Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeVier Posey Tears Achillies Tendon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: DeVier Posey Tears Achillies Tendon Reply with quote

Tough break for the kid. That type of injury takes at least 1 year to recover from. DeMeco Ryans had the same injury. Now WR have to be addressed this offseason. He was starting to come along as a rookie compared to Martin and Jean, who are rarely on the field when we do 3/4 WR sets.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't take a WR in the first 2 rounds or get one in free agency I'm gonna lose it. The passing game is AJ or bust and then we have games like today where Schaub doesn't even look AJ's way and our passing offense just becomes flat out pathetic.
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks. He was starting to come around he definitely was improving everyweek and he probably would have been the 2 WR next year.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
This sucks. He was starting to come around he definitely was improving everyweek and he probably would have been the 2 WR next year.

I agree he showed some good thing, needs to improve still, but he looked good late.

BUT, he will most likely miss a good portion of the season, at least not contribute much....wr should be a bigger need now, via fa or the draft, I prefer free agency
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

I agree he showed some good thing, needs to improve still, but he looked good late.

BUT, he will most likely miss a good portion of the season, at least not contribute much....wr should be a bigger need now, via fa or the draft, I prefer free agency

He should miss the whole season. Plus another year after that at a less player then maybe he becomes his old self.

And yes wr is def a bigger need, and we need to move on from the Lenotstar experiment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks. And I feel bad for him because he was coming on.

But there is one small silver lining. He was going to be the excuse the FO could use to not take a WR early. They can't anymore.

#JDI
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks for Posey since he really seemed to be playing better and growing as a player late in the season. This will most likely guarantee him 2 more years on the team, 1 on IR and another making a come back. Let's hope his surgery goes well and he does make a successful come back in a couple years. In the meantime WR just moved up the list of FA/draft needs.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the coaching staff stays patient with him. I think he'll be really good.

LORK88
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast forward 2 yrs. from now, how does a repaired and healed achilles tendon affect a WR? What's it do to his speed, cutting ability/change of direction, explosiveness? I've read that it limits a players explosiveness and speed, that they are forever a little slower than they were pre-injury. We all saw that it seemed to slow Demeco down.
LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Fast forward 2 yrs. from now, how does a repaired and healed achilles tendon affect a WR? What's it do to his speed, cutting ability/change of direction, explosiveness? I've read that it limits a players explosiveness and speed, that they are forever a little slower than they were pre-injury. We all saw that it seemed to slow Demeco down.

Demaryius Thomas is the most recent WR to come back from it.

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:

Demaryius Thomas is the most recent WR to come back from it.

This is what I thought of when I heard the news. Thomas is a beast now so I have hope that he will come back fine.
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame. He had clearly separated himself from Martin and Jean and was encroaching on Walter's time as the number two receiver. This could be career-ending for a receiver.

Posey needs to get on the phone with Peterson's surgeon, trainers, and PED dealer if he wants a shot at a comeback.

Until then, I will be pimping my new, totally-not-me friend, DHopkins_Texan.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, I don't want to see anyone hurt, but at least this takes any typical delusions of coaches or fans that this guy was the answer based upon a highly limited sample size late in the season (especially the TD catch late in a blowout that will be memorable because it was reversed on review, but it wouldn't had to have been if he had just made the catch without bobbling it). This is a 3rd round pick that caught 6 balls in the regular season and 3 in the playoffs. All that makes him is a first year bust. He's done no more on the field to justify being counted on than the 2 stupid preseason games two years ago that had fans and Kubiak convinced that he could be a #2. Saying he had "separated himself" from the other 4 bums means nothing more than saying Fred Bennett at one point separated himself from 4 other crappy corners until he played enough to look as bad as the rest of them.

It's about time the Texans realize that if they ever expect to get to a Super Bowl with a QB over Manning, Brady, Ben we have to have people around Schaub that overcome the distance between Schaub & hall of famers (or enough firepower on defense to get to them like the Giants did). Stick someone like Torrey Smith on this team and we've got a fighting chance.

The Texans strike me as being stuck in the same place the Oilers were in the 70's where the Steelers were just better than them everywhere but RB and the Oilers never put enough offensive talent around Earl to compensate for the difference between Bradshaw/Swann/Stallworth and Pastorini/Stabler and our playmakers.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancakes just tweeted that we've officially activated Posey off the PUP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was extremely skeptical of the selection of Posey during the draft, and my skepticism continued throughout most of the year, it seems that he's working extremely hard to come back and help this team. While I still think some better decisions could have been made with that draft pick, there's nothing we can do now. I'm gaining more and more belief in Posey. The reports I've read state that he's been doing everything he can, and the alacrity with which he's returned from a very serious injury is definitely commendable. This was a big step in changing my mind on this kid, and hopefully he continues because I'll be happy to admit that I was wrong if he can be a difference maker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: