Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Key to Winning?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niner4ever

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key will be if we break the third game jinks we got going this year
sherm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
This has to be the game when Kap finally gets it going with VD. Miller had an insane game against the Falcon's today and VD is a better TE than him.

9's on the seam and crossing routes out of the slot should do the trick!

U would think that. VD needs to learn how to become a better route runner. Getting behind the LB and finding that open zone. Should be more plays for him this wk after watching what Miller did. Let's hope it actually works.
sherm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continue to feed the Crab. He's on a roll and making big plays for our offense. Let our playmaker make plays. Continue to give him the ball in space so he can get his YAC. 44 CTH 657 yards last 6 gms...6 TD over that span(all 6 in the last 4 gms)

Continue to run the pistol formation. This wk we should see more handoffs to Gore and LMJ. I expect them to overplay the QB read option thinking Kaep keeping it. I could see 2 100 yard rushers...IF LMJ gets enough touches.

Kaep take what the def gives us...either on passing or running plays. If they continue to leave the running lanes open...run! Wilson had all type of running lanes(many on passing plays) in the 1st half when he team was struggling. I don't expect anything near 100 yards this gm...but doesn't mean his running can't be effective. If the passing lanes are there make the throw.

Get a lead early. Get them to start pressing...that's when mistakes happen.

Don't give up the big play. Teams that have scored on us have gotten that big pass play(40 + yards) to set up their score. With Roddy and Julio we need our S to stay back.
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoLdRuSh wrote:
This has to be the game when Kap finally gets it going with VD. Miller had an insane game against the Falcon's today and VD is a better TE than him.

That's a good point. The falcons did a terrible job of covering the tight ends last night.

In general, I'd say we should use the pass to set up the run in this one. John Abraham looks like he's done for the playoffs, and without him, atlanta has no pass rush. That should give Kap lots of time to let deep routes develop, which opens up not only the big play over the top, but also a lot of the underneath stuff with either Kap running or receivers coming back for the ball. Atlanta can stuff the run if you are too predictable. They gave Marshawn Lynch a pretty tough time last night, but they are suckers for an open field.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
I have a Québec Nordiques jersey, and instead of going with the more classic Peter Stastny, I went with his little brother Anton. I rock.

Joe Sakic ftw!

My childhood heroes were actually Owen Nolan (yeah, the cowboy) and... Chris Simon.

Owen Nolan was my favorite Shark of all time.

<3

I was referring to Nolan with the Nordiques.. who cares about San Jose. Québec City won TWO Stanley Cups!! Okay, it was the Québec Bulldogs, in 1912 and 1913.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
GoLdRuSh wrote:

That's a good point. The falcons did a terrible job of covering the tight ends last night.

In general, I'd say we should use the pass to set up the run in this one. John Abraham looks like he's done for the playoffs, and without him, atlanta has no pass rush. That should give Kap lots of time to let deep routes develop, which opens up not only the big play over the top, but also a lot of the underneath stuff with either Kap running or receivers coming back for the ball. Atlanta can stuff the run if you are too predictable. They gave Marshawn Lynch a pretty tough time last night, but they are suckers for an open field.

From what I saw last night, Atlanta plays off man A LOT. we should run a few slants with some quick hitches and then set those up later in the game with some double moves. Like you said, Miller had a HUGE game against them so why wouldn't we want to get the ball to Vernon?

I think it will be huge for us if Abraham doesn't play. I don't want to take credit from ATL's run game but I believe they were able to be successful because Chris Clemons was not playing. I still think that Seattle would have benefited more if they would have ran it early with Lynch along with a few read options with Wilson. I feel better about this title game then last year's. I was very nervous this time last year but right now I have a good feeling inside of me.

Besides the NFL got their superbowl rematch last year time to give us a harbowl!!!
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
I think I've found it. It works like this:

Keep Randy Moss at 2 catches (sorry NBT). Keep Vernon Davis at 1.

Definitely do not feed Randy Moss the ball 3 times, and don't give the ball to Vernon Davis twice.

In the Dolphins, Patriots, Cardinals, and Packers (playoffs) games, we went 4-0. Randy Moss had 2 catches. Davis had 1.

In the Rams and Seahawks games, we went 0-2. Moss had 3 catches. Davis had 2.

I'm convinced.

-------------------------------------------

Seriously, though - what do people think are key in the next game? I think regardless of it being the Falcons or Seahawks, the biggest thing is going to be finding someone other than Michael Crabtree in the passing game wide receiver-wise. It'd REALLY be a great time for AJ Jenkins to show why he was drafted. Because if Crabtree gets shut down...uh oh.

I share the concern of Crabtree getting shut down, or Harbaugh forbid, he gets injured. Then what??? Delanie to the rescue! Okay, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
John232 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
I have a Québec Nordiques jersey, and instead of going with the more classic Peter Stastny, I went with his little brother Anton. I rock.

Joe Sakic ftw!

My childhood heroes were actually Owen Nolan (yeah, the cowboy) and... Chris Simon.

Owen Nolan was my favorite Shark of all time.

<3

I was referring to Nolan with the Nordiques.. who cares about San Jose. Québec City won TWO Stanley Cups!! Okay, it was the Québec Bulldogs, in 1912 and 1913.

Well I hope Ozolinsh was worth it!

xsaMainevent on the sig
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Definitely do not feed Randy Moss the ball 3 times, and don't give the ball to Vernon Davis twice.

In the Dolphins, Patriots, Cardinals, and Packers (playoffs) games, we went 4-0. Randy Moss had 2 catches. Davis had 1.

I'm convinced.

Seriously, though - what do people think are key in the next game? I think regardless of it being the Falcons or Seahawks, the biggest thing is going to be finding someone other than Michael Crabtree in the passing game wide receiver-wise. It'd REALLY be a great time for AJ Jenkins to show why he was drafted. Because if Crabtree gets shut down...uh oh.

I share the concern of Crabtree getting shut down, or Harbaugh forbid, he gets injured. Then what??? Delanie to the rescue! Okay, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Maybe Kaepernick could try catching his own passes...

Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Ataal wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I'm convinced.

If he throws it high....he's quick enough!

Man am I enjoying people coming up to me at work saying, "Dude, your boy Kaepernick....what a game!!!"

Relevancy, oh how I've missed you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Key to Winning? Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
Ataal wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I'm convinced.

If he throws it high....he's quick enough!

Man am I enjoying people coming up to me at work saying, "Dude, your boy Kaepernick....what a game!!!"

Relevancy, oh how I've missed you!

I wonder, is it even legal? Let's say Kap rolls to his right, has a defender in front of him, just lobs it in the air, the defender jumps, Kap runs around him, catches his own pass while the defender is behind and clueless... is it legal?

Would it be perceived like Ricky Davis shooting at his own hoop to get the rebound and a triple-double?

Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I watched a quarterback this year throw the ball, it bounced off someone's helmet, he caught it. He also threw it again after that for a touchdown, which is illegal, but catching it wasn't. So, I don't know if it has to touch someone else before he can catch it or not. Very good question.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Well, I watched a quarterback this year throw the ball, it bounced off someone's helmet, he caught it. He also threw it again after that for a touchdown, which is illegal, but catching it wasn't. So, I don't know if it has to touch someone else before he can catch it or not. Very good question.

There's a question of intent in there. It's like some fumbles that can't be advanced by a player other than the fumbler himself, or a forward fumble going back to the point of the fumble. If all fumbles were treated equally, what would prevent a player from fake-fumbling, advancing the ball to a teammate who could go for a greater gain. Only a backward fumble should be advanceable by another player, because there's really no distinction between a backward fumble and a lateral. So, there are rules against forward fumbles just so that players can't take advantage of a loophole. There could be similar rules regarding passes. When it touches a helmet and falls back into the QB's hands (I think that was actually Brett Favre's first career completion.. a pass to himself), there's obviously no intention to throw to himself. And it's a live ball, a forward pass that has yet to touch the ground. The QB has to be considered an eligible receiver by definition, and the ball has been touched anyway, which means anyone can catch it, right? So there's nothing preventing a QB from catching his own deflected pass. But a non-deflected pass... I'll look into it.

In the meantime: A QB throws a TD pass to himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxpqETe78YM

big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this:

Professional football

In both American and Canadian professional football, every player on the defensive team is considered eligible. The offensive team must have at least seven players lined up on the line of scrimmage. Of the players on the line of scrimmage, only the two players on the ends of the line of scrimmage are eligible receivers. The four remaining players in the backfield (five in Canadian football), including the quarterback, are also eligible receivers—except in the National Football League, where a quarterback who takes the snap from "under center" is never eligible.[2]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Found this:

Professional football

In both American and Canadian professional football, every player on the defensive team is considered eligible. The offensive team must have at least seven players lined up on the line of scrimmage. Of the players on the line of scrimmage, only the two players on the ends of the line of scrimmage are eligible receivers. The four remaining players in the backfield (five in Canadian football), including the quarterback, are also eligible receivers—except in the National Football League, where a quarterback who takes the snap from "under center" is never eligible.[2]

Well, that's interesting. So, if a quarterback hands the ball off to someone, his only role at that point can be a blocker. He cannot hand the ball off to a running back and then have the running back throw the ball back to him down the field?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: