Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, i wouldn't mind any scenario of the first 2/3 rounds if we end up taking someone like Marquess Wilson in the 3rd/4th. But i honestly see him making it back to the 2nd round after the combine. He's a #1 prototype.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given what Golden did this year, I would be game to pick Wilson in the 3rd/4th. The O-Line is more important at this point.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I want DJ Wearinger in round 4, I'd even take him in round 3

DJ Swearinger passes the eyeball test, and on top of it he's a guy players rally around, he looks like a Seahawk type defender. I see him probably moving into the third round.

TAKING THE NFC NORTH BY FORCE - 2014
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

DJ Swearinger passes the eyeball test, and on top of it he's a guy players rally around, he looks like a Seahawk type defender. I see him probably moving into the third round.
i think he's exactly what we need to bring a lot of variety and creative to the defense

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

i think he's exactly what we need to bring a lot of variety and creative to the defense

one mean looking dude, talked to him one time ever other word was ****

WINTER IS COMING
23trufant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks Mock Draft
1) Keenan Allen, WR – Cal
Allen is in my opinion the top WR in the entire draft. He does have some injury history but I think he can truly develop into a very good #1 target. He has great hands and runs good routes with very good acceleration and solid speed. He is versatile being able to play the slot, line up outside, and Iv even seen him line up some in the backfield, also lets not forget he is a fantastic punt returner. He is dangerous with the ball in his hands, coaches will try to get him the ball in a variety of ways, bubble screens, quick passes, and reverses.
2) Zack Ertz, TE – Stanford
Zach Miller played great down the end off the season for Seattle but he has been bit injury prone, and his backups have been less than stellar. McCoy has played ok at best when given opportunities but Ertz could be a real weapon for Wilson. He has awesome size and slipping him and Miller out on two TE formations would be fun to watch. I think Wilson would be very satisfied with this pick. Ertz was Stanford’s most reliable pass catcher this past season.
3) Brennan Williams, OT – UNC
Before his injury I could have seen Williams getting into the early second round. He has great size and looks like he could be a good player for a long time at RT. He can be effective in the running game and the passing game. He help pave the way for UNC’s Giovanni Bernard’s record setting season, and was just as good buying time in the pocket for Bryan Renner to find his WR’s downfield.
4) Kwame Geathers, DT – UGA
Geathers has been over shadowed a bit a UGA because of Johnathon Jenkins, but I think Geathers is going to have a very good NFL career. He has great size, 6’6 355, and is still quite athletic, moving very well with his body. He comes from some good genes too as both his older brothers played football in the SEC. His brother Robert Geathers is on the Bengals and producing well, while his other brother is a safety on the Colts. I think his size and talent will help Seattle if they can’t resign Branch or Jones, possibly both.
5) Kevin Reddick, LB – UNC
Reddick has been a starter since his freshman season and has always produced. UNC’s defense struggled quite a bit this season but I wont put that all on Reddick. I think he can come to the NFL and be a contributor. He can play special teams and be a solid back up to Bobby Wagner. I’m not sold on him being versatile enough to play multiple LB positions on defense but he can make a difference. He doesn’t miss tackles and is in the right spot almost all the time. His 40 time could be a major factor in where he gets drafted, he has talent and size, I think if he pulls off a good 40 time at the combine he could go 2nd day.
6) Sio Moore, LB – Uconn
I think Moore has some real talent. He may slip in my mock to the 6th round but I think if he gets drafted by the right team he is going to make an impact, that may be on special teams right away but I wouldn’t be too surprised if he was getting at least some consideration for a starting job in acouple years.
7) Colin Klein, QB – Kansas State
Obviously the success he had in college is going to be impossible to recreate in the NFL, but he has some talent and a lot of people are talking about him going undrafted. He is a football player that brings it every time he steps on the field, practice or game time. He looks like a career backup; he has below average arm strength and needs work on his mechanics. I do think he could develop over time to be a decent back up to Wilson though. He is the type you can throw in there if Wilson needs a break over a short period but if a team was stuck with him for an extended amount of time it could get ugly. The other good thing about him is he can probably be used a little in gimmick situations because of his size and running abilities.

What do you guys think?
Jared

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
Jared wrote:
Seahawks
Draft
Richardson-DT
Trade back into the 2nd
Hamilton-WR
Greene-OLB
Taylor-CB
Barner-RB
Mellete-WR
Mauti-OLB
Mathieu-CB/S

I know it's only a 5th, but why RB? Replace Leon? Lynch will certainly stay #1, & we just spent a high pick on Turbin...IDGI.

I read somewhere in here that we wanted a change of pace RB because Turbin and Lynch are almost the same player.
And you could always switch it out for a OG.
Jared

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I know it's a little early but what do you guys think about trading the future to get clowney next year? I think he would make this the best defense in the nfl. We would be very young on this side and our offense so it would not hurt us as much to trade all these picks. Just a thought....
silus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run defense and pass rush. To hell with everything else. We need to model ourselves after the Giants. Just stack that position.
WhODaT888

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-Season:
Re-sign Jason Jones. When the guy is healthy he's a high quality defender inside, especially getting pressure there.

Henry Melton may be on the radar as well. Great penetrator against the run and pass. Could be full time starter along the DL next to Mebane.

2013 Draft

1st round: WR Justin Hunter/Cordarrelle Patterson/Da'Rick Rogers
Any one of these 3 receivers or a DL such as Margus Hunt, Ezekiel Ansah or Bennie Logan should be available at 25 for us.

2nd round: go after OL Lane Johnson or Brennan Williams or Hodges from PSU to replace Hill or dark horse pick there may be Mathieu.
A stretch for Tyrann but could be a top returner and an asset on defense.

Only major, major need which has been emphasized on here is pass rush. If that's acquired then maybe that 10-12 deep zone toehold leads might just work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside pass rusher in round 1, outside pass rusher in round 2, LB or DL, doesn't matter to me, WR in round 3.

I think they'll go for an O-linemen in free agency to cover that and pick one up late in the draft.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
theKing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not a fan of any DT besides Sheldon Richardson and i doubt he makes it to our 1st pick so id rather try to address that position through FA and mid round picks at least this year. In the 1st i'd rather go after a reciever like Patterson or Allen if they fall to our pick but if not either trade back or grab the best OLB.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys just finished a GM Mock Draft using the Seahawks! There was no FA, just draft and trades. Feedback appreciated!

Quote:
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

OFFENSE

QB: RUSELL WILSON - Matt Scott
RB: MARSHAWN LYNCH - BENJARVUS GREEN-ELLIS - ANDRE ELLINGTON - ZAC STACY
FB: MICHAEL ROBINSON
WR: SIDNEY RICE - Doug Baldwin - Kenny Stills
WR: CORDARRELLE PATTERSON - GOLDEN TATE - Ben Obomanu
TE: JERMICHAEL FINLEY - ZACH MILLER - Cameron Morrah
LT: RUSSELL OKUNG - MARK JACKSON
LG: JAMES CARPENTER - JOHN MOFFITT
C: MAX UNGER - Lemuel Jeanpierre
RG: JONATHAN COOPER - JR Sweezy
RT: ALVIN BAILEY - Breno Giacomini - Paul McQuistan

DEFENSE

LEO: CHRIS CLEMONS - BRUCE IRVIN - JASON WORILDS
UT: Jason Jones - CHRIS JONES - GREG SCRUGGS
NT: BRANDON MEBANE - JAY RATLIFF - Clifton McDonald - Jaye Howard
RE: RED BRYANT - Dexter Davis
LOLB: KARLOS DANSBY Malcom Smith
MLB: BOBBY WAGNER - Mike Morgan
ROLB: KJ WRIGHT - Heath Farwell
CB: RICHARD SHERMAN - JEREMY LANE - Byron Maxwell - Rod Sweeting
CB: SEAN SMITH - Kyle Arrington - Walter Thurmond
FS: EARL THOMAS - Winston Guy
SS: KAM CHANCELLOR - SHAWN WILLIAMS - Jeron Johnson

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: STEVEN HAUSCHKA
P: JON RYAN
LS: CLINT GRESHAM

TRANSACTIONS

*Traded Pick 116 And Pick 213 To Miami For Sean Smith

*Traded Robert Turbin To Cincinnati For Pick 112

*Traded Matt Flynn To Arizona For Pick 67

*Traded Alan Branch to Pittsburgh For Jason Worilds and Pick 211

*Traded Brandon Browner to New England For Pick 60, Pick 92 and Kyle Arrington

*Selected Cordarrelle Patterson With Pick 22

*Traded Pick 60 to Green Bay For Jermichael Finley, Pick 88 and Pick 152

*Traded Pick 52, Pick 88 and Pick 112 to Kansas City For Pick 34

*Selected Jonathan Cooper with Pick 34

*Traded Marcus Trufant and Anthony McCoy to Cincinnati for Benjarvus Green-Ellis

* Traded Pick 67 to San Francisco for Pick 80 and Pick 102

*Selected Chris Jones with Pick 80

*Traded Pick 85 and Leroy Hill to Dallas for Pick 114, Pick 126 and Jay Ratliff.

*Traded Pick 116 and Leon Washington to Miami for Karlos Dasby.

*Selected Alvin Bailey with Pick 92.

*Selected Shawn Williams with Pick 102.

*Selected Andre Ellington with Pick 114.

*Selected Zac Stacy with Pick 149

*Selected Mark Jackson with Pick 152

*Selected Rod Sweeting with Pick 180

* Selected Kenny Stills with Pick 199

* Selected Matt Scott with Pick 211

DRAFT PICKS

Pick 22 = Cordarrelle Patterson

Pick 34 = Jonathan Cooper

Pick 80 = Chris Jones

Pick 92 = Alvin Bailey

Pick 102 = Shawn Williams

Pick 114 = Andre Ellington

Pick 149 = Zac Stacy

Pick 152 = Mark Jackson

Pick 180 = Rod Sweeting

Pick 199 = Kenny Stills

Pick 211 = Matt Scott

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Traded Pick 116 And Pick 213 To Miami For Sean Smith = Smith is a top 25 corner in the league imo. Value was just too good to pass up here. Now will be starting opposite Sherman and locking things down.

*Traded Robert Turbin To Cincinnati For Pick 112 = Kind of regret this move; but was looking to add more draft flexibility. Ended up trading pick 112 to Miami for Dansby, so I think this was a solid deal in the end.

*Traded Matt Flynn To Arizona For Pick 67 = Flynn had a solid day against Detroit with some dink and dunk stuff and a lucky bomb to Nelson for a huge play. As you guys may know now, Flynn is nothing more than a solid back-up. I'll take an early 3rd any day of the week.

*Traded Alan Branch to Pittsburgh For Jason Worilds and Pick 211 = I feel that Worlids is pretty underrated. He's been solid this year, but he's special off the snap. Think he can a solid contributor for many years splitting the LEO spot with Irvin (and Clemons (for now)).

*Traded Brandon Browner to New England For Pick 60, Pick 92 and Kyle Arrington = Browner has nowhere to go but down at this point I'd say. In a game based on physicality and strength, age will definitely break down his play rather qucikly in the next three or four years. Got a lot of value and a solid dime back in Arrington. Was unaware Lane and Maxwell were studs when I did this.

*Selected Cordarrelle Patterson With Pick 22 = My favorite receiver in this draft by a mile. He's a really special guy with the ball and should be a primary target/returner from the get-go in Seattle

*Traded Pick 60 to Green Bay For Jermichael Finley, Pick 88 and Pick 152 = As we saw in 2009 and the end of this year, Finley is a stud when he's a big part of the game plan. Still a top 10 TE in the league despite drops. Insane value for him imo.

*Traded Pick 52, Pick 88 and Pick 112 to Kansas City For Pick 34 = Saw a stud falling.

*Selected Jonathan Cooper with Pick 34 = Cooper's a stud who can start immediately and be a very effective guard. Very happy to see him here in the 2nd.

*Traded Marcus Trufant and Anthony McCoy to Cincinnati for Benjarvus Green-Ellis = Just wanted to make a deal. Ended up getting a pretty solid 3rd down back. Don't see Trufant being able to do much with the CB depth and McCoy is expendable.

* Traded Pick 67 to San Francisco for Pick 80 and Pick 102 = Board wasn't falling good for SEA needs, got solid value.

*Selected Chris Jones with Pick 80 = I personally think he's the third best interior rusher in this draft. Solves SEA's biggest need and fits the scheme well. May be considered a reach but I view him as an mid 2nd rounder

*Traded Pick 85 and Leroy Hill to Dallas for Pick 114, Pick 126 and Jay Ratliff. = Wanted to trade back and was really trying to get rid of Leroy and this was the best deal I saw that involved Leroy...

*Traded Pick 112 and Leon Washington to Miami for Karlos Dasby. = Getting Karlos was absolutely huge imo. Got really solid value for a very good player.

*Selected Alvin Bailey with Pick 92. = Needed more o-line depth and got a very solid guard/RT. I plugged him at RT but he's interchangable with Carp.

*Selected Shawn Williams with Pick 102. = Safeties were going quick at this point and I wanted to add a solid one to copy SOS's idea of letting Chancellor play more Will.

*Selected Andre Ellington with Pick 114. = Felt this was pretty good value and could offer something different than Lynch and BGE

*Selected Zac Stacy with Pick 149 = Couldn't believe my draft-crush was still on the board. I know 4 RB's is ridiculous...

*Selected Mark Jackson with Pick 152 = Very good on film. Could be a mega steal or a dud.

*Selected Rod Sweeting with Pick 180 = BPA.

* Selected Kenny Stills with Pick 199 = Could battle Obamanu for the #5 receiver. Very good value.

* Selected Matt Scott with Pick 211 = Needed a back-up QB still. Best one left. Will definitely have to sign one in FA!

What Do You Guys Think?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of prospects I like. But knowing Pete and JS we will grab a guy that is a "reach" and then go on to fulfill a HOF type career proving analysts don't know spit.

But DT, WR and OL are all places that need to be addressed.

I like Margus Hunt at #25. 6'8 285. I'm hoping JJ Watt 2.0. In this D I think he would be amazing as a UT or take some of Reds snaps at RE.

I like Cordarrell Patterson, Keenen Allen also at #25.

I don't see any possible way we get a top tier OL falling to us. Fisher, Warrmack, and of course Joekle are gone. So prospects like Lane Johnson in round 2 or Tanner Hawkins in round 3-4 sounds a lot better.

This draft is absolutely stacked with DTs. We could be able to wait til rounds 2-3 for one of those.

Bottom line is Pete and JS have earned my trust after last year. And just want someone special in the 1st regardless of position.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You traded Turbin for a 4th? Confused

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: