rather have speed and route running ability than size.

I don't agree on Bell. I think he's pretty intelligent with his running style. IMO, Steven is stupid at times when he can make people miss on the second level but instead opts to lower his shoulders and try to run over them...which typically ends up in him tripping over them and falling forward for 3 extra yards...rather than picking up another 15 to 20 yards if he makes them miss. But even Steven shows the same type of jump cuts and overall cuts to make people miss in the hole as Bell.

When Bell needs to be physical and run hard, he does. He easily pushes the pile and is very hard to bring down. He lowers his shoulder and runs through defenders when it's necessary. He also has a vicious stiff arm. But at the same time, he picks up so many yards making people miss with his spin move and jump cut that there's no reason for him to be unnecessarily physical. As I said, same type of running style as SJ or Eddie George. Powerful when necessary and elusive when necessary. It makes him that much more dynamic and dangerous.

I like him A LOT more than I like Montee Ball.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
I like it. Personally, I would rather have Eric Fisher but I think he will be gone by the time we draft.

I really like Swearinger, personally never seen the hype Elam has been receiving. I think he is a bit overrated.

When it come to Bailey or Wheaton, I really think Wheaton end up being a 2nd round selection after the combine is said and done. Bailey in the 3rd I can really live with though. ONe of my favorites in this draft.

Love Lonnie Pryor as a FB though.

Yea, I had Wheaton as a 2nd rounder or I would have taken him.

I also think Fisher is gone.

Did you hear that Jasper Collins and Keenan Davis were the two most impressive WRs at the E-W Shrine game today?

No I havent, been at work all day. Do you have a link?

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-shrine-game-west-practice-notes-for-monday.html

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never objected to Wheaton, i only admitted to not knowing much about him.

And yes i do have an infatuation with big WRs especially when there are guys like Allen and Williams who have just as good if not better abilities along with their size. Furthermore, it is something we lack.

As for Bell & SJAX, much like my love for a big WR I also have more appreciation for RBs who are physical and shifty ie Ball, Burkhead, etc rather than bigger guys that are a little more one dimensional like Bell & SJAX. It really just comes down to personal preference.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
I like it. Personally, I would rather have Eric Fisher but I think he will be gone by the time we draft.

I really like Swearinger, personally never seen the hype Elam has been receiving. I think he is a bit overrated.

When it come to Bailey or Wheaton, I really think Wheaton end up being a 2nd round selection after the combine is said and done. Bailey in the 3rd I can really live with though. ONe of my favorites in this draft.

Love Lonnie Pryor as a FB though.

Yea, I had Wheaton as a 2nd rounder or I would have taken him.

I also think Fisher is gone.

Did you hear that Jasper Collins and Keenan Davis were the two most impressive WRs at the E-W Shrine game today?

No I havent, been at work all day. Do you have a link?

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-shrine-game-west-practice-notes-for-monday.html

Yep. That is some good news, I really like Josh Boyd though as well good to see him get some good praises.

jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Ive never objected to Wheaton, i only admitted to not knowing much about him.

And yes i do have an infatuation with big WRs especially when there are guys like Allen and Williams who have just as good if not better abilities along with their size. Furthermore, it is something we lack.

As for Bell & SJAX, much like my love for a big WR I also have more appreciation for RBs who are physical and shifty ie Ball, Burkhead, etc rather than bigger guys that are a little more one dimensional like Bell & SJAX. It really just comes down to personal preference.

Weren't you just complaining that Bell is too shifty? Razz

It's not really something we lack. We have Quick. What we lack is WRs who can get consistent separation...Bailey can do that...like Givens.

Allen and Williams will go Round 1. So it's not really a fair comparison.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha no no, he isnt too shifty its that when he tries to be powerful he doesnt always go hard. Again I like guys like Burkhead who are always running with a full head of steam. And yes SJAX lacks that as well, he could be so much better than he really is IMO
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Haha no no, he isnt too shifty its that when he tries to be powerful he doesnt always go hard. Again I like guys like Burkhead who are always running with a full head of steam. And yes SJAX lacks that as well, he could be so much better than he really is IMO

I'm not really sure what you mean. How does he not always go hard when he wants to be powerful?

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I'm not really sure what you mean. How does he not always go hard when he wants to be powerful?

Sometimes he gets twinkle toes instead of just lowering his shoulders, the way I see it... He should trust his size and power more, perhaps its trying to save his body extra unwanted punishment, but what good is a big power back if they only use it half the time?
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Sometimes he gets twinkle toes instead of just lowering his shoulders, the way I see it... He should trust his size and power more, perhaps its trying to save his body extra unwanted punishment, but what good is a big power back if they only use it half the time?

I'm not really sure that I agree. There are times when he needs to just lower his head and bowl into the pile instead of waiting for a seam but I've seen that with every HB. Generally, he does a pretty good of deciding whether it's best to use his spin or elusiveness or overpower guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: