Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Draft as Seen by Pundits

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EccentricFan


Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 915
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Bills Draft as Seen by Pundits Reply with quote

This is Buffalo's portion of the draft as seen my half the mock draft writers circulating their theories on the internet. It is not meant to be serious.

Trade Alert:

Buffalo trades 2013 1st, 2013 6th, 2014 1st, and their 2015 1st and 2nd to the Chiefs for the first overall pick.

1. Ryan Nassib - QB, Syracuse. As is commonly said, Buffalo can't wait until the second, or even late in the first to draft him, because he might not be there. Buffalo needs to make sure they get their guy, no matter the cost. While, even at 8, that's seven picks before them that could be Ryan Nassib. This is the only way to guarantee we get him.

2. Alec Lemon - WR, Syracuse. While generally projected as a day three talent, the continuity of bringing over a WR who played with Nassib under Marone is too valuable to risk waiting. Sure there are other WRs draft experts think are much better than could be available, but remember, continuity trumps all.

3. Brandon Sharpe - OLB, Syracuse. Another predicted day 3 talent, and it gets a little murkier here being on the defensive side of the ball, so the continuity with Nassib can't be argued.

However, Marrone knows him better than any of them, and that obviously means his knowledge lets him know that Brandon is much more valuable than all of those pundits think. Since we all know that a deeper familiarity with a player has no chance whatsoever to lead you to believe they're actually being overrated by pundits, or even that the pundits are more or less correct. Thinking they're drastically underrated is the only possibility.

4. Shamarko Thomas - SS, Syracuse. George Wilson is getting old, and here's a replacement that Marrone can trust, so no matter how many people call reach, you can bank on him being drafted here by Buffalo. What, you think Buddy Nix might not simply let Marrone run the draft even if he does feel Shamarko is worth it here? Don't be silly. Everyone knows hiring him was part of a package deal that included taking his players.

5. Marcus Sales - WR, Syracuse. Most people believe he won't be drafted at all, but remember this: There's more than one WR on the field at once. It wouldn't be fair to Nassib to only get one of his weapons from college.


Analysis of Draft:

I commend to many pundits and amateur draft writers for picking up on Nassib's connection to Marrone so quickly and drawing the only possible conclusion from that. Because we all know that no college coach turned head coach has ever let his GM pick a QB from another school when his own QB was still available.

That said, I'm sure it's just an oversight that will soon be corrected that they didn't catch on to their being other Syracuse players in the draft. They should all start looking more like this draft by the time April rolls around.

Now some might think too much was given up to move into the first spot overall, but remember this: We only had to give up a sixth this year to swap firsts. And each year that goes by means Marrone will be less and less familiar with Syracuse's players. That makes the other draft picks given up much less valuable than they would at first seem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2336
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be the most initial effort ever exercised in an attempt to troll in the history of the internet?!? Given the ridiculousness of the draft picks alone, I would have thought that this cannot be a serious post, but I recognize the name as a past Bills poster... So, what's the deal? Why are we even wasting money paying scouts this year? Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10266
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Could this be the most initial effort ever exercised in an attempt to troll in the history of the internet?!? Given the ridiculousness of the draft picks alone, I would have thought that this cannot be a serious post, but I recognize the name as a past Bills poster... So, what's the deal? Why are we even wasting money paying scouts this year? Confused


EccentricFan wrote:
This is Buffalo's portion of the draft as seen my half the mock draft writers circulating their theories on the internet. It is not meant to be serious.


I dont really know what the point of this thread is but yeah ...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2336
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Could this be the most initial effort ever exercised in an attempt to troll in the history of the internet?!? Given the ridiculousness of the draft picks alone, I would have thought that this cannot be a serious post, but I recognize the name as a past Bills poster... So, what's the deal? Why are we even wasting money paying scouts this year? Confused


EccentricFan wrote:
This is Buffalo's portion of the draft as seen my half the mock draft writers circulating their theories on the internet. It is not meant to be serious.


I dont really know what the point of this thread is but yeah ...

I missed the bolded.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EccentricFan


Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 915
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Could this be the most initial effort ever exercised in an attempt to troll in the history of the internet?!? Given the ridiculousness of the draft picks alone, I would have thought that this cannot be a serious post, but I recognize the name as a past Bills poster... So, what's the deal? Why are we even wasting money paying scouts this year? Confused


EccentricFan wrote:
This is Buffalo's portion of the draft as seen my half the mock draft writers circulating their theories on the internet. It is not meant to be serious.


I dont really know what the point of this thread is but yeah ...

I missed the bolded.


I was trying to use humor to point out how absurd some of the logic used to justify Nassib at the 8th overall pick is, but I suspect I failed and had it just come out too much as venting.

Not surprising since I've gotten a bit frustrated with Nassib popping up as our first in so many mock drafts lately. I've been analyzing, and watching, and reading over opinions on him ever since Marrone was hired and this is just too much of a reach.

If we stayed put and waited till the second, I think we'd still have a better option for QB than him. I'm not even convinced he's second round talent.

Honestly, barring the trade up for Nassib in this mock mock (sic), none of the ridiculous selections I've made would bother me as much as taking Nassib at the 8th overall pick.

I mean really, what's a bigger reach? A 5th round talent going high in the second round, or a 2nd-3rd round talent going 8th overall?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2336
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Could this be the most initial effort ever exercised in an attempt to troll in the history of the internet?!? Given the ridiculousness of the draft picks alone, I would have thought that this cannot be a serious post, but I recognize the name as a past Bills poster... So, what's the deal? Why are we even wasting money paying scouts this year? Confused


EccentricFan wrote:
This is Buffalo's portion of the draft as seen my half the mock draft writers circulating their theories on the internet. It is not meant to be serious.


I dont really know what the point of this thread is but yeah ...

I missed the bolded.


I was trying to use humor to point out how absurd some of the logic used to justify Nassib at the 8th overall pick is, but I suspect I failed and had it just come out too much as venting.

Not surprising since I've gotten a bit frustrated with Nassib popping up as our first in so many mock drafts lately. I've been analyzing, and watching, and reading over opinions on him ever since Marrone was hired and this is just too much of a reach.

If we stayed put and waited till the second, I think we'd still have a better option for QB than him. I'm not even convinced he's second round talent.

Honestly, barring the trade up for Nassib in this mock mock (sic), none of the ridiculous selections I've made would bother me as much as taking Nassib at the 8th overall pick.

I mean really, what's a bigger reach? A 5th round talent going high in the second round, or a 2nd-3rd round talent going 8th overall?

Venting! Got it. Yeah, I would blow a gasket if we took Nassib with the 8th pick. Understand this, all those pundits really are, however, is just entertainers. They need to consistently put out new stories to keep relevant. To make some cash. It doesn't mean they are an authority on anything though. Just chillax. If Marrone does convince the FO to take Nassib at #8, I'll buy the eggs so you can egg OBD! Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group